Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - Ranged Bug

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is a bug that is really, really, starting to irritate the crap out of me. I've dumped close to two hundred hours on Dungeon Rats, and plan on putting more hours into the game. As I enjoy it immensely. My favorite game. Nevertheless, this bug is getting on my nerves. Basically, if you're using a ranged weapon and fire at an enemy. Sometimes the shot doesn't register. Especially annoying if an enemy gets knocked down granting a 90% THC - which is a guaranteed hit. In ordinary circumstance that's perfect opportunity for precise arterial strike, but there's a chance the shot can disappear into the ether for no reason. Doesn't impact me in the late game. As I can mass produce hundreds of ammunitions, so "magically" losing a Karda every once in a while isn't a big deal. Of course, that's circumstantial, however, still upsets me when the issue occurs! It *does* affect me in early game to a substantial degree, as conserving one's resources at this stage is important. Moreover so when I have to constantly put into consideration that I can randomly have throwing weapon or crossbow bolt get teleported into nonexistence. There's also the problem that AP can be wasted because of this as well.

Drives me up to a freaking wall when I see the game decide to screw me over in such a manner with little to no recourse on my end; besides accepting this divine interference in which god has deemed it necessary to force his questionable will upon my game. Gah! A random event in which I have no influence over.

I've spoken to a friend on Steam about it. They explained it's been around for a while. I also further understand development has moved on from Dungeon Rats to Colony Ship. Still going to complain about it!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I've been playing this game for so many hours that I'm starting to question my sanity if this thing even exists. Well. To prove that I'm not going crazy. Here's a video showcasing this, quite frankly, silly bug:

Nearing the end. Marcus knocks down an enemy. To which I then follow up by taking the opportunity to throw a rock at it. My first throw just doesn't register. This bug doesn't affect melee attacks. Only ranged ones. No concrete steps for reproducing it, but I've consistently seen it happen often on enemies that are knock downed. That could be self confirmation bias though.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
If it were a miss. It'd show up in the combat log. Anyways. I'm not angry about it anymore after writing that rant in original post. Just accepted that's how the game works.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The fact that there's no feedback; i.e nothing logged in combat log, no text pops up, no animation from ants; when the ranged hit teleports from realty. Leads me to believe it's just not registering. I dunno.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Send us a save before that fight and we'll take a look later. Right now we're too busy with the upcoming update.

Black Angel

Arcane
Yeah I remember this quite clearly; once in a blue moon it happened in AoD, but regular enough to occur in DR for me to remember. Hasn't annoy the shit out me, though, at least not yet.

Self-Ejected

NIGERundayoHater

Self-Ejected
Experienced something similar, although in my case it only happens when the opponent is "knocked out" on his back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom