Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Crawlers Jam 2022

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Dungeon Crawlers Jam 2022 is being organized by dungeoncrawlers.org. Just like the last year.

Dungeon Crawler Jam 2022 is a game development challenge to make a first person grid based dungeon crawler game in just 7 days from April 8 to April 15.

Details:
https://dungeoncrawlers.org/post/dungeon-crawler-jam-2022/
https://itch.io/jam/dcjam2022

EDIT (results):
https://dungeoncrawlers.org/post/dungeon-crawler-jam-2022-results/

Last edited:

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Noice, cheers for the heads up Chris!

8eqsok.gif

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks. I was hoping to have another stab at the Dungeon Crawler Jam this year.

Last year, I spent too much time searching for suitable software so didn't have enough time left to learn how to use it.

Is anyone else here going to (re)try it?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
This will always be cool.

scrolling through I saw a BT builders entry
Goblins: Rise of Gurg
zssEP9.png

I'm going to first look at the entries that had no pictures or vids.
JGXalOJ.png

I'm following and looking at some of these devs other projects and jams. I'll have to go back to the last jam and look as well. Some of these have had nonjam developement it seems so perhaps unfinished ones will get more work.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Other games I thought were excellent include Deep Dark, which is like Helen's Mysterious Castle except with resource management which makes the game even better, if you're here for the fights you must play this game, it features the best combat part among the entries.

RPG Maker entries get snubbed a bit and the empty screenshots on the page don't help but Wizard Force is a somewhat a full game (3 hours?) which includes more dungeon mechanics than most, including inverting gravity. You control the hero + recruited monsters but I can't remember for sure if forever only 1 or more as you advance through the game. There's a big non-linear part at a point which is fun to solve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom