Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
So far, I see no evidence that Veilguard will sell badly. More followed than Titan Quest, Metal Gear and Doom. Of course, we don't have any data about the preoder numbers, but still.

https://steamdb.info/stats/mostwished/
I just noticed that there is another Borderlands game coming up. Can't Gearbox just fucking die already?

:despair:

Thalstarion

Novice
It's going to sell better than the likes of Dustborn and Concord but it isn't going to sell nearly as well as it would have if it had not betrayed its roots. It's being relentlessly mocked even on many mainstream sites and that's with heavy handed moderation silencing people voicing criticism of the plague that is ESG/DEI.

Vatnik Wumao
lul
5fu9sag.gif

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm amazed how everything in this trailer looks so garbage and retarded.

Both in cinematics and in gameplay.

For example, when it comes to cinematics there are people in the middle of a combat with a dragon in a mud pit everyone is absolutely clean. No blood, no mud, no dirt. The lighting looks like a stage play, and the lighting in the atmosphere doesn't even match one on the character models. Looks very odd. Retarded animations and plot I won't even bother commenting, you could write a whole essay about them.

When it comes to actual gameplay enemies don't even react to anything. Some of the smaller enemies may flail their upper bodies when you hit them, but even then it's not nearly as much as you would expect when getting slammed in the face with a shield. There's no real sense of impact. The dragon didn't even flinch once in that fight. Half a dozen super sparkly combo detonations, and nothing. It just kept right on through its simple AI script. Didn't flinch, didn't recoil. All it did was a handful of scripted attacks played in a sequence, each with a lengthy cooldown. It doesn't even feel like the player is interacting with it, just chipping away from a health bar while the boss does its script.

This game looks like a budget trash.

It's kinda funny that everybody tries harder and harder to corner the action market. Not only because it's crowded as fuck as is -- for the general public, even the likes of Red Dead Redemption, Horizon or Assassin's Creed are a viable substitute for Veilguard, as Ubisoft et all have incorporated RPG elements into their games since forever.

But also because it's only that Belgian running around in armor who seems to have realized: "Wait a minute! Gazillions are playing turn-based games on their mobiles! Nobody making them like they used to doesn't make an ounce of sense!" And so it doesn't. Whilst Bioware should ship this with a heavy epilepsy warning (so much for inclusion) -- in BG3 you can take a sip of coke, put the kid into the oven, bring the pizza to bed, and then slooowly start thinking about whether to critical hit that goblin or that ogre first. It doesn't get more accessible than this.

Yeah, I get it. They all want that Call Of Duty audience (that doesn't give four flying fucks). But give that guy another ten years, and he's gonna have them all bought out.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Here's the video for those without an account btw, the original can only be viewed embedded ;)

This looks so soulless, dated and generally embarrassingly bad. The animations, the music, the combat, everything except the silky hair.

The official DA channel's video is full of "community managers", and youtube is hiding the dislikes again.

At around 2:24, the dragon appears to freeze mid-air for no reason (the player doesn't bring up and wheel or cast any spells). What the fuck is that all about? It's like it's trying to replicate SNES slow-processor slowdown 30 years later lol.

Or am I missing something? Barely slept last night, so I'm not the sharpest today.

damager

Arbiter
If they want that CoD money they should make a covershooter with modern weapons in the Middle East. What this retarded way of thinking behind this?

You give up your growing target audience to tab into some non existent market. Why should some dude bro play a lesbian fantasy action game?

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
It's kinda funny that everybody tries harder and harder to corner the action market. Not only because it's crowded as fuck as is -- for the general public, even the likes of Red Dead Redemption, Horizon or Assassin's Creed are a viable substitute for Veilguard, as Ubisoft et all have incorporated RPG elements into their games since forever.

But also because it's only that Belgian running around in armor who seems to have realized: "Wait a minute! Gazillions are playing turn-based games on their mobiles! Nobody making them like they used to doesn't make an ounce of sense!" And so it doesn't. Whilst Bioware should ship this with a heavy epilepsy warning (so much for inclusion) -- in BG3 you can take a sip of coke, put the kid into the oven, bring the pizza to bed, and then slooowly start thinking about whether to critical hit that goblin or that ogre first. It doesn't get more accessible than this.

Yeah, I get it. They all want that Call Of Duty audience (that doesn't give four flying fucks). But give that guy another ten years, and he's gonna have them all bought out.
Even if someone at bioware realised that there was no time to change the combat system they've probably worked on for like 4 years at this point within a year.
Also never underestimate the ability of normies to sperg out about not getting action combat. See reactions to greedfall 2.

Basshead

Scholar
why are you even engaging with those pricks in the first place?
It's just, well, I've never seen a group of people so stupid, so offensively retarded, so out of touch; it sparked something inside, I just had to engage because I couldn't tell if they're actually, unironically, sincere in their position.

I haven't interacted with that group of idiots after my ban though.
You’re on the codex…..yet you’ve never seen a group of people so stupid, so out of touch that you had to engage to see if they were sincere. Yet you’re a member of the codex. Is this your first day or something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom