Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, holy shit finaly DBZ RPG after years of waiting

Silentstorm

Learned
The game plays well, it's the graphics and roster that drag it down, but otherwise, in terms of gameplay, it's up there in the Capcom VS games, the gameplay is the one and only aspect people barely criticize due to being that good and fun.

Shame that every other aspect drags it down.

Silentstorm

Learned
I will say this though, Dragon Ball FighterZ, even with it's bigger appeal to casuals, deserved to win over Capcom, there are a shit ton of fanservice details and animations, every form and characters play and feel differently, and while a lot of people insist on only playing with High Tier characters such as Bardock or GT Goku, every character is technically viable and just have moves or combos no one does, playing with characters at the training mode i really get the feeling that a lot of characters just never had anyone decent who really took them seriously...though i still wouldn't play with Tien, but that's just because i dislike the idea of having Supers that decrease HP in a game with combos that deal a lot of damage.

It's just a well made game, i actually wouldn't mind having a sequel to that game that maybe tried to appeal less to casuals, though if i were to pick a game to have a sequel that could be vastly improved, it would be Super Dragon Ball Heroes:World Mission, holy crap, the fanservice and customization in that game is incredible, shame that the game is so boring to play.

Pretty much imagine a card/strategy Dragon Ball game revolving around various universes and what-ifs with a lot of characters from the whole franchise and even new heroes and villains, wanna play with Super Saiyan 4 Gohan?

He is in the game, same with Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, and various fusions in the game as well, even Young Kami right after he separated his evil self is available in the game, or the fact you get to see more of the Demon World Dabura comes from and face demons that aren't related to him or Demigra, but then the game revolves around waiting for seconds after doing anything as a japanese narrator explains what you did without subtitles or doing really easy mini games that drag each battle into lasting more minutes than it's needed, so all the fanservice ends up being wasted by slow and dull gameplay.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game plays well

Problem is the game has clear balance issue that kinda kills competitive scene at launch as well. Due to interaction with Infinity Stone, there are few characters which can infinite combo very very easily. Dormamu and Time Stone was one of them I think?

Nathir

Liturgist
I will say this though, Dragon Ball FighterZ, even with it's bigger appeal to casuals, deserved to win over Capcom, there are a shit ton of fanservice details and animations, every form and characters play and feel differently, and while a lot of people insist on only playing with High Tier characters such as Bardock or GT Goku, every character is technically viable and just have moves or combos no one does, playing with characters at the training mode i really get the feeling that a lot of characters just never had anyone decent who really took them seriously...though i still wouldn't play with Tien, but that's just because i dislike the idea of having Supers that decrease HP in a game with combos that deal a lot of damage.

It's just a well made game, i actually wouldn't mind having a sequel to that game that maybe tried to appeal less to casuals, though if i were to pick a game to have a sequel that could be vastly improved, it would be Super Dragon Ball Heroes:World Mission, holy crap, the fanservice and customization in that game is incredible, shame that the game is so boring to play.

Pretty much imagine a card/strategy Dragon Ball game revolving around various universes and what-ifs with a lot of characters from the whole franchise and even new heroes and villains, wanna play with Super Saiyan 4 Gohan?

He is in the game, same with Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, and various fusions in the game as well, even Young Kami right after he separated his evil self is available in the game, or the fact you get to see more of the Demon World Dabura comes from and face demons that aren't related to him or Demigra, but then the game revolves around waiting for seconds after doing anything as a japanese narrator explains what you did without subtitles or doing really easy mini games that drag each battle into lasting more minutes than it's needed, so all the fanservice ends up being wasted by slow and dull gameplay.

Lol, this is literally the number 1 problem of the game, and the reason why it died out so fast. Every character plays the same.

Silentstorm

Learned
Lol, this is literally the number 1 problem of the game, and the reason why it died out so fast. Every character plays the same.
Not really?

It's still doing pretty damn well for a fighting game, hence the fact it's going to get a third DLC season, and well, aside from kamehamehas and ki blasts(which also have some differences), every character has different normals, combos, special attacks, gimmicks, supers and assists that make for varied gameplay.

Even disregarding DLC, Captain Ginyu plays like no one else, same goes for Nappa, Beerus is his own character, and hey, so is Hit, and look at that, both Gohans play differently as well, and look, Android 18 has an assist character and doesn't play the same as Android 21 and 16, both Buus play completely differently as well too!

And look at Goku and Vegeta, different forms, but since they were pulled from different points in the franchise, they have different fighting styles, with Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta being slower and more prone to counters but in contrast have much higher damage potential and yet still play differently from the other...not that it matters since the regular Super Saiyan characters are played more often due to having easier moves and combos to perform while having better assists.

It's almost as if, i dunno, people were able to make a clear Tier List because characters and forms play differently from each other?

Even Videl, for example, is much different from 18 and Ginyu despite the three characters relying on assists, and Broly and Cooler play differently from each other and 16 despite being the Heavy tank characters.

Nathir

Liturgist
Jezus Kristus. There is so much stupid in your post. Be honest with me, how many other fighting games have you played and how bad are you at all of them?

GandGolf

Augur
It would be funny if they had Puar and Oolong as characters to unlock and then made them the most powerful fighters in the game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Infinitron I guess we need you to teach those threads how to fusion: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...agon-ball-action-rpg-by-cyberconnect2.125906/

fKKPtOK.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So fat buu is confirmed.....this probably means it will go to kid buu also, this is the biggest dbz game to date.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like those as well. Loved the snes RPG one. finished it like 4-5 times. also own that GBC game, played it quite a lot too. ahh good times :)
Edit
Oh and attack of the saiyans i finished in like 3 days, lol

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The animations are just perfect in this.... best DBZ animations since the original showed aired 20 years ago

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
One reason for that is that this one doesn't use a stylized number of frames to fully realize the look of 2D animation (also the work on light and shadows is not as extensive).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom