Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Poseidon00

Arcane
I liked DA:2 more than DA:I. Based on what i'm reading I would enjoy non-consensual sodomy more than Dragon Age 4.

Xeon

Augur
Andromeda despite it being the worst of the ME games, it probably has the best gameplay of them.

If you are only in it for gameplay, there is probably better games tho.

Irata

Scholar

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Quote the article, bro/sis

The developers talked about building systemic narrative mechanics, allowing the player to perform actions like persuading or extorting guards without the writers having to hand-craft every scene. It was all very ambitious and very early, and would have no doubt changed drastically once Joplin entered production, but members of the team say they were thrilled about the possibilities.

I wonder if Josh is throwing shade at Bioware :P:P:P

Hello, Pot, I'm Kettle

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Since someone reading this is going to go play Inquisition, let me just help by explaining that you want to play as an archer rogue. Unlike the first game, mages are not interesting.

Also because AI couldn't use archers effectively if their life depended on it so you might as well be one.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Andromeda despite it being the worst of the ME games, it probably has the best gameplay of them.

If you are only in it for gameplay, there is probably better games tho.

Combat wise maybe, but in an RPG I consider exploration and quest design to be part of gameplay, and those are both terrible in Andromeda.

Frozen

Arcane
Sawyers try to replace story with gameplay comes full circle in that meme because he's shit in making fun gameplay.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Just look who's talking
D4dRmIDWsAIWkpx.png:large

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Don't play anything after DA:O.
Just do not do it.
Mass effect 2 is a good shooter!
:obviously:
Meh if you just want to play pew pew you’re better off getting ME3. Its ME2’s combat but better which doesn’t make up for its dogshit narrative.

I don't know about the other games, but ME3 had a pretty fun horde/L4D mode. Can't imagine anyone still plays it though.
I don't have the appropriate button for you on this one, so I will quote and respond.

It does have a fun horde mode, and shitloads of people still play it on all 3 major platforms. I can quick-match a Gold game any time of day from my GMT -4 timezone, and lag will vary accordingly.

I am the definition of a scrub that got gud. Perseverence and autism.

qui_gon_glenn if you need a backpack to jump into.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
New news. Kind of. https://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-a...-big-focus-as-anthem-loses-its-lead-creators/

Dragon Age 4 becomes BioWare's next big focus, as Anthem loses its lead creators
Three key members of Anthem's development team have already stopped working on the game

rRQpPbArPfBsejBL2CcuP3-320-80.jpg

Anthem, believe it or not, is meant to have a 10 year life cycle of post-launch content. But, in light of the game's systemic problems, BioWare's lack of communication, and a dwindling player base, that ambitious post-launch schedule is looking less and less likely, especially in light of recent news about the game's shifting development team.

In recent weeks, three key members of Anthem's lead development team have departed from work on the project, including Executive Producer Mark Darrah, Lead Producer Michael Gamble, and Lead Director Jonathan Warner, with only the latter intending to return to the game following a personal sabbatical.

According to a recent tweet from Gamble, the reason for this behind the scenes reshuffle seems to be Dragon Age shaped, as BioWare places the majority of its focus on getting Dragon Age 4 our of the door, following several reported reboots of the RPG sequel.

When asked by a fan about who the Anthem community should turn to for questions and queries, Gamble confirmed that the game's Lead Producer Ben Irving and Head of Live Service Chad Robertson are now the ones spearheading the game's post-launch cycle, and hopefully steering it into a brighter future than its rocky launch period.

Dragon Age 4, meanwhile, is reportedly another crack at a live-service game from BioWare, with online elements that would pivot the RPG series from its single-player roots. It's unlikely we'll be hearing anything soon from that title, so don't expect it to be popping up as one of the E3 2019 games later this June. Instead, the best we can hope for in the short-term is that Anthem experiences some sort of miraculous resurgence in quality and vibrance. Stranger things have happened.

The list of Anthem problems remains long and varied. Watch our 60 second review of the game below to find out some of the biggest gripes we found during our playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom