Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Most of the voice acting in Inquisition sounded so sterile that I began to doubt if it actually came from real humans at all.
BioWare wasted Ali Hilli's talent on this shitshow.
:despair:
maxresdefault.jpg

?

jackofshadows

Magister
So many pages, smh. Here's something new for you to spam about.

Rook and companions face a powerful blighted dragon before something more sinister appears. Return to Thedas in Dragon Age™: The Veilguard.

Get your first look at some of the powerful combat abilities available to Rook as a mage and see how you might use them to turn the tides of battle.

Even derpspawns have girlbosses, jeez.

Also that dragon fight arena looks lame as fuck.

Last edited:

kapisi

Novice

Rook and companions face a powerful blighted dragon before something more sinister appears. Return to Thedas in Dragon Age™: The Veilguard.

Get your first look at some of the powerful combat abilities available to Rook as a mage and see how you might use them to turn the tides of battle.

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me.

Check it out! Hey warden, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out!

Independently targeting companion combos. Whoa! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical girlbosses, phase-plasma dodge rolls, cheesy one-liners, we got sonic electronic magic ball breakers! We got spells, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Semiurge

Cipher

Oh noes, this preview of ultra-violent combat and bad language needs a youtube login.

Oh well.

Fargus

Arcane

Looks like terrible, generic shitslop. It even has the majestic divine femoid boss №129 with distorted godlike voice. I assume one of the first darkspawns. About as expected i guess.

Hedasd

Literate
Compare Inon Zur's music and Aubrey Ashburn's angelic voice with this abomination.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EhWCAHBbjU
Soundtrack is handled by some mediocre hollywood composer working for Hans Zimmer's production company called Lorne Balfe, his past work includes some classics like Pacific Rim Uprising, Black Widow, Black Adam and FIFA 19. Even in soundtrack department they somehow managed to fuck up. It is incredible how this husk of a company managed to fuck up at every single turn in the past decade.

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Leftists tend to come in one of two flavours. There's the well meaning genuinely liberal types and then there's the spiteful mutants who are true believers in what is essentially one big death cult. The former has earned the wrath of the latter, since even someone who subscribes to liberal beliefs will be exiled if they disagree on even one particular issue. As we saw with J.K Rowling.

The spiteful mutants are the sort flocking to games such as this. Nothing gets them off more than destroying something that they know used to appeal to the dreaded 'gamers' that they fear and despise so much.
Pretty fucking much.
qGem3ii.png
Having spent my formative years in the 90s, this is how it feels they treat you sometimes:

1727220404350.png

gooseman

Educated
I dont remember anything beyond basic bisexual companions and brothel options in Origins along with a drag queen in second game. Inquisition on the other hand had one transgered character with horribly hamfisted dialogue that vilified the player character for simple questions(written by Patrick Weekes, who is now called Trick for some reason) and possibly the most stereotypical and shallow gay character they could have written. These constant "Dragon Age always was like this" posts on the internet are getting extremely annoying due to blatant lying to push their stupid ideologies.
But... it was always like that. Most Bioware games always had faggots in them. People kept giving them money, Bioware (regrettably) continued to exist and slipping and sliding on the slippery slope (not a fallacy). They are doing the same thing, with faggotry adjusted for current year. A sort of faggotry inflation, if you will. I don't get why people are acting surprised about it now. Seems like a perfectly predictable and logical development.

Camel

Scholar
Soundtrack is handled by some mediocre hollywood composer working for Hans Zimmer's production company called Lorne Balfe, his past work includes some classics like Pacific Rim Uprising, Black Widow, Black Adam and FIFA 19. Even in soundtrack department they somehow managed to fuck up. It is incredible how this husk of a company managed to fuck up at every single turn in the past decade.
The thing is music is often underrated in the games and movies but Dragon Age and Mass Effect have the good or great soundtracks especially ME3(I was lost without you and Stand strong, stand together are stunning). Deadpool and Wolverine has the great soundtrack with iconic pop music songs which carried many scenes. No wonder late-stage BioWare forgot to get Inon Zur.
Pacific Rim Uprising, Black Widow, Black Adam
So he made music for three Hollywood box office flops. Gee, I wonder why BioWare hired him.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A play by play of the trailer

-> Ultra serious exposition intro

-> shows this

1727222545047.png

and this

1727222609619.png

-> Immersion 100% ruined :salute: good job

-> There's a dragon hiding in the tower, so let's position our ballistas right under the tower like smart people

-> Ballistas get ganked and do nothing. Wow.

-> Shows combat that looks like some kind of soulsborne with pause and ability spamming

-> Does a flat cut in the middle of their own combat showcase

-> You see elf god for the first time

-> It's some weird tentacle weirdo

-> Trailer fades out like it did something cool

Even the explosions are purple. This is the most purple game I've ever seen.

AfterVirtue

Novice
Everything about this game looks so unappealing: the UI, the colors, the characters...
Which is surprising (If you put aside the developers) considering that back in DAO, they tried to make Demons sexy:
dragon_age_03.jpg
This would never exist today, which is a shame:
5oahC5b.png

Of course they can, let the Eurovision summon begin:

bambi-2151753567.jpeg

Ah, hell. Magic became rather queerer than before.

Semiurge

Cipher

Many of us are too young to watch such extreme violence and nudity, according to youtube.

Here's the video for those without an account btw, the original can only be viewed embedded ;)

This looks so soulless, dated and generally embarrassingly bad. The animations, the voices, the music, the combat, everything except the silky hair.

The official DA channel's comments section is full of "community managers", and youtube is hiding the dislikes again.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom