Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dredge

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Hey 'yall.
I am currently playing Arcanum as a Techie Good Dwarf, and have run into a litte problem.
As can be expected, my persuasion is not *up to par*.
I have already talked to Loghair, and convinced him to let me into the Dredge (I think). However, the Dwarven guard will not let me through. Should I just get some sort of potion and persuade, or is there something else I can do?
Any kind of patch for this? And yes, I do have to most current patch.
I posted this on Terra, but they prove to not be very helpful.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Go back and talk to the King again. You probably didn't follow through with getting permission from the guard.

I did not.
However, when I tried again the option was unavailable.
I am now going threw it again, despite the fact that during the time I talked to the king and the time I figured out that had to start the Wheel Clan over again I
A) Gained two levels
B) Found 2 engine mufflers, which I have been looking for for almost 3 levels
C) Whent to Tarant, and was able to combine Marksman with Looking Glass to make the amazing Sniper rifle
D) Killed Dread Spider with Critical hit in real time.
Also, have been playing the game in real time recently- despite the fact that things move way to fast, it seems more satisfying and ranged weapons do something.

Okay, now I have reached an even more annoying snag.
I already talked to Thorvald, and am curious- can I talk to him about Dwarven Philosophy still? I can find some way to bump up my charisma, but does anyone know if this is worthwhile?
This is beginning to sound almost pathetic, but I am roleplaying a almost Godlike goodly Dwarf who is looking to solve all the Dwarven quests and restore the throne.
Anyone help?
Also, in advanced, what potion would help Persuasion and Char?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Hmm, not sure if you can talk again to the king about dwarfen philosophy. From my experience this was something that only happened to my very int. diplomat char and only when I tried to persuade him to get out of his self-chosen exile. Later on the conversation choices became a lot more limited.
Mind you, it's been awhile since I played the game.
Good luck with your char...sounds like a fun one. My fav char that I tried was a very dipl necromancer char that stayed on the good side of the law most of the time. I loved the few chances you had to speak with the dead and gain some insights from them.
Something I've hardly ever seen used in a crpg.

Trash

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom