Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamweb - Worth playing?

Discussion in 'Adventure Gaming' started by DriacKin, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    I could not find it and just copied savegames from CD version to floppy version directory.

^ Top  
  2. hicksman Liturgist

hicksman
    One of the few games I've played through more than once. Great sound & music. And it was violet for the time, but i dont think that really holds up relative to newer gorier games.

I would definitely give it a shot. At least play witha walkthrough

^ Top  
  3. Jools Eater of Apples Patron

Jools
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Well the pleasure of taking a shit is undeniable, I mean, who would want to keep that thing inside of themselves?

Anyway, if you're not in a real hurry to do the abovementioned, give Dreamweb a chance. It is really good IMHO, and makes a unique in the genre, for some reason (don't ask why, it just feels like that... I just can't come up with any other game that I would compare it to).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. piydek Cipher

piydek
    I played it on my Amiga and it was great. I still remember it as one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played.

Yes, I've felt this way about most games that had the speech and non-speech versions. It's way better and way more atmospheric without voices. Even when they're well-done.

^ Top  
  5. Wolfus Arcane

Wolfus
    Only adventure that can match atmosphere of Dreamweb is Bloodnet. But if Amiga version is available, take Amiga version.

^ Top  
  6. made Arcane

made
    My favorite newfag/alt. <3
    Way to go, son!

^ Top  
  7. DriacKin Arbiter

DriacKin
    I wouldn't go that far. Is Dreamweb very atmospheric? Absolutely... But, so were other adventure games like Grim Fandango, Last Express, Blade Runner, etc...

^ Top  
  8. Wolfus Arcane

Wolfus
    You're right, I should add "IMO" :) Our personal Top10s cannot be the same.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.