Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
LETS GOOOOO

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
jdq66ofwsh471.jpg

A Dragon's Dogma 2 being something they have in the pipeline was leaked. And it wasn't leaked like, random Redditor says thing that most likely are untrue. Capcom got hacked, they were extorted, they didn't pay, and the next few years of what they have planned was leaked on the Internet. It was originally (pre-Covid) set to come out around the same time as Street Fighter 6 this year. They just revealed Street Fighter 6 not too long ago, they also revealed some other stuff from the leak list recently too. We've basically officially unofficially known Dragon's Dogma 2 is a thing for over a year now. You just have to wait for one of the big announcing even times for it to be revealed, which is June and December. I'm a little surprised there wasn't a tease at the Game Awards last year, but next month seems like a pretty safe bet from them to show something off.

Capcom has just recently talked about revisit out IPs. Well, guess what? That leak also had a number of old IPs on it too.

If they were just doing a remaster that likely would've come out a long time ago. It is kind of surprising they never did do a remaster given they could've brought the game up to date and made it look as good as Monster Hunter: World does.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's not much of a port unfortunately, they barely changed the UI and you're forced to go through a series of button mashing just to equip an item.

Great game apart from the horrid interface though.

Andnjord

Arcane
...Ehm...so I just noticed this game is on PC while I thought it was a PS exclusive. Did it get ported later to PC or did I have another Sekiro moment?

It got ported later, but it's been on PC for years. I've bought this stupid thing like 5 times now because it's shown up on everything.
I'd kind of forgotten about it after a while, and wasn't really into playing a-RPGs during the past few years. Glad to know I didn't dream that one at least.

Also, I randomly clicked a page to get a pulse of the Codex's feeling about it and lo and behold, therein was Porky, engaged in stimulating conversations that looked lifted straight from the Elden Ring thread. :D

Wunderbar

Arcane
It's not much of a port unfortunately, they barely changed the UI and you're forced to go through a series of button mashing just to equip an item.

Great game apart from the horrid interface though.
still better than majority of other ports. Good optimization, actual keyboard prompts instead of gamepad buttons, they even added numerical hotkeys for quick use of consumables.

...Ehm...so I just noticed this game is on PC while I thought it was a PS exclusive. Did it get ported later to PC or did I have another Sekiro moment?

It got ported later, but it's been on PC for years. I've bought this stupid thing like 5 times now because it's shown up on everything.

It was also never exclusive to the PlayStation, and probably played worse on the PS3 than the 360 since that's how most non Sony games ended up.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was horrible on the 360. Constant streaming stuttering. It actually made me put down the game, only for me to finish it on PC years later.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It was horrible on the 360. Constant streaming stuttering. It actually made me put down the game, only for me to finish it on PC years later.

I didn't have many issues with it on PS3 and obviously no issues on PS4 or PC. It actually plays reasonably well on the Switch too. Always handy if you need to fight dragons and chimeras on the toilet. :lol:

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming, the question is, does it have a chance of actually being good? I'm honestly too blackpilled about the whole industry and don't think they can make a game with so much soul as Dragon's Dogma.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming, the question is, does it have a chance of actually being good? I'm honestly too blackpilled about the whole industry and don't think they can make a game with so much soul as Dragon's Dogma.

I understand your sentiment, but people in Capcom, more concretely Dragon´s Dogma and Devil May Cry teams still have divine spark in them. I think it will be good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom