Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I want guns, big armies and cannons
but do you want to be a dragon

Do you really want what you think you want you shitty fuck

Why isn't Bioware dying I need something to be happy about for once, and your shitty mug ain't doing it for me

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it going to have the same story as Mass Effect, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age Inquisition? I really liked this story, I'd like a fourth game to run with it with renamed characters, so I'm never able to tell it's the same.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
It will be like Anthem plus you can ride dragons now, hunting dark spawn from above. And the javelines are called "armor" now and you can even customize then with spikes and big shoulder pads. It will be awesome and you'll never miss in combat. Every dragon will be romancable, but you need special skill to seduce the black one who spits acid.

PsychoFox

Educated
Who cares about DA at this point? Virtually everybody whose made BioWare great has left the company. This Fallen London guy does nothing for me.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Who cares about DA at this point? Virtually everybody whose made BioWare great has left the company. This Fallen London guy does nothing for me.

I dunno If I'm wrong, but Inquisition sold a lot of copies and is considered by many Biowhores as the last good Bioware game (which is telling much about the current state of Bioware). It's the last existing brand of their own they can build off, so to say. Fans will be buying DA 4, no matter what. It will also get all the media coverage, so there'll be a hype. It will suck, nontheless. Outer Worlds could be the last oldschool attempt at CRPGs before Cyberpunked 2077 will crash it all.

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DA4 is their literally last shot at existing (Anthem was a really spectacular trainwreck, out of proportions, it surprised even me).

That's precisely why I predict a lot of quality sodomite degeneracy, smashing patriarchy and strong bimbos. Gotta give people what they really wankt.

PsychoFox

Educated

I dunno If I'm wrong, but Inquisition sold a lot of copies and is considered by mane Biowhores as the last good Bioware game (which is telling much about the current state of Bioware). It's the last existing brand of their own they can build off, so to say. Fans will be buying DA 4, no matter what. It also will get all the media coverage, so there will be a hype. It will suck, nontheless. Outer Worlds will be the last oldschool attempt at CRPGs before Cyberpunkt 2077 will crash it all.
Yea pretty much. Personally i'm expecting CP to completely change the landscape. It'll probably replace Fallout as my own favorite franchise of all time. It's just due course imo at this point.

And before people stone me to death, i'm saying that because the prospect of there ever being a good Fallout game is slim to none.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
DA4 is their literally last shot at existing (Anthem was a really spectacular trainwreck, out of proportions, it surprised even me).

That's precisely why I predict a lot of quality sodomite degeneracy, smashing patriarchy and strong bimbos. Gotta give people what they really wankt.

This makes me wonder if Bioware's games would've taken a different direction in quality if they didn't focus so much on their blatant obvious SJW agenda.

Personally i'm expecting CP to completely change the landscape.

From what I saw of Cyberpunk 2077 till now, it'll be a behemoth that will leave the competioners back in the dust. Sadly, it also will be no RPG but a cineastic open world shooter with flawless execution and probably very good writing. Immersive as fuck, but I guess I'll enjoy Outer Worlds more.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did DA:I fail financially or did it sell well? I guess that is a strong indication about the direction of the new title

Codex Year of the Donut

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did DA:I fail financially or did it sell well? I guess that is a strong indication about the direction of the new title
DA:I was a massive financial success, which is why it got so much DLC.
From what i remember they didn't publish the sale numbers,thus it made some money but it was not something that a corporation would call a success.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
BioWare is now like a japanese Zombie Bank. To close them is to accept own failure and disgrace, so we will support them idefinetely

thesecret1

Arcane
So it's gonna be all around homoshit. Tevinter had, so far, been set up as a nation of shitlords that didn't like your DA:I companion stuffing his mouth with a million dicks, so I fully expect to bring about a grand revolution to smash the patriarchy or something along those lines. Or maybe they'll just retcon it, who knows with Biowhores.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So it's gonna be all around homoshit. Tevinter had, so far, been set up as a nation of shitlords that didn't like your DA:I companion stuffing his mouth with a million dicks, so I fully expect to bring about a grand revolution to smash the patriarchy or something along those lines. Or maybe they'll just retcon it, who knows with Biowhores.

It was my impression that Tevinter weren't necessarily opposed to homosexuality per say, infact any "degeneracy" is fair game, but if you are the head of a noble house you are expected to marry and procreate in order to secure the continued power of your lineage, which was something that Dorian refused to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom