Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dreadlands - shared world turn-based tactics set in Krater universe - now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://playdreadlands.com

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1054690/announcements/detail/1782771075731941056

Welcome to the Dreadlands
3 APR @ 6:06PM - [FATSHARK] HEDGE

2229479ffb4f6e66ae21cad86720f40b82523087.png

Welcome to the Dreadlands, it might just be the last thing you ever see...

Dreadlands is a new turn-based skirmish game set in a living post-apocalyptic shared world. Explore Dreadlands by travelling across its many regions with your misfit gang of miscreants and mercenaries. The game is set in a Shared World where players frequently encounter and interact with each other. Sometimes they cooperate, other times they pick fights in bloody PvP battles.

Blackfox Studios is lead by former senior Fatshark developer Peter Nilsson, and the game is set in the lush and vivid post-apocalyptic world of Krater.

Originally posted by Peter Nilsson, founder and Creative Director Blackfox Studios:
“With Dreadlands we want to take the online elements of an MMO or a shared world shooter and combine it with addictive turn-based gameplay”
Build your gang from any of the distinctly different factions inhabiting Dreadlands. Level up and unlock new spectacular tactics to use on the battlefield. Manage your base by purchasing upgrades. And find unique artifacts to combine into new powerful gear.

Originally posted by Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark:
“Peter's concept is unique, to have all players in a shared world running PvE challenges and PvP matches at their choosing. At Fatshark we are fans of turn-based games, and are super stoked to team up with Blackfox Studios on this title"
Dreadlands allows you to carve your own path, find hidden bunkers filled with artifacts from the old world, play an epic story-driven campaign together with your friends in co-op and face off against other players in intense PvP battles.

Learn more on playdreadlands.com

World premiere at EGX Rezzed

Dreadlands will be at the Fatshark booth at EGX Rezzed 4-6 April. Both Fatshark and Blackfox Studios will be there to showcase the pre-view of Dreadlands.

https://www.egx.net/rezzed

About Peter Nilsson, Creative Director Blackfox Studios
Peter Nilsson has been working in the game industry for over 12 years, and mainly at Fatshark as Senior Programmer. He has been a fan of turn-based games ever since he played the first X-Com and Jagged Alliance. He founded Blackfox Studios in 2017 with the mission to create a new breed of turn-based games, and Dreadlands is the result of passion combined with hard work.

Peter has taken the role as Creative Director for Dreadlands, but is also the lead programmer, as well as producer. In a small studio one wears many hats. Everything the players will experience originates from Peter’s passion for the genre.

Peter Nilsson wears many different hats in Blackfox Studios.

e47ab51bb9fa44f48892e720228a96131417113b.jpg

Blackfox Studios
Blackfox Studios is an indie studio founded in 2017 and located in Södermalm, the creative quarter of central Stockholm, Sweden. The studio is comprised of experienced and skilled developers, all sharing the passion and affection about turn-based games. Blackfox Studios mission is to bring the turn-based genre into the online world, making every action and battle you take part in meaningful and engaging.

Learn more on www.blackfoxstudios.se

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Considering the competition in that particular genre, I think they only have to be better than ... Wakfu.
Or Shadowrun Chronicles, but that's a dead one anyway.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No idea how Fatshark stays in business. I guess through Warhammer licensing. Krater was a forgettable title.

ADL

Prophet
I almost considered picking this up for a moment until Fatshark was mentioned as the developer.

Willand

Barely Literate
Hey everyone!

We just released our game Dreadlands into Early Access and we would love to hear what our fellow tactics & strategy game enthusiasts think about it!

Dreadlands is a turn-based tactics RPG inspired by games such as XCOM, Jagged Alliance 2, Necromunda and Fallout Tactics.

It's set in a post-apocalyptic world where everyone is fighting over the precious super-resource known as Glow and features 2 separate factions, each with their own campaigns.

We're very community driven so we wanted to try and bring all of the turn-based enthusiasts together in a shared online world (but you can still play offline) where we can all play together.

We currently have PvP in the game, but we're going to expand on it as well as add Co-op into Early Access soon, along with much more stuff!

Right now we're also giving away 5 Dreadlands Steam keys on Twitter. So just like and retweet this Twitter post to enter the raffle for a chance to win!

If you want more info you can check the links below, but either way it'd be awesome to hear your thoughts!
Discord: https://discord.gg/Jedb75

Here is our Early Access trailer:

And a short gameplay trailer

If you want to check out more of the game in action here is a good start

Steam:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom