Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"DRPG" Stranger of Sword City

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My special edition arrived about a week ago. :oops:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In the PC version I believe you can import your own pictures for each character. Everything else seems the same.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
There are some other differences, apparently.

The main differences between the Xbox One and Vita version of Stranger of Sword City are the following points.
  • A portion of Monsters and Lineage Species are different in each version.
  • Different End Labyrinth for each version.
  • Due to popular demand by our fans, the Xbox One version will have NPC portraits available as Player Character portraits.

PC version is same with the Xbox version.

Zeriel

Arcane
Dorarnae

You played the jap version a little, right? Can you tell us how large the game is compared to other dungeon crawlers? I'm hoping it's not another Code Hazard in size.

duanth123

Arcane

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Dorarnae

You played the jap version a little, right? Can you tell us how large the game is compared to other dungeon crawlers? I'm hoping it's not another Code Hazard in size.

it's not really big, for example I am almost 7 hours in and near half of the game done.
but this is my 4th time playing the game.

first time should take about 40-60.

then you have post game and new game+...

Zeriel

Arcane
Looked up some western reviews, and wow, the casuals really don't like the perma-death mechanic, even though it can be savescummed around or paid through. Apparently having to spend some money to gain a life point is WAY TOO EXTREME AND HARDCORE.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
well it is quite expensive, you'll usually wait for them to regain their lost life point. while perma death is there, it's pretty much just something you fear if you run with 1lp character...and yeah you always reload...

Martius

Liturgist

Looks like there will be closed beta with steam key as reward for testers.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Stranger_zpslseo0hk5.png

Zeriel

Arcane
How do the leaderboards work on consoles, for those who've played it there?

(I guess it's a given that they'll be broken on PC just like every Steam game that trusts the client, there will be a few people who hexedit to take all the top spots.)

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Brofist for the beta testing link. This is the possibly the game I've been looking forward most so far this year, hungry for some crawling that is a) in English and b) isn't running on PPSSPP or DraStic.

I wonder if putting down "I follow prestigious RPGCodex online forum" would work for, or against the application?

:whatho:

Courtier

Prophet
YOOOOO monsters 10 levels higher oneshotting your little girls in the first dungeon :incline:

Some factoids:

-You get gear by ambushing monsters guarding chests in specific areas in the labyrinth. The more you hunt for stuff the higher the monster strength/morale cost per area, and it resets every time you go back to town. You can check the item/enemy type and pass on the encounter at risk of getting ambushed in the next one
-In combat you can speed up animations, there's a repeat command button, and also instant autobattle (skips all animations)
-They improved the automove and made it extremely quick, so if you have to backtrack you can just click a spot on the map and zoom towards it while battles fly by
-Reviving somebody/recovering LP lost after death actually means putting them in the hospital for days or even weeks, encouraging character rotation (or just reloading...)
-Permadeath at 0 LP, MC can't permadie
-You can throw unique items back into the pool and reroll their stats if you find them again by feeding them to a mimic
-You can only save at home (no suspend save either)
-Ranking/leaderboard is accessed through the info menu and on the Vita uses PSN, there's scores for fastest cleartime/no deaths/best stats and similar

Zeriel

Arcane
YOOOOO monsters 10 levels higher oneshotting your little girls in the first dungeon :incline:

Some factoids:

-You get gear by ambushing monsters guarding chests in specific areas in the labyrinth. The more you hunt for stuff the higher the monster strength/morale cost per area, and it resets every time you go back to town. You can check the item/enemy type and pass on the encounter at risk of getting ambushed in the next one
-In combat you can speed up animations, there's a repeat command button, and also instant autobattle (skips all animations)
-They improved the automove and made it extremely quick, so if you have to backtrack you can just click a spot on the map and zoom towards it while battles fly by
-Reviving somebody/recovering LP lost after death actually means putting them in the hospital for days or even weeks, encouraging character rotation (or just reloading...)
-Permadeath at 0 LP, MC can't permadie
-You can throw unique items back into the pool and reroll their stats if you find them again by feeding them to a mimic
-Ranking/leaderboard is accessed through the info menu and on the Vita uses PSN, there's scores for fastest cleartime/no deaths/best stats and similar

The "spamming enter key" thing in Elminage Gothic kind of bothered me, is the repeat command button on an individual basis or party-wide?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Crapola, this one is kind of a massive deal. So you're saying if you're mid-dungeon and need to log, there is no way to save your progress short of getting home? Jesus, I thought that had died out with the Spectrum! My circumstances don't lend themselves well to long, uninterrupted playtime most of the time, so the lack of a suspend save might be a real pita. I can see the requirement to carry the equivalent of Return tickets or Portal spell just became 100% mandatory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom