Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drakengard 3

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got a constant 60fps on emulator.

I've tried playing this in RPCS3, but it's unplayable. 3 FPS and completely unresponsive controls. It's not like that most of the time... but it is when it matters.

You cannot blame great geam that runs shity on weak hardware. I have mid-tier PC and run it with constant 60 and no slowdowns even in most demanding moments like boss battles, larges areas (Four's Fortress) and during kamikadze dudes explosions.

It's just some rehash of Drakengard and Nier, but lolfunny haha dumb.

If you haven't beat D3 up to the final boss battle than you shouldn't judge it.

I find this gaem INSANE, with best party form any RPG ever.

oasis789

Arcane
I've tried playing this in RPCS3, but it's unplayable. 3 FPS and completely unresponsive controls. It's not like that most of the time... but it is when it matters. I got to the end of chapter 2 and I just can't even attempt to play it anymore. I could try to force myself through it even further, but it feels like such a waste of time. The game just seems utterly boring, there's nothing compelling about it. It's just some rehash of Drakengard and Nier, but lolfunny haha dumb. And I played all the previous games, so that's saying something.

EDIT: Whatever, deleted. It's shit.

Having played D3 myself all the way up to the rhythm game, I cannot in honesty say that you made the wrong decision.

yellowcake

Arcane
I've tried playing this in RPCS3, but it's unplayable. 3 FPS and completely unresponsive controls. It's not like that most of the time... but it is when it matters. I got to the end of chapter 2 and I just can't even attempt to play it anymore. I could try to force myself through it even further, but it feels like such a waste of time. The game just seems utterly boring, there's nothing compelling about it. It's just some rehash of Drakengard and Nier, but lolfunny haha dumb. And I played all the previous games, so that's saying something.

EDIT: Whatever, deleted. It's shit.

What's your CPU? You need at least 4c/8t haswell to get acceptable performance rpcs3.

The game is great also though I admit I've become Taro devout follower only in 2018 starting with NA.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
You cannot blame great geam that runs shity on weak hardware. I have mid-tier PC and run it with constant 60 and no slowdowns even in most demanding moments like boss battles, larges areas (Four's Fortress) and during kamikadze dudes explosions.
You mean weak hardware like the PS3? Ha, ha. Well, Nier Replicant ran fine and this game doesn't look any better and apparently has slowdowns on actual PS3s (not nearly as bad as in my case, but still), so as far as I'm concerned, it's the game's own fault for being unoptimized. I didn't expect it to run well, but I did expect it to be interesting enough to put up with it. It's not.

At least in the parts I played, it's nothing but the most unsatisfying, shitty combat in a game ever. I know the previous games were like that too, but were they really? Even when it's playable, I'd actually rather play the others. It's just a weaker Nier, but with a less angry Kaine as its protagonist. It feels insubstantial, and there's no crazy soundtrack or atmosphere to make up for it. The characters are all right, but they're not doing anything I care about. It probably gets suuuuuper weeeird at the end, but who cares? I've seen that three times before already. I mean, I would still actually like to get through the game to the end, but there's no good way to do that.

What's your CPU? You need at least 4c/8t haswell to get acceptable performance rpcs3.
i7 930. OMG Y U TRY 2 PLEY EMULATER WITH DECADE OLD CPU?!?!? No, I'm not going to get a new computer just for RPSC3, as there are pretty much no non-emulated games that run poorly on this CPU. I considered buying an actual copy, but it's not worth the price (and I have to pay extra for the weeaboo voices, and it comes with none of the DLC). Zero dollars is already asking too much.

I started the game back in April and ended up just playing one level per month until now. The performance was discouraging, of course, but I couldn't really care either way.

yellowcake

Arcane
You mean weak hardware like the PS3? Ha, ha. Well, Nier Replicant ran fine and this game doesn't look any better and apparently has slowdowns on actual PS3s (not nearly as bad as in my case, but still), so as far as I'm concerned, it's the game's own fault for being unoptimized. I didn't expect it to run well, but I did expect it to be interesting enough to put up with it. It's not.

At least in the parts I played, it's nothing but the most unsatisfying, shitty combat in a game ever. I know the previous games were like that too, but were they really? Even when it's playable, I'd actually rather play the others. It's just a weaker Nier, but with a less angry Kaine as its protagonist. It feels insubstantial, and there's no crazy soundtrack or atmosphere to make up for it. The characters are all right, but they're not doing anything I care about. It probably gets suuuuuper weeeird at the end, but who cares? I've seen that three times before already. I mean, I would still actually like to get through the game to the end, but there's no good way to do that.

i7 930. OMG Y U TRY 2 PLEY EMULATER WITH DECADE OLD CPU?!?!? No, I'm not going to get a new computer just for RPSC3, as there are pretty much no non-emulated games that run poorly on this CPU. I considered buying an actual copy, but it's not worth the price (and I have to pay extra for the weeaboo voices, and it comes with none of the DLC). Zero dollars is already asking too much.

I started the game back in April and ended up just playing one level per month until now. The performance was discouraging, of course, but I couldn't really care either way.

haswell was 2016. Get real.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
Wasn't this the game where the main reason the party members are tagging along with the female protagonist is because they wanted to bang her? and if I recall correctly, they all got their wish to play with her pusspuss at the last moment before the heroine set out, alone, to fight the final boss?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wasn't this the game where the main reason the party members are tagging along with the female protagonist is because they wanted to bang her?

Nope, Zero kills her sisters and collects their companions and (offscreen) fucks them routinely (Intoners aren't great on fidelity by nature and when they lose interest in sex is because they go deep into other things, positive or negative). It's not considered a big deal and the real ending for 'em is her letting them go and return to their "natural" form because they have built something else with Zero bar sex.

Drak 3 may be a mediocre game gameplay wise, but it's endlessly amusing that in party terms it's about Zero collecting a harem and making (or failing) to build an attachment to 'em.

It's just a weaker Nier, but with a less angry Kaine as its protagonist. It feels insubstantial, and there's no crazy soundtrack or atmosphere to make up for it.

Liked a lot the boss themes, fairly different from the Nier setup with the crazy distortions built to feel wrong on purpose.

Drak3 is a meme game, but I always liked the opposition that it builds with Nier: Nier is excellent people doing the worst things out of ignorance, Drak3 is the worst people (Zero is an abomination in both moral and "physical" sense) trying to do what's best for everyone.

flyingjohn

Arcane
All this bitching because somebody couldn't lower one setting in a menu to get stable fps.
Emulation ain't for everybody i guess.

flyingjohn

Arcane
flyingjohn thinks potatos can magically be turned into supercomputers
If you are such a lazy fuck that you don't even have the brainpower and will to look at youtube drakengard 3 rpcs3 or the the emuthread above this one to find options to increase fps,that is not my problem.

You also don't understand that emulation isn't real hardware.You already have ps3 patches that strip graphic features to increase fps.Also most emu's have hacks to enable speedup.
If you even attempted to look into config options of rpcs3 there is various stuff that increases performance.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
flyingjohn thinks potatos can magically be turned into supercomputers
If you are such a lazy fuck that you don't even have the brainpower and will to look at youtube drakengard 3 rpcs3 or the the emuthread above this one to find options to increase fps,that is not my problem.

You also don't understand that emulation isn't real hardware.You already have ps3 patches that strip graphic features to increase fps.Also most emu's have hacks to enable speedup.
If you even attempted to look into config options of rpcs3 there is various stuff that increases performance.
If you are such a retard that you don't even have the brainpower to consider that my CPU is far below what's recommended and even with the fastest settings I had set, it wasn't going to get any faster, that is not my problem.

You also don't understand that deleting graphics is not a worthwhile trade-off and in the end has the same problem of making the game not worth playing because it's broken. Also ‘most emu's have hacks to enable speedup’ is something a lazy fuck would say, not even suggesting anything specifically (because you don't know and it doesn't exist). And youtube videos and whatnot are all of the game running on newer hardware, so not helpful at all.
I gave up the game because it just wasn't going to work and wasn't worth the effort to try to continue it. How is that hard to understand?

Check your CPU privilege, seriously.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/yoko-taro-and-yosuke-saito-working-on-two-new-titles

Two new titles are in development by NieR duo Yoko Taro of Bukkuro and Yosuke Saito of Square Enix, the pair confirmed during the “Games Industry Chit-Chat 2020 Year-End Party” live stream.

According to Saito, he received a proposal from Taro to make a certain game about a year ago, but rejected the idea as he strongly felt he would never want make such a game. But Taro was determined and tried to convince Saito with an hour-long presentation. While he was not easy to convince, Saito accepted Yoko Taro’s proposal as a result, and development of the game was decided. However, even now one year later, Saito admits he is less than enthusiastic about it, stating, “If I could quit, I would.”

In addition to the game Saito is reluctantly working on, a separate new title from Saito and Yoko Taro that the pair mutually agreed upon is also in preparation. This new title is planned for release before the other title.

Drakengard 4.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I unironically like Drakengard 1's soundtrack.

Who doesn't

It's something straight out of a schizo art movie, mangled classical music built to be as screeching as possible to give you the sense of inherent wrongness

Also because they had no time and no budget

(Also I'm not entirely sure how long Taro can throw out memegames, sooner or later he'll ran out of ideas,I fear)

v1rus

Arcane
(repost from nier replicant thread)

I finally started my playthrough of Drakengard, and so far, so good. That trash grindy combat even has sorta meditative lament about it, I dont know. Ill be going for all endings (so collecting all weapons) and then moving through the rest of series in order - Drakengard, Nier replicant verwhatever, Drakengard 3, Nier automata.

Im prolly gonna burn out bad, and skip Drakengard 2, but if I dont - is the game really absolutely skipable like everyone on this forum (and of it) says? I know, I know, Yoko Taro didnt work on it, but that doesnt mean its not part of the canon/couldnt become part of the canon.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I finally started my playthrough of Drakengard, and so far, so good. That trash grindy combat even has sorta meditative lament about it, I dont know. Ill be going for all endings (so collecting all weapons) and then moving through the rest of series in order - Drakengard, Nier replicant verwhatever, Drakengard 3, Nier automata.

Im prolly gonna burn out bad, and skip Drakengard 2, but if I dont - is the game really absolutely skipable like everyone on this forum (and of it) says? I know, I know, Yoko Taro didnt work on it, but that doesnt mean its not part of the canon/couldnt become part of the canon.
Enjoy getting the branch d ending. Hope you like rhythm games

v1rus

Arcane

yeah, i heard something about rhytm game and branch d... And i still cant possibly imagine hows that supposed to work out.

is it that bad?

There are many Drakengard timelines that are not the part of the cannon but doesn't matter - D2 is just sequel to D1 ending A.

It is hated because is too close to cliche jrpg story wise except for:

1. Weapon stories (just as sick as in D1/D3)
2. Caim
3. Nowe is so fucking dumb that he is like a parody of typical jrpg protagonist.

Oh, and to unlock new endings you need to complete entire geam from start to finish - in D1/D2 you just star different branches from certain chapters.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

yeah, i heard something about rhytm game and branch d... And i still cant possibly imagine hows that supposed to work out.

is it that bad?
Nothing wrong with the story of any branch. Just the final boss fight is a rhythm game. I don't want to spoil it for you so I don't want to say much. Overall the story was one wild ride

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom