Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dreamweb - Worth playing?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I could not find it and just copied savegames from CD version to floppy version directory.

hicksman

Liturgist
One of the few games I've played through more than once. Great sound & music. And it was violet for the time, but i dont think that really holds up relative to newer gorier games.

I would definitely give it a shot. At least play witha walkthrough

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
DriacKin said:
Was thinking about playing this game, but I've seen some mixed reviews for it. So, I turn to you guys.

Dreamweb or shit? Which is better and why? DISCUSS

Well the pleasure of taking a shit is undeniable, I mean, who would want to keep that thing inside of themselves?

Anyway, if you're not in a real hurry to do the abovementioned, give Dreamweb a chance. It is really good IMHO, and makes a unique in the genre, for some reason (don't ask why, it just feels like that... I just can't come up with any other game that I would compare it to).

piydek

Cipher
DriacKin said:
Was thinking about playing this game, but I've seen some mixed reviews for it. So, I turn to you guys.

Dreamweb or shit? Which is better and why? DISCUSS

I played it on my Amiga and it was great. I still remember it as one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played.

made said:
Delete the speech folder if you play the CD version. The lame voice acting destroys the atmosphere and can't be turned off ingame.

Yes, I've felt this way about most games that had the speech and non-speech versions. It's way better and way more atmospheric without voices. Even when they're well-done.

Wolfus

Arcane
Only adventure that can match atmosphere of Dreamweb is Bloodnet. But if Amiga version is available, take Amiga version.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Wolfus said:
Only adventure that can match atmosphere of Dreamweb is Bloodnet.

I wouldn't go that far. Is Dreamweb very atmospheric? Absolutely... But, so were other adventure games like Grim Fandango, Last Express, Blade Runner, etc...

Wolfus

Arcane
DriacKin said:
Wolfus said:
Only adventure that can match atmosphere of Dreamweb is Bloodnet.

I wouldn't go that far. Is Dreamweb very atmospheric? Absolutely... But, so were other adventure games like Grim Fandango, Last Express, Blade Runner, etc...

You're right, I should add "IMO" :) Our personal Top10s cannot be the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom