Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Commander - Larian Announces New Game

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Larian Studios

<p>Larian Studios <a href="http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&amp;Number=448110&amp;Main=448110#Post448110" target="_blank">announced</a> their new game (formerly known as Project D) : <strong>Dragon Commander</strong>.</p>
<p>I'm unsure as to how much of an RPG (or Strategy-RPG hybrid) it will actually be, but I guess there will be more info unveiled during next week's GamesCom. For the time being here's a snippet:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>Dragon Commander</em><br /><br />Play Dragon Commander and become a mighty Dragon Knight who takes to the skies to wage all-out war. Burn your enemies and lead your armies, then plan your next moves on the highly interactive, tactical campaign map. Yours is the power of the dragon and yours will be the empire!<br /><br /><em>Be the Dragon</em><br /><br />Take control of a great dragon equipped with powerful technology and obliterate all that stands in your way. Use magic, skill and cunning to win the day.<br /><br /><em>Take command</em><br /><br />Build vast armies and lead them into spectacular real-time combat. Conquer the vast world of the Divinity universe, and see your dominion spread over the tactical map.<br /><br /><em>Become the Emperor</em><br /><br />Forge alliances; seek out arcane magic; fund military technology; woo powerful princesses; torture innocent imps. Will you be remembered as Sergei the Cruel, or Swen the Wise?<br /><br /><em>Battle online</em><br /><br />Campaign against your friends and show them you are the only one who&rsquo;s worthy of the title of Dragon Commander!<br /><br />Or in other words - plenty of strange people &amp; creatures to talk to with plenty of choices to make, a big turn-based strategy map with all kinds of fancy units to move around and countries to invade, researching of technology &amp; spells &amp; dragon boosting equipment, the story of the first Dragon Knights (from the time Maxos was a very common word), and massive dragon combat featuring a combat system that's shaping up to be way cooler than anything we've ever managed on that front, way way cooler. It has Steampunk, it has fantasy, huge areas to do the dragon combat in and lots, and I mean lots, of enemies to destroy. It obviously also has a single-player storyline, but there will be options to play multiplayer campaigns against one another which should be quite a lot of fun.<br /><br />We'll show a lot more in the coming months, and we're still learning a lot about the game ourselves, but the one thing I can tell you is that we're having quite a lot of fun making it, a lot more fun actually than we had when we were making Divinity II, so I hope that'll translate itself into something you'll feel when playing it.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdaUt1Hip_Y&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">Teaser trailer.</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
hopefully said 'massive dragon combat' makes skyrim's look like a fight in a mcdonalds ballpit

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Sounds pretty cool. Judging from the trailer it seems to have an interesting blend of visuals from different fantasy sub-genres. I just hope the real-time strategy parts let you pause.

Morkar Left

The description sounds interesting. The ingame-footage iin the trailer was disapointing for me.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is this project D ?????

And what';s with the dragons these days !!! and the drakensang online ad as well by the way ?? what is it??? fucking reptiles!!!!!!!! also, I of the dragon. wup.

haha Draq semi wyvern.. ok i must see trailer at least.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I dream that this will be like sacrifice. And holy hell was that trailer disappointing.

ChristofferC

Magister
I want to be the dragon, not the knight.

edit: err wait, is the dragon the knight? And why does it have a jetpack on its back? :retarded:

MCA
2009-2012 will be remembered for the crazy surge in shit games with dragons... THE AGE OF DRAGONS!

:yeah:

:puke:

DraQ said:
ChristofferC said:
I want to be the dragon, not the knight.

edit: err wait, is the dragon the knight? And why does it have a jetpack on its back? :retarded:
Because supersonic dragons are just awesomer. :smug:

WHERES MAH SKY-JOUSTING DRAGONS!? I WANT LANCING ON THE AIR!

2n7gj1l.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
villain of the story said:
2009-2012 will be remembered for the crazy surge in shit games with dragons... THE AGE OF DRAGONS!
Divinity 2 was actually good, plus there was Drakan and IoTD (not a good game, but did the dragon part quite right).

WHERES MAH SKY-JOUSTING DRAGONS!? I WANT LANCING ON THE AIR!
Retarded and impractical.

Plus, is it Andy?

kmnWolfman

Educated
DraQ said:
Plus the dragon looks like an actual dragon this time, rather than some slightly awkward wyvern.
No. Unless your view of a dragon is based on crazy jrpg fantasy shit.

As for the actual gameplay it does look like Homeworld, but I suspect it will be closer to Homeworld 2 where the dragon will be some sort of a super weapon similar to the Sajuuk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom