Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Siege III Lucas Montbarren Trailer

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
IronicNeurotic said:
Volourn said:
Is.. is.. is.. Ciodex turning on Obsidian?

No. Just typical negativity before any game releases.

And for the the usual Obsidian fanboys its a matter how combat/controls will work in the end since that has always been a weak point regarding Obsidian games.
I think balance and encounter design were the weak points with Obsidian's combat, not controls as much. In Kotor2 and NWN2 I think the bad combat feel was more due to being stuck with shitty proprietary RTWP combat. AP felt pretty good but skill balance was very bad and encounter design was meh (and even worse with the bugs). NV actually felt better than what little I've played of F3, and skill balance was a lot better than in AP (possibly partly due to being a sandbox game diluting the need for true 100% balance) but still no mechanically-memorable encounters.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mangoose said:
In Kotor2 and NWN2 I think the bad combat feel was more due to being stuck with shitty proprietary RTWP combat.

There was nothing wrong with the combat in either one. Kotor2 had a shit story and characters while nwn had mediocre (overall) characters and story and a really shitty camera + shitty quests and level design. The problem with DS3 is that it looks generic as fuck in terms of gameplay. DS was fairly unique in that it was a party based hack and slash. The shit obsidian's doing has been done to death, and something tells me bugsidian hasn't perfected the formula or anything.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
fyezall said:
I liked one thing, the weapon he's not using is shown on his back, wish more game had that, the only other I can think of is the Witcher.
I dunno, this stuff in games usually ends up annoying the hell out of me. It looks very silly in games like Dragon Age or Risen, where the weapons and shields kind of float close to the pc's back and often have a lot of annoying clipping issues like the blade poking into his back or armor. The only games I recall doing it properly are the ME games where the guns sort of "fold up" and attach to slots in your armor, and the Zelda games where he uses actual scabbards and shield straps. I think I remember Red Dead Redemption also used proper gun sheaths as well. But most of the time, devs are just lazy and make the weapons float around the characters' backs.

Mystary!

Arcane
I don't mind the floating weapons, I still prefer it to weapons that just magically appear in your hand when you enter combat.
What I liked here was that both the equipped weapon and the secondary set were both visible, similiar to mass effect.
I guess I just like seeing my loot. If you got it, flaunt it.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fyezall said:
I don't mind the floating weapons, I still prefer it to weapons that just magically appear in your hand when you enter combat.
What I liked here was that both the equipped weapon and the secondary set were both visible, similiar to mass effect.
I guess I just like seeing my loot. If you got it, flaunt it.

Pulling a giant hammer out of your pocket in Morrowind was one of the finest moments in gaming. :thumbsup:

SkepticsClaw said:
I hereby petition that this game's name be changed from 'Dungeon Siege III' to 'Dancing with Rainbows'.

xBpHp.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom