Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Alchemist - fast 3D mapmaking software

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Just came out on Steam early access:

Ever felt uninspired, technically challenged or just bored when creating your game maps? Dungeon Alchemist is AI-powered Fantasy Game Mapmaking Software that enables you to make high-quality content fast! Simply pick a theme, start drawing, and Dungeon Alchemist creates high-quality maps you can print, share, or use in your favourite Virtual Tabletop Application. It uses an AI algorithm to place walls, floors, objects and lighting, so you can focus on being creative.

DrawEntireDungeon-Faster.gif

PICK A THEME
Dungeon Alchemist comes jam-packed full of exciting and inspiring objects and settings. Start your mapmaking adventure by picking one of our themes.

DungeonAlchemist-Themegraphic-0503.png

MAKE THE MAP OF YOUR DREAMS
With just a few clicks, Dungeon Alchemist will conjure a beautiful landscape that will inspire you and your players. You choose the theme of each room, and Dungeon Alchemist will do the rest. Don't like what you get? Just press the randomize button and Dungeon Alchemist's AI algorithm will generate ever new rooms for you.

smithy.gif

TWEAK UNTIL IT'S JUST RIGHT
Once the AI algorithm has done its job, you can tweak the map to your heart's content. Add, scale, remove and rotate objects, move doors, change floor tiles and so much more!

manipulate-objects.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
These keep popping up but they always end up being more underwhelming than promised. Anyone know if this one is actually good?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Why not buy Talespire instead? It's also in EA and it's much cheaper.

I tried Talespire last year when it just came out of EA. It's alright but didn't have the speed I was looking for. I refunded but still have it wishlisted. Maybe some day I'll pick it up again.

These keep popping up but they always end up being more underwhelming than promised. Anyone know if this one is actually good?

I'll let you know when it goes on sale :lol:

But I do want an AI-powered instant map maker. Running around 7 campaigns every month, I just don't have time to design maps anymore.

udm

Arcane
Patron
why are there a million tools for dumb vanilla cookie cutter fantasy and nothing for sci-fi rpgs?

I'm eagerly waiting for this one too.

Grunker also while there are many mapmakers out there, the majority are painful to use, web-based, basic in aesthetics, or have some subscription model. Most of the actually good, affordable ones still require significant time to design an aesthetically pleasing map. That's why instant map-makers get my attention.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm getting tired of the entire AI marketing term. There is no such thing as an AI. There is, though, programming that tells the software how to do things in a hierarchal order. There is no intelligence there. Randomization is just rolling on tables to generate unique results the first 10 times you do it. Using the marketing term like they do I can claim that every RPG book with tables and random generation has an AI. See how ridicules it is as a term?

As to the software itself, I've seen better tools on Tabletop Simulator's Workshop for free then this software. I'm using Star Wars Asset Pack that has hundreds of terrain maps, rooms, terrain pieces, miniatures, etc... if I so choose to build it. My game runs too fast for most players to stay in one location, so I use the theater of the mind. Plus, my players all role play 75-90% of every session which makes things great and there's no need to building stuff for the table.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
>early access
>kickstarter
this thread. paying ahead of time to get a thing that's merely supposed to help you yourself make the actual game. I don't even

RPGMaker may be overpriced, barebones shovelware, but at least you get what you paid for on day one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom