Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Siege III DLC released

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by IronicNeurotic, Oct 25, 2011.

1. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    ^ Top  
  2. Stinger Arcane

Stinger
    Huh, well that came out of nowhere...no advertising at all.

Anyone getting this? I have to study for exams right now so I probably won't bother till mid november, but for people who do play this, is it any good?

^ Top  
  3. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I enjoyed DS3, but I'm that was enough for me. I'm not going to buy this DLC. Maybe for 1-2 dollars during a steam sale.

^ Top  
  4. Cynic Arcane

Cynic
    I will purchase. Playing Dark Souls right now though so not sure when I will get to it but will definitely play. I shall share my thoughts with the KKKodex as usual.

^ Top  
  5. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    Are people surprisingly positive about this because this is an Obsidian expansion and they hope that it will be an experimental project like the NWN2 expansion?

^ Top  
  6. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    No, they just enjoyed the main game already.

Though, the dlc does seem to fix some problems with the main game.

^ Top  
  7. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Is this like the DXHR DLC or do you have to play through the game to be able to reach the DLC content?

^ Top  
  8. Cynic Arcane

Cynic
    I briefly read someone over at Obsidian forums mentioning that you need the end game autosave to play through this DLC.

^ Top  
  9. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    You can access it from everywhere in the game except the final and the first area. The endgame save you are talking about is actually made a bit before you go into the mournweald.

Its a causeway location.

^ Top  
  10. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    From the Obsidian forums

^ Top  
  11. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    Disgrace

:mob:

^ Top  
  12. Stinger Arcane

Stinger
    Total play time is around 6.5 hours apparently. That's actually pretty long for dlc, hell aside from OWB I don't think even the FNV dlcs are that long.

^ Top  
  13. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Not bad. The base game is barely 10-12 hours long for one playthrough and that includes all the time wasting back and forth at Stonebridge.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Probably cut from the original game, mandated from on high!

^ Top  
  15. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    Nope. DLC was planned before release though. The DLC team was a seprate team from the DSIII team and had a different Project Lead.

^ Top  
  16. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Planned before release = cut from the game.

^ Top  
  17. made Arcane

made
    What difference does that make?

I shouldn't give a damn because I don't buy games on principle but it saddens me that people have come to accept and celebrate DLC and even try to justify it with publisher logic.

^ Top  
  18. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    It isn't cut material at all and otherwise would have never been done?. With "planned before release" I mean that it was maybe a month before release concepted and then worked on till after release.(Meaning the DLC wasn't finished at all on release)

The content wouldn't even exist otherwise. And it isn't even a technique used only here. Many full sized expansion packs began pre-production/work before release to keep a team together. Are they somehow cut content too?

I'm not using publisher's logic. I'm just not using derp logic you people are using. :retarded:

^ Top  
  19. made Arcane

made
    They spent resources developing content to sell separately that they otherwise could have spent enhancing the original (10 hour long) game. That's exactly publisher logic. It makes sense from a business standpoint, but not the consumers'.

^ Top  
  20. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    No. Well, yes they spent a few resources (DLC team was probably small as hell).
    Which were more than expendable at the time because the game was already in QA. Theres not really any content to add in at that point anwyway. Otherwise said guys would have A: been let go B: Moved on to other projects.

I think Nathaniel wasn't even on TOTS focusing on the main game.

Also the original game was more like 12-15 hours. I needed 17. Ingame Timer is fucked up.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.