Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Dungeon and Gravestone dives to Steam

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Saint_Proverbius, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Tags: Dungeon and Gravestone; Wonderland Kazakiri inc

Dungeon and Gravestone has been released on Steam if you're looking for a rogue-ish game that's a bit more fast paced. Big monsters, check. Deadly traps, check. Towns, check. Randomization with each playthrough, check. No release sale on this one, though. Here's some stuff:

Awakened from deep slumber you found yourself in a city destined to be devoured by Demon King of Death. There was only one road leading outside of it, straight into the dungeon entrance. The gates were open. A terrifying place where blood is steadily sucked out of you and eventually you cannot escape death's embrace. Is it possible that dungeon changes shape with each dive? Can you challenge the maze with various traps and return safely? Can the world be saved? Dive into dungeons, get items, strengthen your equipment and aim for lower layers. Collect food, complete quests and even fish for your life! Engage in fierce boss battles! Life in the dungeon sure is risky but it's super fun too! A mysterious world where not only dungeons but even towns change their appearance. You are the one to solve the mystery of the dungeon!​

For some reason, this game gives me vibes of the multiplayer maps from Nox by the now defunct Westwood Studios(Thanks for that, EA). If you've never played that game, it was pretty nifty with lots of humor. The multiplayer was a damned good time.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The news front page now looks like a dumpster where every shit has its nanosecond under the sun.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Looks pretty neat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Hag Learned

Hag
    Still better than the bland copy-pastes for uninteresting updates.
    It actually gives the impression CRPG world is thriving with new stuff, which is a good thing.

I mean, now I am reading the front page sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yep, it's bringing some obscure games to dexer attention.

I think that's worth a little junk diving.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Keep in mind, when RPG Codex started back in the early, early 2000s, the conventional wisdom was:

1.) 2D is dead. From now on, everything will be 3D.
    2.) Turn based is dead. And boring. And slow. And everyone hates it.
    3.) CRPGs are dead, MMOs are the future. Except on consoles. Enjoy your Final Fantasy sequels if you want single player.

So, if I cover obscure things and that bothers you, shut the fuck up. Things are better now than they were when I started this place. That's not directed at you, Hag, but it's just a rehash for the newfags.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    We've replaced corporate AAA garbage with indie C garbage. Truly an improvement.

• nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    frontpage looks fine to me
    a few AA games, a few obscure titles, some completely free roguelikes. Most of the games are interesting to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    Yea but it's you.

^ Top  
  10. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    not my fault I still like video games unlike most of this site

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Yeah , its not a bad idea to cover a few obscure titles , the roguelike and such, there's one or two probably worth playing. At least i click on those news and have a look, not when it's another dev diary of some kickstarter or early access game that drags on and on and take ages to release...

^ Top  
  12. Fluent Learned The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Sorry to stray off-topic here, but I love the work you're doing Saint_Proverbius ! It's great to cover all sorts of RPGs, and you've led me to quite a few games I didn't know about, and some of them were obscure, etc.. Really great coverage, I guess especially so for those of us who like all types of RPGs. Take care, pal. :) <3

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.