Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drova: Forsaken Kin - 2D action RPG inspired by Gothic series

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.just2d.com

ss_4485547d7ef252410e7e030532257c4b7ec2086f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_f9e8c3097f5309fb5848104edb8f9f82f591047d.1920x1080.jpg

Demo on itch: https://just2d.itch.io/drova

FIND YOUR PLACE IN A DIVIDED SOCIETY

Screenshot_Nebel_Rahmen.png

Drova - Forsaken Kin is an Action Based RPG filled with handcrafted open world adventures inspired by the much renowned Gothic game series.

A society has discovered the power of a dead empire: to capture the spirits that govern nature and rule over them instead. However, the anger of the remaining spirits divided them. Where will you stand?

Journey through dangerous landscapes, fulfill tasks, fight, trade, take the side in a conflict of factions, gather equipment and become strong enough to survive.

You will fail to find both quest markers and minimaps in Drova. Find your own way instead - just like in classic role-playing games. Study your environment and use the surrounding clues to reveal its mysteries.

Screenshot_Erkundung_Rahmen.png

EXPLORE THE WORLD OF DROVA
  • Dynamic World
    Journey through a lovingly crafted world filled with danger and mysteries, and witness the lasting impact your actions will have on your environment.
  • A Divided Society
    Become a part of an isolated society grown from the ashes of a dead empire. Where will you stand when ambitious factions plunge the world into chaos?
  • The Spirits of Nature
    Explore nature and encounter the spirits that rule it. Seal them and learn to use their power for yourself. But be prepared for the consequences of their anger to change your world.

Screenshot_Kampf_Rahmen.png

UNTIL DEATH...?
  • Numerous Abilities
    Meet teachers and learn numerous abilities and talents from them. But remember: everything comes with a price.
  • To Be or Not to Be?
    You decide how to deal with defeated enemies. Whether you kill them or spare them, it’s your decision. Each will have their own consequences.
  • The Flow of Battle
    Use the flow of battle to unleash powerful abilities. But be careful: only your flow of combat stands between you and death.

Screenshot_Spinnen_Rahmen.png

FIND YOUR OWN WAY
  • Free Navigation
    Nobody is going to hold your hand. Paying attention to your environment and making good use of your knowledge will help you find the way.
  • From Zero to Hero
    Start your journey with nothing. Earn your weapons, discover abilities, and talents. Find the fighting style that fits you best, and become a master of it.
  • Influential Factions
    Join one of two factions, each with their own values and in pursuit of their own goals. Your choice will be with you for the rest of the game, and impact your entire story. Where will you stand?

Last edited by a moderator:

Harthwain

Magister
  • Dynamic World
    Journey through a lovingly crafted world filled with danger and mysteries, and witness the lasting impact your actions will have on your environment.
I doubt "dynamic" is the right word here. Sounds more like C&C to me. Same goes for "emergent conflict", considering there are two only factions and I find it unlikely the game won't be scripted.

I am somewhat intrigued what they mean by "exploring harsh magic" (could be more underwhelming than it sounds). I like when there is an interesting payoff for being able to use magic, because it is something not many games do. The combat and the visuals look nice. Other than that it appears to be a rather standard fare - I doubt it will be a second Stoneshard. Still, I'll keep an eye on it, just in case.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They aren't bullshitting in this one. Stray from some paths and you will find tougher enemies. Blocking and dodging is important. Blocks only mitigate damage, it doesn't outright cancel it. Block at the right moment, and you will stun your enemy. The dodging isn't roll, roll, roll. You have to time your back step. To use skills, you have to attack the enemy, without getting hit, and then you can activate your skill. You have potions to heal, or you can eat different types of food. There's a heal spell, but I didn't buy it. Get overwhelmed by enemies, and you might get screwed.

Item progression feels similar, and monsters are what you can expect. There are herbs to pick, meat gets better effect when cooked. You need to find teacher to gain stuff like animal skinning. I found an archer trainer, but I did melee.

After playing some more, I feel like it isn't only inspired by Gothic, it is trying to create something like it in this game formula, and it feels okay to me.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They aren't bullshitting in this one. Stray from some paths and you will find tougher enemies. Blocking and dodging is important. Blocks only mitigate damage, it doesn't outright cancel it. Block at the right moment, and you will stun your enemy. The dodging isn't roll, roll, roll. You have to time your back step. To use skills, you have to attack the enemy, without getting hit, and then you can activate your skill. You have potions to heal, or you can eat different types of food. There's a heal spell, but I didn't buy it. Get overwhelmed by enemies, and you might get screwed.

Item progression feels similar, and monsters are what you can expect. There are herbs to pick, meat gets better effect when cooked. You need to find teacher to gain stuff like animal skinning. I found an archer trainer, but I did melee.

After playing some more, I feel like it isn't only inspired by Gothic, it is trying to create something like it in this game formula, and it feels okay to me.

Sounds good. I hope they finish it.

Always the issue with these ambitious projects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom