Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dungeons and Dragons (and Crispies) adventure

Would you be interested in participating?

• Yes (post a comment below with name)

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No (I am a prude)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Cuck Comrade

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Sit your weary behinds around the warm fireplace, and listen to a story of a time long ago, and a place far away (well, actually couple of years back):

Apparently, some time back, a group of monocled Codexers got together to adventure in Dungeons and Dragons Online. This group included such luminaries as our own lich-in-charge Crispy , the feisty male librarian Lhynn , the always entertainingly autistic @asdfsf, the proud Polish immigrant lukaszek , and the official codex accountant Mustawd .

From what I understand (as I wasn't there), much turbulent fun was had. Alfalfa got stuck on the starter island due to some beginning puzzle he couldnt solve, and when the group under Crispy's tart leadership refused to come back to help him, he ragequit. Then, further divisions emerged, as Crispy, who was the group tank, due to his advanced age, would take quite a bit of time to pull every monster, while the much younger (and dumber) Lhynn would lose patience and charge ahead to pull mobs as the DPS. Eventually this lead to Lhynn dying every single pull, while Crispy was busy searching for Mustard, who kept getting side tracked on account of being completely wasted. The group naturally fell apart.

But all this nonsense gave me an idea. If only such a group had more competent leadership (say yours truly instead of Crispy, or anyone else really), and if instead of the comically violent Lhynn, it had more stable personalities filling it out (say warpig or Lilura ), surely the greatest DnD experience of all time would be at a hoof's reach.

So I ask you, oh Codex, who among you be interested in such an adventure? Blush not, but vote in the poll above and add a comment so we know that ye be indeed interested when the time for the culling enlistment comes. If we get more people that required for one group, perhaps we could have inter-group competitions, to see which group does best.

The game (vanilla available for free on Steam): https://store.steampowered.com/app/206480/Dungeons__Dragons_Online/

Vote now, and remember:

BeburP5.jpg

deama

Prophet
Are the DLCs free on it at present?
You can enter a code that gives you a bunch of extra quests, it works till august so best hurry up!
They've also discounted 2 dlcs to only 99 in-game points, you should be able to reach 200 points in 1-2 weeks, so you should be able to get those two as well if you don't mind putting up with it for a bit.

Sadly though none of the payed classes/races are free, or discounted, I'd rather get those than the dlcs.

curds

Magister
I would be interested in participating, however I've tried to install the game about three times over the past two weeks to no avail. Just get an unknown error that prevents the installation from completing.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I would be interested in participating, however I've tried to install the game about three times over the past two weeks to no avail. Just get an unknown error that prevents the installation from completing.
Sometimes it just takes a while. I wouldn't give up just yet

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
No, but I'd play a normal D&D adventure on the FORUM.

For an RPG forum, you're a shameful display. I've been here 7+ years, and I've seen zero either D&D duels or D&D adventures.

curds

Magister
No, but I'd play a normal D&D adventure on the FORUM.

For an RPG forum, you're a shameful display. I've been here 7+ years, and I've seen zero either D&D duels or D&D adventures.
Pretty sure there's a few in the playground.

Reinhardt

Arcane
There is hardcore season underway in ddo btw. You can easily find who's better leader.
:0-13:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Anyway I'd probably join if we get enough people. I'm GMT+3 though, last time I basically no-lifed for a while playing DDO mostly solo since almost everyone else was playing at kwan times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom