Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dunamis - A Divinity: Original Sin Mod

SniperHF

Arcane
I have officially released my mod, Dunamis, for D:OS:

You can grab it here on the workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538789253

Or here at NexusMods:
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/58/?

Summary:
Dunamis is a standalone adventure mod for Divinity: Original Sin where the player finds himself in a land known as The Valley.
With no knowledge of who you are, you will attempt to seek refuge at a nearby house only to find death and carnage.
After escaping, you soon begin to uncover the secret plan behind all the troubles in The Valley.

In order to help make sense of everything the help of a nearby town must be enlisted. Unfortunately they too are ravaged by the same mysterious creatures you encountered earlier.

On top of all this the town is currently dealing with a political battle that will shape its future. Unite the people of The Valley, fight back against the murderous creatures, and discover the hidden truth surrounding Dunamis.

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/4uxR4

DufFp58.jpg

s7AzIQX.jpg

DQy6bN0.jpg

X75jQJV.jpg

2s5EeJR.jpg

RobveaE.jpg

Dunamis Features:

12 Quests with 21 total solutions and 28 total results.

Varied endings based on player directed outcomes.

Dense map design.

19 specifically crafted combats featuring custom stats and scripting; all designed for challenge and not filler.

Dialog based skill checks used for alternate solutions.

Final dungeon with puzzles and choices that impact the ending.
A Day/Night Cycle and accompanying NPC behaviors.

The first D:OS campaign I'm aware of to feature most Original Sin systems.

A game economy where you aren't drowning in loot.

A 1 player campaign with up to 2 Companions (4 available).

Have fun, and if you have any issues contact me on the Forum or message me on Steam.
There are some debug options I have built in that you can use to fix things if something goes wrong.

Known issues:
1. Don't use lone wolf or pet pal.
2. Killing everybody is not supported (yet!).
3. Enable full rotation, and disable dual dialogs in the options menu.
4. Use the Rift Travel menu for fast travel, there are no waypoint shrines.
5. Check the Rug.
6. Save before selling or buying anything and double check what you receive!
7. With Divinity mods, it's usually a good idea to create a new profile for the mod and keep it separate from the main game.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd love to check this out but I uninstalled D:OS already in anticipation of the Enhanced Edition.

I wonder if this can be made compatible with EE.

SniperHF

Arcane
New version 1.0.0.2 uploaded

Changes:
New Content:
Added Troll invasion Scenario to Squatters Camp.
Added full shovel support, now you can dig for treasure.

Fixes:
Added auto save points.
Corrected book seller placement.
Added New Waypoint Notifications.
Balanced some Skill Checks.
Fixed dig mound being clickable without passing perception check.
Re-enabled some dialogs.
Removed some Testing bloat.
Balance changes to the first encounter and final boss fight.

Aenra

Am tempted to re-install the vanilla version, but will not. Assuming they do give us an editor, i'd much rather have waited for your ported version :)
If they don't..well, good to know you're still updating it for the old one, lol

/salute

Zeriel

Arcane
I think so, with some work. If Larian releases the EE editor in a timely fashion I hope to have it back up and running in a month or two.

Their history of not caring about the modkit (not that I disagree with them there, I would have the same approach if I was them) is why I have been holding off on doing much with the editor. There's no telling if they'll even release a new version of the editor for EE. While you're here though, how compatible are maps between different versions? Can you load a map made with the launch patch in the current version of the editor? Do you think maps will be loadable in the EE editor (if it exists)?

Zeriel

Arcane
Off topic, but why would you? ..:S

If you are in the business of making quality RPGs, every man hour you put into more user-friendly tools and documentation is an hour you didn't put into content creation and the actual game. It's no accident that NWN was conceived as a toolset project first and a game second.

Aenra

Bollocks.

Every hour you spend into making a good, accessible editor can amount up to a year or years of continued game relevance (chronically speaking), of extra studio visibility, of further community expansion, which in itself is a major investment.
Yes, it's paid man hours. So what? Compare the benefits of just a touch more polish with the benefits of having an editor such as Morrowind's shipping along with your game. It's a great investment.

edit: am mentioning Morrowind on purpose. What it was thirteen years back, and what it is now. Still. What fanbase they had before it, and what fanbase they built due to it. Your example is also a good one, am surprised you'd use it for justifying the opposite.

(if your game is shit and you simply patch an editor in just because..different matter. But not the case here)

Last edited by a moderator:

SniperHF

Arcane
Their history of not caring about the modkit is why I have been holding off on doing much with the editor.

I just like D:OS and wanted to do it. Never done much modding other than a few Ravenshield maps before this so it's good practice.

There's no telling if they'll even release a new version of the editor for EE. While you're here though, how compatible are maps between different versions? Can you load a map made with the launch patch in the current version of the editor? Do you think maps will be loadable in the EE editor (if it exists)?

Do you mean the regular Launch patch or the EE launch patch? Yes you can load a mod from the 2014 launch in the current editor. Undersiege is one of the only other D:OS mods worth playing and it was made a few months after launch. It's not very deep but that guy accomplished a lot considering the limited knowledge back then.

Everything EE is broken. They changed the file formats and switched to DX11.

Even if they don't deliver an EE Editor I'll be WAY ahead of the game for D:OS 2. The scripting isn't going to change much and that's most of the labor, hell there's Divine Divinity scripts in D:OS.

If I can't make an EE version of this, I'll make a D:OS 2 version of it. In some ways that would be easier since D:OS 2 is a single PC game and so is this mod. For D:OS I had to cut out a bunch of the 2 player features.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the dual dialogue system either. Their new dialogue system looks a lot better, proper tree structure and some neat tools to boot. Looking forward to that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I played the Classic version of this mod. A lot of work went into it, but I didn't really like it. Lot of typos, quite a bit of of placeholder dialogue that was never replaced, the amateur modder mistake of having maps that are too big, story's kind of dull. The easy battles take too long to complete, but I suppose that's a problem inherent with D:OS's system. I did have fun with some of the combat encounters. I never could find the farmers I was supposed to take the bone to, that might have been bugged. I would have completed it, except I got to the big building in the desert and I can't get in. Both doors are locked and invincible and I see no possible way to get inside. The one on the side gave me experience when I tired to open it, but then nothing. Even tried reloading and killing the robots again to see if they'd drop a key, but nope. Oh well.

Edit: I remembered that I could put points into lockpicking and that got me through it. Meh. Predictable twist, but at least it was acknowledged as such.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom