Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dropsy: A Point & Click Hugventure

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I've just finished it.

Holy fuck, it's amazing. Some in-game tips for certain puzzles were misleading (eg. befriending the owner of the oddity shop - I tried to catch him on the road next to where the photo of his wife is placed), but certainly the best point and click I played since Primordia.

Ivan

Arcane
Just finished this too.

I loved the fact that this had a day/night cycle that affects the placement and goings on of the NPCs. Animation is great, music is fantastic, overall a feel good game.

Ohhhhhh I totally missed that. I suppose the Oddity Store's wife passed in a highway accident. There seems to be a lot of stuff to uncover that can be easily missed.

Ivan

Arcane
not yet, apparently he hasn't had a chance to wrangle the team to finish it. main dev is working on another project (which was also funded on KS)

lightbane

Arcane
:necro:

There's a sequel of Hypnospace Outlaw on the works. Also, remember Dropsy's DLC that never came? It finally did. The dev may be slow, but he's a hardworker. The fact that Dropsy started as a bizarre game experiment in Something Awful makes it even crazier.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/274350/view/3276955672633466181
Dropsy Goes to the Beach
92c5ab6caeb73cd6031f71fc5d27ec2f42e96bf4.png

Hi all!

Your favorite neighborhood Clown has just gone on a new adventure in a brand new quest line, The Beach, available now in Dropsy. As a bonus, Dropsy now has some new hug puzzles!

Much love!
Jay and David

I hope this DLC is in GOG's equivalent too, as I haven't found any confirmation that this is the case. Can someone check?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I hope this DLC is in GOG's equivalent too, as I haven't found any confirmation that this is the case. Can someone check?
It seems that the last modification is from 2016 so probably not, someone will have to remind him the game's available there.

lightbane

Arcane
No update for GOG so far, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. This is the last straw for GOG for me.

lightbane

Arcane
:necro:

Finally finished this, I played it from time to time, and I didn't try the new content until the very end. Worse, due a bug or something I didn't do right (and the game is quite vague at times), so I wasn't able to finish the last of the new puzzles... Not that you miss much, it's just a beach with a few weirdos and another screen and that's it. Nothing else is changed I think. The ending is still as abrupt and weak as before, and the game is very vague. The atmosphere is quite good and it feels like an Earthbound point-and-click game with touches of horror. There were times I expected more horror, but the game is more focused on showing human suffering in a subtle way.
So far it seems GOG hasn't updated the game with the Beach content, but again you don't miss much. The story behind the creation of this game is much more interesting, and is quite fucked up as you expected due being a Something Awful product.

Either way, next game to play is Hypnospace Outlaw, of the same devs (some day)! This one also has an incoming sequel to boot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom