Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Black

Arcane
He wants someone to tell him that it's gonna be alright and that they'll announce DD2 any minute now.
I won't be that someone.

Mojobeard

Augur
It's gonna be alright, they'll announce DD2 any minute now.
It will be a finished game, not rushed in any way, and won't have 50 mictrotransaction DLCs. It will be everything we wanted. We will go to the moon. We will have the original fantasy races. It will sell 30 million copies on the first week, and DD3 will be announced for 2026.

I know I expected Dragon's Dogma 2 to be announced randomly in mid April.

The game was already on a leak list...it was unofficially announced against Capcom's will in November of 2020. It was already said to exist by another leaker. Hideaki Itsuno (who we can assume is making DD2) posted a picture back in April of 2019 on his Twitter with his new project team so we know he's been working on something for three years. Other stuff from that list of leaks has recently been shown during other shows and events this year. You'll likely just have to wait for one of the big times companies show stuff off this year, which is either around when E3 would've been, or the Game Awards at the end of the year. Summer seems like a good bet since they're already announced they're showing off more SF5 at that time. They've also got Pragmata and Exoprimal coming next year, and Summer would likely be a good time to show off more of them too.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I know I expected Dragon's Dogma 2 to be announced randomly in mid April.

The game was already on a leak list...it was unofficially announced against Capcom's will in November of 2020. It was already said to exist by another leaker. Hideaki Itsuno (who we can assume is making DD2) posted a picture back in April of 2019 on his Twitter with his new project team so we know he's been working on something for three years. Other stuff from that list of leaks has recently been shown during other shows and events this year. You'll likely just have to wait for one of the big times companies show stuff off this year, which is either around when E3 would've been, or the Game Awards at the end of the year. Summer seems like a good bet since they're already announced they're showing off more SF5 at that time. They've also got Pragmata and Exoprimal coming next year, and Summer would likely be a good time to show off more of them too.

change1.jpg

SumDrunkGuy

I hate to say it but Crapcom is our last hope. From Software has gone full mainstream. The future of aRPGs now rests solely on the shoulder of Dragon's Dogma 2.

tenor.gif

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Does the game-plus mode upscale Bitterblack Isle or can you jump right into it without extra-leveling? I thought the game would continue so one can do the dlc after everything else, but the game got me again by surprise with its suicide pact pawn-gender-bender ending. I guess it couldn't overcome its Japanese origins after all.

Anonona

Learned
When the game was released, there was no Hard Mode. It was later added as a way for player that had already beaten the game to have a modicum of challenge in the overworld again, which I don't think it did a good job at, but at least it practically erased the need to grind for money to upgrade high level gear.

NG+ doesn't increase the difficulty of the game nor introduces any significant change for the most part, except for a very peculiar one.

The final boss of the game changes depending on whether you are playing the game online or offline. If you are playing offline, you face your character and pawn from the previous run, if online you face the pawn and arisen of another player that had beaten the game recently

So no worries, you can go to Bitterblack Isle as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh no, not E3, that's terrible...!

"People" are going to play their garbage regardless, and E3 is nothing more than a giant advertising booth (filled with fake ads, no less—dressed-up fantasy versions of the final product, console releases running on hidden PCs, etc.), so really there's no reason for them to waste their own nor anyone else's time or money. >95% of the marketing and hype are generated elsewhere.

They'll probably do it during the E3 timeframe when everyone else is also showing stuff off. There not being an E3 in 2020 didn't stop there from basically being an E3 that year at the same time anyways.

They'll probably announce DD2 in June, along with showing off more Street Fighter 6, that Pragmata game, and Exoprimal. From that leak list of games Dragon's Dogma 2 was originally set to come out around the same time as Street Fighter 6, (actually before it) and that got an official announcement from Capcom during a Capcom fighting game event a few months ago. Based on that leak list Capcom has a lot of stuff they could be showing off in June. If it doesn't come in June, then you'll probably have to wait for the Game Awards at the end of the year. Capcom did already announced there was more Street Fighter 6 news coming this summer, which I'm going to assume means they're showing more stuff off around E3 time next month.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Capcom celebrates 10th anniversary with a new website: https://www.dragonsdogma.com/

DD 10th Anniversary Message

Dragon's Dogma, first released in 2012, is celebrating its 10th anniversary!
Thank you, Arisen, for taking up arms and braving through the impossible challenges laid ahead of you. We are forever grateful for your support throughout the years and hope you will join us in this momentous celebration of Dragon's Dogma!

Japanese version of the message suggests little bit more about the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom