Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age - worth finishing?

Discussion in 'BioWare' started by sheek, Feb 1, 2011.

1. sheek Arbiter

sheek
    I have just got to the last 'act' - the Final Battle...

I started as a human noble, escaped from the castle, reluctantly accepted Alistair, antagonized everybody at Ostagar, survived Ostagar, single-handedly cleared the Tower of demons, cleared the Fade of anything living, forced the Mages and Templar to make peace, saved Redford from undead, saved the Lord of Redford's annoying brat (into the Fade again), detoured to kill Morrigan's mother, massacred the entire population of Haven, killed their Dragon-God, desecrated Andraste's ashes, drank the Dragon-God's blood, played both Dwarf factions against each other, won the Proving Grounds, cleared the entire Deep Roads of monsters, killed the Brood-Mother, killed Branka, gave Harrowmount the crown, killed 90% of the werewolf race, then sided with them to exterminate the remaining Dalish elves, went to Denerim, killed the Arl of that City, rescued the princess, got captured, single-handedly escaped the King Loghain's dungeons, killed the Tevinter slavers, stormed into the Landsmeet, killed Loghain's most powerful champion, walked in dripping with her blood, confronted Loghain, challenged him to a fight, terrified him with Frightening Appearance and slapped him silly, spared his life (good-bye Alistair) and forced him to drink the Warden Drink, and finally became Prince-Consort and Commander-General of Ferelden...

Along the way completed 85% of the side-quests, found too much loot, accumulated 600+ gold, fucked Morrigan and Leliana while in romances with both at the same time, killed a couple thousand random bad-guys and a lot of other epic stuff.

I now feel 99% satiated with this game. Is there anything else worth continuing for? Is the "Final Battle" really a final battle or a repeat of the Deep Roads/Fade + Circle Tower all over again? Are there good ending cut scenes?

^ Top  
  2. Ruprekt Scholar

Ruprekt
    It's rather anticlimactic. I was expecting to have to go on a final suicidial mission into the deep roads to confront the arch demon. Something that would make use of the gear, experience and allies I'd spent all this effort gathering.

Instead it's all over very quickly: So I guess finish for teh sake of finishing. It doesn't take long.

^ Top  
  3. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Final battle is just about hacking your way through the one-hit mob. Really shitty ending of a really shitty game. But I don't like to leave shit unfinished so I think you should endure few more hours of bioware being bioware just to be able to say that you finished this game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Why did you make this topic? You almost finished the game, spent God knows how many hours playing it, and you are asking if you should finish it? It's only 1-2 more hours.

So no, please don't finish it.

^ Top  
  5. sheek Arbiter

sheek
  6. chzr Scholar

chzr
  7. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
  8. Achilles Arcane

Achilles
    Well yes, you should finish it. You've gone this far, why not wrap things up properly?

^ Top  
  9. Black Arcane

Black
    Not even worth starting.

^ Top  
  10. dragonfk Erudite

dragonfk
    I was asking myself the same question when I was in the same spot as you are. If I wasn't a completionist freak I'd drop it. So if you are not one then it's not worth of your time. Just look up the outro on youtube.

^ Top  
  11. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The question shouldn't be "is it worth finishing?" but rather "How many times should I replay this gem?"

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    :x

But anyway, if you made it that far and you care about the story at all, you might as well finish because it really doesn't take THAT long. The final boss is a complete pussy, too.

^ Top  
  13. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    :what: Replay?

^ Top  
  14. Tycn Savant

Tycn
    Don't, you'll be that much less of a faggot

^ Top  
  15. Serious_Business Best Poster on the Codex

Serious_Business
    Seven times :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  16. shihonage Subscribe to my OnlyFans Patron

shihonage
    Bubbles In Memoria
    How can something that is not worth starting, be worth finishing?

:M

^ Top  
  17. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    It's boring but finish it anyway so you can import your save into DA2. You know you're going to play it.
    :yeah:

^ Top  
  18. denizsi Arcane

denizsi
    DO IT.

Show Spoiler
    You can have Alistair executed or expelled and seeing his reaction to either is worth it.

Hmmm, or was this before the final battle? I forgot.

^ Top  
  19. shihonage Subscribe to my OnlyFans Patron

shihonage
    Bubbles In Memoria
    I heard that you can load your old Shepard and get the plasma cutter from the start.

^ Top  
  20. grotsnik Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

grotsnik
    Not just seven times but seventy times seven times.

But yeah - if you've got that far, you might as well soldier on through the last 4 areas of fighting followed by end credits.

^ Top  
  21. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    A question that haunts governments around the world.

^ Top  
  22. Jools Eater of Apples Patron

Jools
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Well, let's try and find an example...

Let's say you went out with your pals, got mildly drunk, and on your way home you just stop to take a leak against a random tree. At this point a rugby team of 15, from Nigeria, walks by, see you and for some unknown reason start assraping you, taking turns.

When the 6th guy has just finished and unloaded his manjuice in your bum, you find yourself thinking that this might not have been worth starting, but it is definitively worth finishing and forgeetting about it.

And this is more or less what people see DA:O experience like.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane Patron

TalesfromtheCrypt
    Strap Yourselves In
    can't judge until you like it.

^ Top  
  24. Overweight Manatee Scholar

Overweight Manatee
    Playing through Dragon Age is the gaming equivalent of having multiple spikes driven through your balls in succession. Your balls are irreparably damage and hanging on by a thing strip of skin. Might as well cut off that skin now. That is the ending to Dragon Age.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.