Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DU, Please Review and Add the Following Forum Mods

OK, so the Rich Text Editor with its WYSIWYG functionality is very cool and web 2.0. However, it's also rather slow to render the pop ups for inserting images and links and such. I don't know if this is a forum issue or a server load issue, but I do know it's annoying. Now, the plain editor is OK, but of course you have to type all the BBCode in yourself, which is actually a step backwards from whence we came. Therefore, I have scoured the interwebs looking for a solution, and believe I have found it: a Xen Foro add on that adds a BBCode toolbar to the basic editor. It also has the following feature:
The same customisable system from TaigaChat is used, allowing you to add custom BBCode buttons as you see fit.
This would allow you to add a buttons for doing spoiler tags, which would be fantastic.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/minorin-standard-non-wysiwyg-editor-toolbar.117/

Also, I suspect some people would be grateful for this:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ts-prevent-members-from-losing-content.26205/

EG

Nullified
Preferences -> [X] Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages

And the necessary popup is suddenly gone.

Would be nice to have a lovely spoiler tag button, though.

bong

Educated
i think i should be a mod here

i'd clean up this town

EG

Nullified
I'm aware of that option but as I mentioned, it doesn't have any BBCode insertion through Javascript like we had with the old forum software.

But it does -- they're invisible! ;)

That is to say I misunderstood your meaning of "BBCode insertion."

Such is life.

bong

Educated
um DU i havent got a pm yet can you please activate

bong

Educated
YES

time to take out the trash

alex steel you're first mate - GONE

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
:thumbsup: Good decision. He wasn't even an amusing troll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom