Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Delterius

Arcane
https://www.capcom-games.com/countdown/
6 days
itz happenin'

Or Sony acquisition lmao
judging by a futuristic font, it's probably a new Resident Evil game.
or a remake of an old Resident Evil game.
or Pragmata gameplay reveal.
or Deep Down revival.
or Lost Planet reboot.
parappa-oldschool.gif

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.capcom-games.com/countdown/
6 days
itz happenin'

Or Sony acquisition lmao

That countdown clock is so digital looking it being a reveal to Dragon's Dogma would be the biggest surprise of everything it could be counting down to. If it was revealed beforehand that was a DD countdown I'd expect a DD with a massive setting shift.

I see people thinking it's for Resident Evil, the Reaident Evil leaker guy thinks it's most likely Street Fighter 6. Although RE leaker also doesn't know anything about this. Apparently the countdown ends when Capcom Cup would have. It's probably SF6, which has been in development for a few years now, and that leak said something about how the original plan was to come out this year. So probably SF6 on RE Engine.

By the time E3 stuff is meant to happen in the summer Hideaki Itsuno will have been working on his next project (which sure seems to be DD2) for three years, so we'll probably see something then. It'll probably get shown then, unless it gets saved to be shown at the Game Awards because of weird Covid E3 shit. Three years into development is probably a good time to show something from it.

vota DC

Augur
Nice game. Arisen Is black and Is a sorcerer neGromancer. In the italian version archistaves are called for some reason sceptres so Arisen wuz a kang too.

The boon and bane of ultra complete editions years after release ... I'll do the normal content first. Are there more dlc inserts like this ? I see no list on the GOG page or ingame so I've got no clue and I don't like spoilers from faqs, when I play a game for the first time.

Once you reach Gran Soren, there are some armor pieces available in storage which kinda trivialise the early parts of the game. Ignore them.
They are silly costumes, that means only chest armor and not head, cloack, arms and legs...upgraded decent armor Is better than those.

So the countdown ended and the reveal was Street Fighter 6, which is the thing everyone but beaten down Street Fighter fans thought it'd be. But, to tie that into Dragon's Dogma... I'm not sure who the concept artist on this new SF6 is. It could be Bengus, or it could be Daigo Ikeno. Ikeno does a lot of character design and promo work for Capcom. One of the things he did a bunch of design work on was Dragon's Dogma. Did DMC5 too, although that used face scans so it's not gonna look exactly like he stuff. But I'd be willing to wager a Dragon's Dogma 2 isn't going to use face scans if it's letting you edit how characters look, so this new Street Fighter game might be a good look as to what character models in a future Dragon's Dogma look like. Could basically look like the art from the original game but with realistic textures on everything.

Shrimp

Arbiter
So the countdown ended and the reveal was Street Fighter 6, which is the thing everyone but beaten down Street Fighter fans thought it'd be. But, to tie that into Dragon's Dogma... I'm not sure who the concept artist on this new SF6 is. It could be Bengus, or it could be Daigo Ikeno. Ikeno does a lot of character design and promo work for Capcom. One of the things he did a bunch of design work on was Dragon's Dogma. Did DMC5 too, although that used face scans so it's not gonna look exactly like he stuff. But I'd be willing to wager a Dragon's Dogma 2 isn't going to use face scans if it's letting you edit how characters look, so this new Street Fighter game might be a good look as to what character models in a future Dragon's Dogma look like. Could basically look like the art from the original game but with realistic textures on everything.
Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. Isn't it a bit too optimistic to expect a [most likely] open world RPG to have character models on par with a fighting game?

Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. Isn't it a bit too optimistic to expect a [most likely] open world RPG to have character models on par with a fighting game?

Not exactly, I mean, look at something like Red Dead Redemption 2 from 2018. Now I'm talking more broadly speaking thought, just how in this new Street Fighter the models looks like one of those two artist but textured in a realistic manner...if in-game you've got vains popping and muscles moving under skin I wouldn't expect that. I'm just pointing out this new Street Fighter may be the same character designer of the original Dragon's Dogma, and an RE Engine DD2 might have very similar looking character models.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Looking back at this leak from November 2020:

At the time, it was rumored that this table was from before of the covid lockdowns, and as such they were possibly outdated (as in delayed)
And indeed there's no way for DD2 to release in Q2 of this year without so much as an official announcement. However SF6 can still make that Q3 of 2023, that's interesting to note...

Then we got the GeForce Now leak last November, which stipulated Dragon's Dogma 2 was set for release in 2023.

So it's mostly likely that, like DMC5, DD2 will get an official reveal this year at some game event like E3, followed release in Q1 or Q2 of 2023.
For further proof there's the fact that - DMC3, DMC4, DD and DMC5 were all release betwen January and May of their respective year's (also DMC4 and DD were released 4 years apart)

hackncrazy

Savant
After Capcom placed a 7 day countdown on their website to show us a 5 second CG and a logo of SF6 that is copied from Adobe Store, I don't think we can expect very good things coming from them.

Rafidur

Learned
Their best people have ALL obviously being working on DD2 for years, so they left interns in charge of marketing and street fighter. Trust me guys, it's going to be announced really soon.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Itsuno is the oldest game designer/director at Capcom (the only one from their 6th gen golden days), he has considerable influence with the company
Not only he has the experience (unlike SF team), he's at a position he can make his games however he wants to
I would be surprised if DD2 had as much cut content as the 1st one

After Capcom placed a 7 day countdown on their website to show us a 5 second CG and a logo of SF6 that is copied from Adobe Store, I don't think we can expect very good things coming from them.

I doubt that was CG. If it had been I'm pretty sure there would've been more action, and Ryu's foot and sandals would've had more detail. Trailer seems more like they were just showing off all the little details of the new character models. I'd be pretty surprised if come their summer thing (summer is, I'm sure, when we'll hear about this game) we aren't seeing that same stuff but in a gameplay trailer. When you look at what they already did in RE Engine with DMC5, RE3Remake, RE8, and that upcoming Pragmata game I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't just think those are also in-game RE Engine models.

Rafidur

Learned
Elden Ring really feels like what DD2 exploration and combat would be, anyway (of course missing pawns, climbing on things, and the class system).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom