Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Brothers. Help me understand. What are these boobs on the armor connected to. If you zoom in on the middle the chest area looks flat, like, really flat. So is the armor on display just fake boobs?
wA3mR4E.png

kapisi

Novice
I'm sure at this point the nu-BioWare cult will love the game even if it smears shit on their face.
Especially if it does that.

Remember demonic possession, abominations? Templars standing with swords drawn over mages during their final test?

Dude is possessed, everyone is oofing about this over a cup of latte. "Nah, dawg, I'm fine, I'm cool, alright?" - - "Gee-weez, friend, I guess you're cool then"

jackofshadows

Magister
Brothers. Help me understand. What are these boobs on the armor connected to. If you zoom in on the middle the chest area looks flat, like, really flat. So is the armor on display just fake boobs?
wA3mR4E.png
They can be just really saggy. But anyway, this is a game for troons from troons. What else did you expect?

N'wah

Novice
Granted most of it were cameos, but it was cool nonetheless to see Loghain appear in Inquistion for example.
Loghain was not just a cameo, he had an extended presence in a major story questline, along with Hawke. The sort of presence that could be rapelaced with someone else, but still. Alastair was a cameo... or maybe that's just because of my worldstate that made him the king, instead of a gay ward-

Why am I defending Cisquisition? Has it come to this?

:despair:
Come on, it was a good example of different worldstates.

It could be Alistair, Loghain or the default guy. Three actors recording a decent amount of lines (with some variation)

Aaand if you did the main quests in a specific order, you could catch additional scenes of Alistair/Loghain and Morrigan. Aaaaand they could be talking about Warden/Alistair/Loghain's son.

If you didn't import a suitable save, you wouldn't see all this possible content.

Even if it doesn't impact the main story at all, it was still great on Bioware's part to spend time and money on those possibilities. Something to be proud of, I ain't ever gonna deny them that.
Man, it bums me out to think there won't be any cool closure for Loghain if you kept him around considering the games gave you 3 different times to take him out with each one involving some measure of sacrifice (losing Alistair at the Landsmeet, Morrigan's ritual, leaving Hawke in the Fade). With no import he'll be stuck in the fridge like the Warden and all the other characters with uncertain fates.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm sure at this point the nu-BioWare cult will love the game even if it smears shit on their face.

Remember demonic possession, abominations? Templars standing with swords drawn over mages during their final test?

Dude is possessed, everyone is oofing about this over a cup of latte. "Nah, dawg, I'm fine, I'm cool, alright?" - - "Gee-weez, friend, I guess you're cool then"

Women Bitchez...
:nocountryforshitposters:

Silverfish

Arbiter
The sex of this game was awkward, strange, full of uncertainty and inequality (while heterosexual relationships were as safe as possible, homosexual relationships were full of over-the-top weirdness, like Sera calling the inquisitor "Lady Buttstock").

Good to see that even Bioware occasionally gets one right.

A reminder that this game is made for fans of Inquisition,

Crazy that both of them have waited a decade.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Listen to how strangely they speak. 1:15. Why does she divide these sentences so much and why does she have such a strange cadence?

The sex of this game was awkward, strange, full of uncertainty and inequality (while heterosexual relationships were as safe as possible, homosexual relationships were full of over-the-top weirdness, like Sera calling the inquisitor "Lady Buttstock").

Good to see that even Bioware occasionally gets one right.

Do you mean the first part of my statement or the bracket? :D

Semiurge

Cipher
Inquisition was released in 2014? Their old fanbase are probably considered neonazis by todays standarts so why bother indeed? Now, Larpian fagbase on the other hand *smacks lips* is ripe for the picking.

Fans of BG3 wouldn't care for Veilguard's sanitised style, not when BG3 is basically a hentai RPG.

A pretty good A.I approximation of Zevran. The ingame model of Origins and DA2 didn't look nearly as pretty, but this was the look they were going for, a dandied-up elf with groomed blond hair and a tan.

This idiot and a few other totally not EA community managers keep getting autobanned for spamming but their bans gets revoked in a day or two. They are desperately trying to keep the discussion focused on "bigots hating trans people" both on Steam and reddit. But looking at big gaming subs on reddit, even Dragon Age one, it is clear that even normies started piling up on this game which makes these stupid marketers even more desperate.

No shit. I could tell instantly that that particular user was a shill, from the way alone how all of his posts read like mild-mannered official corpo-statements. Also because basically every post of his provides zero original insight, yet he just fucking instantly appears in every negative thread just to fortify that agenda about haters and culture war tourists. There's plenty more who may not sound as laboured, but who exude the same shill vibe. Like that Valkyria or whatever. They are absolutely mind-numbing with their "y'alls" and other canned phrases that are tossed around just to trigger and "expose the bigots".

The only reason they're even given these laughable bans is because the mods are trying to control the damage done by these shillbots.

Camel one of the brothel elves was a tranny or crossdresser
True. But BioWare used him only as a comic relief.
Serendipity.png

We never thought of her as transgender, per se— she’s more of a drag queen, in attitude if not in appearance (lacking the appropriate options, else that’s what she would have been).
https://the-gaider-archives.tumblr.com/post/108930086798/on-transgender-characters

The DA2 elves sure looked freaky.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister

Listen to how strangely they speak. 1:15. Why does she divide these sentences so much and why does she have such a strange cadence?

Indeed. Overall quality of the VO sucks so much if we take a proper bar of course. Then again, even some amateur work sound beter, from Enderal for example. Fucking troons can't get anything right. On a more serious note, this is what DEI/nepotism hires competence looks like.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Granted most of it were cameos, but it was cool nonetheless to see Loghain appear in Inquistion for example.
Loghain was not just a cameo, he had an extended presence in a major story questline, along with Hawke. The sort of presence that could be rapelaced with someone else, but still. Alastair was a cameo... or maybe that's just because of my worldstate that made him the king, instead of a gay ward-

Why am I defending Cisquisition? Has it come to this?

:despair:
Come on, it was a good example of different worldstates.

It could be Alistair, Loghain or the default guy. Three actors recording a decent amount of lines (with some variation)

Aaand if you did the main quests in a specific order, you could catch additional scenes of Alistair/Loghain and Morrigan. Aaaaand they could be talking about Warden/Alistair/Loghain's son.

If you didn't import a suitable save, you wouldn't see all this possible content.

Even if it doesn't impact the main story at all, it was still great on Bioware's part to spend time and money on those possibilities. Something to be proud of, I ain't ever gonna deny them that.
Man, it bums me out to think there won't be any cool closure for Loghain if you kept him around considering the games gave you 3 different times to take him out with each one involving some measure of sacrifice (losing Alistair at the Landsmeet, Morrigan's ritual, leaving Hawke in the Fade). With no import he'll be stuck in the fridge like the Warden and all the other characters with uncertain fates.
Welp, it's been 10 years, Cisquisition is now officially oldschool and good, by Godex standards.

Semiurge

Cipher
wA3mR4E.png

The chest looks fine, but I'm more concerned about that strangely modern leather jacket. Bioware has no chops to design interesting apparell like CDPR, so they mimic real life clothing.

Oh jeez, they gave Lucanis a personal BOB.

Now imagine the potential sex scenes with him if this demon is still present in him. The way they've characterised each party member is so formulaic and predictable. In this case they're farming for little boys and girls who want someone to fix, someone sexily damaged. I'm sorry for actually typing that out.

The party member reactions also, as you pointed out, seem as if they're coming from a bunch of sedated soyjacks who would gladly try to hug the problem away if Rook told them to.

Indeed. Overall quality of the VO sucks so much if we take a proper bar of course. Then again, even some amateur work sound beter, from Enderal for example. Fucking troons can't get anything right. On a more serious note, this is what DEI/nepotism hires competence looks like.

Most of the voice acting in Inquisition sounded so sterile that I began to doubt if it actually came from real humans at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So many pages, smh. Here's something new for you to spam about.

Rook and companions face a powerful blighted dragon before something more sinister appears. Return to Thedas in Dragon Age™: The Veilguard.

Get your first look at some of the powerful combat abilities available to Rook as a mage and see how you might use them to turn the tides of battle.

kapisi

Novice
Most of the voice acting in Inquisition sounded so sterile that I began to doubt if it actually came from real humans at all.
Respectfully disagree, Inquisition was carried by lore (largely established back while writing Origins, according to Gaider) and character performances.

Even when the plot and writing was failing, it was mostly doing so in good style, I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom