Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Shannow

Waster of Time
Dragon's DogmaTM is an exciting new franchise which redefines the action genre from the team that produced some of Capcom's greatest action games. Set in a huge open world, Dragon's Dogma offers an exhilarating and fulfilling action combat game with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world. Alongside your party of three, you set out to track down and destroy a mysterious dragon.
Your teammates fight independently of you, demonstrating prowess and ability they have developed based on traits learned over time from you and your actions. Dragon's Dogma offers a near endless opportunity to help develop partner characters to fight alongside you. With an epic story and incredible action, Dragon's Dogma is set to be one of Capcom's newest hit franchises.

FEATURES • Highly Stylized Action Combat -- The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits --
Resident Evil® 4 and Devil May Cry® 4. • Fight with Ability -- The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the
enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
• Accessible Depth -- Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armor -- even the length of your legs -- plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
• Epic Adventure -- Dragon's Dogma is built from the ground up as an action experience for consoles with a continuous, epic storyline that stands alone in style, scope and substance.
• open world -- Utilizing Capcom's proprietary MT Framework engine and the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil® 5 and Lost Planet® 2, Dragon's Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.
• Night and Day -- The open world features a dynamic 24-hour day/night cycle that will offer different enemies and surprises depending on when you venture into the world.
• pawn Them All -- The pawn system offers flexible combat assistance with main pawn companion that you can train throughout the game and two secondary pawns that can vary wildly to fit your combat style.
• A rich population -- In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, you'll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
No mention of PC. It doesn't even say RPG on the box. Just a plain action game*. Jaesun, do your duty.

And what is with everyone and their grandmother making games that focus on dragons? Wasn't the deadline for the shift towards vampires due last August?

*At least some people still get their genres right.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
VA sounds better than Skyrim and the combat should be superior as it's by capcom.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Syril said:
VA sounds better than Skyrim and the combat should be superior as it's by capcom.

Sure, why not? Nobody said a clone can't be superior to the original.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
X4NgI.jpg

KELRD.jpg

Black Cat

Magister
Game looks fun.

However,

During its raid on the fishing village of Casadeis, a dragon approaches the hero of the story, telling him/her that he/she is the “chosen one” and proceeds to tear out his/her heart. With his/her heart ripped out, the hero’s death is inevitable. However, through some unknown miracles, the hero is saved from certain death. Now revived as an “enlightened one”, he/she is destined to find and kill the dragon that stole his/her heart.

Storyfags should leave.

sser

Arcane
Developer
There are some newer videos floating about. The game looks interesting.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Game looks fun.

However,

During its raid on the fishing village of Casadeis, a dragon approaches the hero of the story, telling him/her that he/she is the “chosen one” and proceeds to tear out his/her heart. With his/her heart ripped out, the hero’s death is inevitable. However, through some unknown miracles, the hero is saved from certain death. Now revived as an “enlightened one”, he/she is destined to find and kill the dragon that stole his/her heart.

Storyfags should leave.

Great. Now all we need is Dennis Quaid and Sean Connery.

Sul

Savant
God, why we can't have nice things anymore!? I can't get over the fact that Japan is making good games for consoles while we are stuck with retarded publisher and their egocentric devs putting writing and "cinematic experience" before gameplay.
godwathehelisthisarrrrrrggggggggg:x

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
This looks charmingly Japanese. The menus have got character, unlike Skyrim. It looks like it could have that "single player MMO" feeling, though, which scares me.

funkadelik

Arcane
Looks like a mix between Demon/Dark Souls and Monster Hunter with some open world exploring. Looks neat.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Looks like a mix between Demon/Dark Souls and Monster Hunter with some open world exploring. Looks neat.
This is what I'm hoping for. I also heard a guy (developer?) mention somewhere that there's some shadow of the collosus influence as well, in regards to climbing on particularly large enemies instead of hacking at their ankles.

I'm hoping it actually has some proper difficult content though. I also heard some crap about making it easy for people who don't want to play an action game, so your party members can basically kill shit for you. Hopefully that's only on an easier difficulty or there's a major side/post game with much more difficult stuff to fight.

praetor

Arcane
multiplayer looks interesting... and that "fling your magic with your hammer" thing seemed pretty cool. i'm really looking forward to this one, hopefully it doesn't disappoint

deuxhero

Arcane
I still remember people being annoyed this wasn't a Breath of Fire sequel like one of Capcom's employees tweeted implying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom