Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, May 6, 2012.

1. PeeWee Augur

PeeWee
    Something I would like to add.

When we are talking about Dr. Dungeon, "MadMan" and Steam and say "Valve", we mean Valve Corporation.

Somebody gave me this URL:
    http://www.valvesoftware.com/company/index.html

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Hey folks, it looks like DrDungeon and his Ultizurk game has now been covered by crpgaddict. He gives the RPG Codex some mention towards the end:

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2018/04/game-286-ultizurk-i-grandmasters-quest.html

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Huh: https://steamcommunity.com/games/684570/announcements/detail/1701680279683231837

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Gotta love the old guy

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. PeeWee Augur

PeeWee
    It looks like the price is $4.94 now, but it will not stay that way.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. PeeWee Augur

PeeWee
    The price is $14.99 again.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. PeeWee Augur

PeeWee
    Dear gentlemen and ladies,

For those of you who do not know, my friend, Dr. Dungeon, passed away on Tuesday March 30, 2021.

For those of you who do not know who Dr. Dungeon was, I suggest you start by reading this interview:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070807233653/http://home.planet.nl/~scho3186/doca.html
    https://web.archive.org/web/20070812143337/http://home.planet.nl/~scho3186/docb.html

Dr. Dungeon called his company "The Castle of The Mach Gryphon".

This is an appeal (not sure if "appeal" is the correct word). I am looking for Dr. Dungeon’s other fans. I would like to get in touch.

"ULTIZURK IV: "Lord of the Cyclops"" is not the only unfinished game and there was a lot more going on behind the scenes. I know of many secrets. I would like to talk to people who are real fans and have time available to discuss what was going on. Note that I am not looking for people who are only interested in playing RPGs, but for Dr. Dungeon’s fans.

Now I am not sure if anybody is interested. For example:
    1 In the game
    "Spook House II: "The Last Vampire""
    there is the character
    "the Ferryman of legend"
    and the information to get past him is not included in the game itself. So far, nobody has asked how to get past him.
    2 Nobody has asked how to register
    "Morbius’ Isthmus"
    3 Nobody seems to be talking about games like "Wraith", "ZURK V: "The Dungeon Master"" or another game in the ZURK-series (ZURK I through ZURK IX).

However, if anybody is interested, please contact me. I was thinking of creating some sort of fansite, but that would need somebody who knows how to build Internetsites. There is more going on. Somebody should spend a lot of time trying to understand why, for example, "ULTIZURK IV: "Lord of the Cyclops"" was not finished in all those years and the worst things of what was going on behind the scenes have never been told. I guess I need somebody who has a lot of time to hear from me what happened in all those years. Maybe I am asking for the impossible.

If you are interested, if you are serious and if you think you are what I am looking for, please contact me:

fansofdrdungeon AT hotmail DOT com

• Despair Despair x 15
    • Salute Salute x 9
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ah man.
    May the good dude rest in peace. :salute:

• Salute Salute x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Unorus Janco Lurker

Unorus Janco
    Rest in peace, my madman. :salute:

• Salute Salute x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just noticed this. Here's his obituary: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/mcall/name/robert-deutsch-obituary?pid=198268255

:salute:

• Despair Despair x 5
    • Salute Salute x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Wow, this bummed me out more than expected. Rest in peace, a true unsung hero :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    I didn't realize all the unfinished products. I clicked on the original site for purchase of Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! (The one on steam) but it looks to be defunct. Guess, I'll have to pull out the old steam laptop.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    This bummed me out, too. I loved the dedication he had for the hobby, since he published so much despite the games not being profitable for him. At least he had a last moment in the spotlight through our own small community.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    As long as sites like this exist and archivists archive all they can, be they hoarder or player, then live on it will.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.