Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

Where the bloody hell is Dr. Dungeon...

No answer to my emails, hasn't shown up here. Hell of a bender he had by the look of it...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where the bloody hell is Dr. Dungeon...

No answer to my emails, hasn't shown up here. Hell of a bender he had by the look of it...

To be honest I was kind of anticipating that this would happen. I'm glad we got what we did - it's more than anybody expected.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its summer, hes probably enjoying some babes and cocktails on a paradisiac island, can expect nothing less with all the cash you get from making old school rpgs.

PeeWee

Augur
As for Kenneth, I have e-mailed him. Thanks, Infinitron.

Dr. Dungeon’s real e-mail-address is:
LOTcyclops@aol.com
Have you tried this one, Blackadder?

I have been in touch with Dr. Dungeon and he’s working like crazy on "MadMan".

As for Kenneth, I have e-mailed him. Thanks, Infinitron.

Dr. Dungeon’s real e-mail-address is:
LOTcyclops@aol.com
Have you tried this one, Blackadder?

I have been in touch with Dr. Dungeon and he’s working like crazy on "MadMan".

No, I didn't have that one. If you have already contacted him, did you also let him know about what happened to his website? and the subsequent offer from the Ultima Codex to host his shrine and games?

Good to hear about Madman. Looking forward to it.

PeeWee

Augur
Blackadder, no, I did not tell him, but instead I have just e-mailed him again, asking him to take a look at the new posts on page 6 and 7 of this thread.

Is there anything else I can help with, anyone?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blackadder, no, I did not tell him, but instead I have just e-mailed him again, asking him to take a look at the new posts on page 6 and 7 of this thread.

Is there anything else I can help with, anyone?

Well...if you have an "official" version of the original Madman and haven't sent it to Kenneth, please feel free to do so. ;)

PeeWee

Augur
For those of you who have not read it, please read this:
http://ultimacodex.com/2012/07/the-ultima-codex-is-hosting-a-few-other-dr-dungeon-games/

Also, please check this page again:
http://inspired.ultimacodex.com/the-ultizurk-series/

On page 6 of this thread is a list of all games by Dr. Dungeon I have completed. Please ask me for help, if you do not know where to get a copy of a game, do not know how to get a game to run or if you need game-hints.

The 9 "ZURK"-games can still be downloaded. Feel free to ask me about them.

As you can see, "MadMan" is not in my list. I cannot help with that game.

As for "ULTIZURK IV: Lord of the Cyclops", there are screenshots for this game in that new version of "Wraith".

Infinitron, feel free to use this information to update the first post in this thread.

PeeWee

Augur
For those of you using "DOSBox" who do not know: you can go to a full screen, and back, with "Alt" and "Enter".

Sorry, I cannot send those "ZURK"-games to Kenneth, but read on.

The rest of this post is entirely about the 9 "ZURK"-games.

The 9 "ZURK"-games are 9 text-games by Dr. Dungeon. All 9 games were written before the "ULTIZURK"-series.

The full titles:

ZURK I: The Great Zurkian Empire
ZURK II: The World Below
ZURK III: The City of Glass
ZURK IV: Enter the Ninja
ZURK V: The Dungeon Master
ZURK VI: The Dragon Gate
ZURK VII: The Savannah
ZURK VIII: The Wizard’s Guild
ZURK IX: The Rendezvous

One will need the TRS80-emulator and maybe "DOSBox" to play these games.

"ZURK I" through "ZURK IV" can be downloaded from:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/zurk14b.zip

"ZURK V" can be downloaded from:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/zurk5.zip

"ZURK VI" can be downloaded from:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/zurk6c.zip

"ZURK VII" can be downloaded from:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/zurk7d.zip

"ZURK VIII" can be downloaded from:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/zurk8b.zip

"ZURK IX" can be downloaded from:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/zurk9.zip

The TRS80-emulator can be downloaded from:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/trs80-62.zip

The instructions on how to use the emulator can be found on:
http://www.nostalgia8.org/download/emulatoren/trs80/zurk14b.txt

The instructions mention what to do if it asks for date and / or time. Then what to do next depends on which of the 9 games you want to play.

"ZURK I":
It auto-fires and gives a menu to choose which ZURK you want to play. Type "1" and hit "Enter".

"ZURK II":
It auto-fires and gives a menu to choose which ZURK you want to play. Type "2" and hit "Enter".

"ZURK III":
It auto-fires and gives a menu to choose which ZURK you want to play. Type "3" and hit "Enter".

"ZURK IV":
It auto-fires and gives a menu to choose which ZURK you want to play. Type "4" and hit "Enter".

"ZURK V":
Type:
BASIC -F:2V
and hit "Enter". Then type:
LOAD "ZURK5"
RUN
and hit "Enter".

"ZURK VI":
Type:
BASIC -F:2V
LOAD "ZURK6C"
RUN
and hit "Enter".

"ZURK VII":
It auto-fires.

"ZURK VIII":
It auto-fires.

"ZURK IX":
Type:
BASIC -F:1V
LOAD "ZURK9"
RUN
and hit "Enter".

In all 9 "ZURK"-games, it may be a good idea to use "F6" to make the emulator go faster. There are 5 positions:
1MHZ
2MHZ
4MHZ
8MHZ
?MHZ

If the TRS80-emulator does not start, try running it in "DOSBox".

Feel free to ask me, if you have any questions about one or more of these 9 games by Dr. Dungeon.

PeeWee

Augur
Something like that, copyright issues. Dr. Dungeon would have to give permission to send those games to Kenneth. However, with the information I have given, people should be able to download and play all 9 games.

Could people in this thread give more information about games by Dr. Dungeon they are playing or have already played?

Stabwound

Arcane
So, what ever happened here? The new games looked extremely promising, and then one day he just up and vanished. Disappointing. Has anyone had any contact with him at all?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Eccentric old man is eccentric. Like I said, it's a small miracle that we got what we did.

RaisedEyebrow

Novice
Just registered to say that I've got an Ultizurk IV beta sitting on my HD. AFAIK, it's the full game - almost certainly it's bugged and unpolished, but I'm pretty sure it's feature complete.

I was (or, better, almost was) a betatester for Dr. Dungeon some months ago. He sent me a copy of the game, but I never managed to actually test anything since the damn thing always freezed at the main menu - I then tried to contact Doc to report the problem, but apparently he had already vanished without a trace (no reply to my emails and his site's gone). Some time ago I even tried to setup a VMWare virtual machine emulating OSX, but it looks like my hardware is too out of date to run it correctly, since it lagged like shit whenever I tried to do anything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Just registered to say that I've got an Ultizurk IV beta sitting on my HD. AFAIK, it's the full game - almost certainly it's bugged and unpolished, but I'm pretty sure it's feature complete.

I was (or, better, almost was) a betatester for Dr. Dungeon some months ago. He sent me a copy of the game, but I never managed to actually test anything since the damn thing always freezed at the main menu - I then tried to contact Doc to report the problem, but apparently he had already vanished without a trace (no reply to my emails and his site's gone). Some time ago I even tried to setup a VMWare virtual machine emulating OSX, but it looks like my hardware is too out of date to run it correctly, since it lagged like shit whenever I tried to do anything.

If you feel like sharing what you have, please send it to Kenneth Kully at kenneth dot kully at gmail dot com

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
infinibuddy you might want to encode that e-mail address slightly so it doesn't get signed up for a million mail lists.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
infinibuddy you might want to encode that e-mail address slightly so it doesn't get signed up for a million mail lists.

Okay, though that's generally not a problem with Gmail in my experience

Luzur

Good Sir
hopefully, otherwise i guess Ultizurk is another RPG lost in time, like tears in the rain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom