Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Syril, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    If it doesn't come from an SNK or Capcom fighting game then chances are I don't know SHIT.

^ Top  
  2. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Someone really tried to rip off / top Goblin (s)Layer

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Right? He has a cool ass wave shot, and he brings out his own pawn, but you just dunk on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • sad sad x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, I went straight to BBI after that and didn't turn back.

^ Top  
  5. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Unless you don't like hard mode style stuff and the idea of two frost wyverns locking your ass down sounds like a trip to the abyss, I'd recommend doing a second run of Bitterblack if only to say you beat Awakened Daimon. First playthrough was fun enough that I went into a second one right after and only stopped when I hit some brick wall enemies and leveled up/got better stuff. Most games I'd not bother doing any of this shit and would just bounce after the credits but I had such a good time with this game I figured to keep it going.

It's more fun if you try it solo.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Nah, I hate Dragon's Dogma solo, especially since I didn't drink the Mystic Archer meme. There's too many annoying enemies and grapples for me to care, and a lot of the grind is just hoping for RNG which I'm not a fan of. It just ends up being the case where I'll just begin to hate the game, and I don't really want that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    There is a bit of a way to try and manipulate the RNG, make you and your pawn the vocation you're hunting gear for and it'll up the chances of finding it. It seems to draw from a certain pool of items depending on what you/your pawn are currently selected as, there's a whole chart on one of those fan wikis I used. The biggest pain in the ass is Mystic Knight since it has the largest selection and all you want is that fucking shield.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Yeah I'm aware of that RNG. I just also mean drops can be random (of course some function like MonHun parts drops) and upgrading can be a pain esp since for whatever godforsaken reason pawn equipment doesn't get dragonforged on dragon defeat.

Endgame stuff, usually, just isn't my style.

^ Top  
  9. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Well there's a general rule of thumb for each area. The most obvious is Daimon will almost always drop Lvl 3 stuff either off his body or in the chests at the very end. Sometimes you get a bunch of rift crystals, though.

Some of the levels will have a chest that can spawn high quality items. Tower of Treasons Repaid if you go to where the pile of bones are/make skeleton enemies there's usually decent items in one of those chests or the locked doors in Bloodless Stockade. For the record, Bloodless Stockade almost always gives you two skeleton keys one of which spawns in a room on the upper level on the table before you drop down in the area which has three chests bunched together and leads to the dark sewers area. The locked cells tend to have Lvl 3 Rings or Augments. Forgotten Hall also has Lvl 3 Rings/Augment chests near the end if you take a right after the Gorecyclops room and you jump up the stone ledges to an alcove, Fallen City is the same way though the chests on where the good stuff is tends to be a bit more random.

There are almost always going to be man-eaters/mimics on these levels, though I don't think they ever spawn in the Fallen City. The chests they tend to spawn is seemingly random but I can tell you in the Garden of Ignominy there are actually two man-eaters lurking in the area. The first is in the large open courtyard that leads to the exit and you'll either fight a gorechimera or get invaded by wargs/Death, one of the chests there tends to be trapped. In my experience it mostly tends to be the chest closest the alternative way into that area if you go through the side rooms/water section. There's also another man-eater chest along that same route, tends to be the lone chest in the room before where you fight some goblins with two other chests. The large open courtyard in Duskmoon Tower always has a man-eater lurking in wait. The one nice thing is they tend to drop good items or rare ore.

The only enemy I think is bullshit are man-eaters. I used to run the augment that made struggling faster but I still felt like I had to break my controller to just barely escape so I said fuck it and took the death. If you're ever hardpressed for Wakestones just run through the Evenfall a couple times. Skeletal Mages/Liches tend to drop them like candy.

And nearly forgot but some enemies have a chance at dropping Lvl 3 stuff as well such as Death, Living Armors or the wyvern enemies.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Grimlorn Arcane

Grimlorn
    You haven't beaten BBI until you've gone through it twice as it changes quite a bit on the second run through along with the final boss.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  11. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Meh, my loss. I don't really care.

• Fishy Fishy x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. fork Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

fork
    Are you retarded? On that very same page I made several, positive, pararaph-long posts, you stupid fuck.

All you cretins will have to buy and play DD2 first in order to realise I've been right, huh? In 2021? Okay, if the dozens upon dozens of examples of raped and ruined franchise haven't clued you in.. not everyone is capable of learning from the past.

• Participation Award x 2
    • Fishy x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Black Arcane

Black

• incline x 11
    • nice x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. cyborgboy95 Prestigious Gentleman News Cyborg

cyborgboy95
    Finally, someone try to copy Dragon's Dogma instead of Dark Souls

More info here:

• Brofist x 4
    • incline x 4
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    To be fair, Crimson Desert also supposedly "exists".

EDIT: But thank you for reminding me, I saw it in the TGS conference but it wasn't on steam yet.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    CD was put on hold from what black desert devs said.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.