Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Ryzer

Arcane
I have a theory that Canada turns people gay when exposed for too long.
French influence surely, just look at our resident La vie sexuelle. Isn't it like half of Canada is french speaking? Gay language.
Nigga, your tsardom spoke French, because Russian language sucked.

6386-9b28041cf48c00abe30a8fbfef6f5644.jpg

If they gave up on BioWare a decade ago (or more, for those of whom DAO was “the last good game”) then they were never going to buy the game anyhow. At which point: why should Bio listen to them? “Abandon your fanbase and woo us instead!” …okay, sure Jan.

Thank you for the kudos, but I think you overestimate my influence. By all reports, the writing is stellar (which I’d expect no less from Patrick and their team). As for the rest, whether you think it’s good or not it would be no different if I was still at BioWare.

Source
He's totally right here, though. Bioware games have always been super liberal for their era. People bitching about this are just bitching because their brains are so corrupted by the the culture wars that they bitch about how every game is woke.

They are the same sort of 2006 era boomers freaking out about lesbians in Mass Effect 1 on Fox News:

The truth is that you're all dumbfucks taking the click-bait that right wing influencers thrive on.

No one gives a fuck. If you don't want liberal politics, then don't play bioware games.

But rage sells, especially to fucking stupid people, and you men are buying.

Are there money shots in the sex scenes?

Vatnik Wumao
One thing I found hilarious is that Inquisition is supposedly BioWare's largest blowout success. In fact it was such a success that they didn't return to the IP for 10 years. :smug:
Andromeda was Inquisition 2. Bioware used the same structure for both games and they were confident Andromeda would be a smash hit. When Andromeda flopped, the leadership got seriously worried and decided to go all in on Anthem instead.

Old Hans

Arcane
One thing I found hilarious is that Inquisition is supposedly BioWare's largest blowout success. In fact it was such a success that they didn't return to the IP for 10 years. :smug:
IPs like dragon age and elder scrolls remind me of the Song of Ice and Fire book series. it starts off at a healthy, reasonable pace with new releases, but at some point you realize its been 10+ years since the last book, at which point you pee your pants and steam comes out of your ears

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

If they gave up on BioWare a decade ago (or more, for those of whom DAO was “the last good game”) then they were never going to buy the game anyhow. At which point: why should Bio listen to them? “Abandon your fanbase and woo us instead!” …okay, sure Jan.

Thank you for the kudos, but I think you overestimate my influence. By all reports, the writing is stellar (which I’d expect no less from Patrick and their team). As for the rest, whether you think it’s good or not it would be no different if I was still at BioWare.

Source
Lead writer on Baldur's Gate 2 by the way, the codex goty and #3 top RPG, also wrote KOTOR and DAO.

So what, is Monkey Island bad too now that Ron Gilbert turned out a giant faggot? Besides, Baldur's Gate was made during an era when big budget games were still being made by gamers, for gamers:

rfcMhCd.jpg
I'm tempted to tag JarlFrank for his opinion on 90s Interplay developer feet.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Lodis

Educated
Wait so nothing from Origins carries over and there's no way to influence what your Warden did? The absolute fucking state.

3D7ZLUJ.png

How can they consider her a central character to the franchise while burying to the game she had the most presence in and turning her into a generic NPC with zero connection to Origins?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They should at least ask if Morrigan had the devil child with the Warden. The little guy appeared in DAI after all (if you didn't upload your earlier choices).

Or maybe they consider her child canonical at this point which means male Warden and his romance with Morrigan are also canonical.

Frozen

Arcane
Bitch, your decisions don't matter, its BioWare.

I remember some dude playing Origins, poisoned the ashes and got chopped head animation of Lelianna wen confronting her.

He rage quits at the end of DAII when she appears lel

"The maker did not think it was my time" :troll:

Vatnik Wumao
They should at least ask if Morrigan had the devil child with the Warden. The little guy appeared in DAI after all (if you didn't upload your earlier choices).
The copout they went for with DAI to invalidate those choices is that if the kid has the old god soul, Flemeth takes it. So whether no child, normal child or devil child, it makes no difference. Just as the copout for DA4 in regards to the well of sorrows will probably be that with Flemeth's death it doesn't matter who drank from it - either it has no effect anymore or Morrigan (/Solas?) inherits that power hence it doesn't matter if the Inquisitor drank from it if they have no reason (/ability) to control the drinker in DA4.

N'wah

Novice
Morrigan is the only character that was there at the start that can't die at any point in the series. I'm pretty sure thats the only reason why she keeps coming back - kind of like how Liara was used in Mass Effect 3 for all the exposition because she's guaranteed to be there.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet

Source
zkbOngt.png

Notice how Gaider stops at DA2 and DA:O without mentioning Andromeda and Anthem flops. True BioWare fans begged them to make BG3 or another DA:O and look how Larian totally upstaged BioWare. Granted BioWare's experiments with their own franchises like Mass Effect were good enough for three games but DA turned to trash after one good game. I don't remember people on BSN wanting NWN after DA:O, Origins were considered a better game.
Ironically many of the issues with with DA4 are beause it is the _same_ Bioware slop of the last 10 or more years.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
So even the token voice lines they did in ME are out the window. This is just lazy. They probably couldn't handle the "problematic" decisions you could make in DAO.

thesecret1

Arcane
Deciding shit went out the window with DA2 already. You can spend the whole game supporting the Templars, but you'll end up with the tamplar leader as the final boss you need to kill, and with mages being freed. The IP ended with DAO, everything after it was irredeemable garbage.

Elttharion

Learned
Morrigan is the only character that was there at the start that can't die at any point in the series. I'm pretty sure thats the only reason why she keeps coming back - kind of like how Liara was used in Mass Effect 3 for all the exposition because she's guaranteed to be there.
You could stab her in the gut in DAO but Bioware did the same thing to her as they did to Leliana and she survives anyway.

Camel

Scholar
Ironically many of the issues with with DA4 are beause it is the _same_ Bioware slop of the last 10 or more years.
The problem is BioWare made the game with all cliches and the worst parts of their writing without the best parts. Larger-than-life characters carried them after BG2, ME2 is all about assembling a team.
Deciding shit went out the window with DA2 already. You can spend the whole game supporting the Templars, but you'll end up with the tamplar leader as the final boss you need to kill, and with mages being freed. The IP ended with DAO, everything after it was irredeemable garbage.
The devs wanted an option when Orsino survived after Hawke siding with the mages but higher-ups changed it to have two final boss battles.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I have a theory that Canada turns people gay when exposed for too long.
French influence surely, just look at our resident La vie sexuelle. Isn't it like half of Canada is french speaking? Gay language. Don't worry though, healthy black muslim workers, doctors, engineers are already fixing this.

Québécois are a minority in Canada. Moreover, the entire LGBT "culture", vocabulary, flags and the belief that sexuality is something different from sex and that this sexuality can be the basis of human identity - these are Anglo-Saxon inventions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom