Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Been having a blast on my second life with my friend. Our class combo is working great. Just did one of the toughest quests in the game "Proof is in the Poison" at level on Reaper 1. We absolutely killed it. Lost souls on reaper help him restore some of his spell points as we went through the quest. Also, having earned six reaper points gives us both a large bonus to hp.

I'm actually thinking about getting the PDF's of the classic modules they have adapted, just to see how closely they have followed the originals. Does buying them support the original creators, or does that all go to Wizards now?

roll-a-die

Magister
Working my way through first life, slowly, steadily. Trying to find solo-able content, afraid I fucked my build, but pressing through after a couple days off.

Level 8. 2 Rogue 6 Paladin. 95% into Knight of the Chalice, 5% into humany things, like Skill Boost, I'm thinking about respeccing enhancements to add some into Sacred Defender. Because I am squishy as hell and sometimes forget to have cleric bot on standbye.

And also traps. They don't fuck around on Elite.

Nim

Augur
Working my way through first life, slowly, steadily. Trying to find solo-able content, afraid I fucked my build, but pressing through after a couple days off.

Level 8. 2 Rogue 6 Paladin. 95% into Knight of the Chalice, 5% into humany things, like Skill Boost, I'm thinking about respeccing enhancements to add some into Sacred Defender. Because I am squishy as hell and sometimes forget to have cleric bot on standbye.

And also traps. They don't fuck around on Elite.
No shame in playing normal/hard as a soloing first lifer.

Nim

Augur
I mean, I get the appeal of playing elite right off the boat. Double the droprate of named items compared to hard, more mysterious remnants, a bit more xp, more favor. But the difficulty jump from hard to elite is steep. Are you even able to reliably find and disable traps currently ?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Are you even able to reliably find and disable traps currently ?
int based mechanicus or arti should be fine. Race like drows can get extra bonus and even auto search that helps if you cant remember those.

dex based rogue with rogue past lifes can just run past traps. Usually

roll-a-die

Magister
I mean, I get the appeal of playing elite right off the boat. Double the droprate of named items compared to hard, more mysterious remnants, a bit more xp, more favor. But the difficulty jump from hard to elite is steep. Are you even able to reliably find and disable traps currently ?
I've been doing the quests in sequence, normal, hard, elite, for most of the early quests, I could manage elite, but after level 3-4 base level quests, it got to the point where I couldn't.

Nim

Augur
Are you even able to reliably find and disable traps currently ?
int based mechanicus or arti should be fine. Race like drows can get extra bonus and even auto search that helps if you cant remember those.

dex based rogue with rogue past lifes can just run past traps. Usually
Wasn't meant in general. I was talking of roll-a-die finding traps on elite on a pally with rogue splash. Which should be tricky with the few skill points a pally gets, low tier thieves tools etc.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Early quests are fine, mid level is where problems start. You need specialized equip or 2 lvl rog splash won't be enough. Like keylock ring from ravenloft - one item for all trapping needs. It will help you until low epics. Especially if you add crafted slave lord item.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Haven't done the Snowpeak festival yet. Which is probably a good thing since they seem to be spending a lot of time patching it these last few days. I checked the rewards list on the DDOwiki and it actually has some incredible good rewards. What stands out to me are the augments. Sapphire of Snowpeaks Speed gives maximum run speed of +30% at level 8! And the ruby eye of the glacier augment scales off of the minimum level of the weapon you slot it into.

Honestly pretty impressed. Rewards like this make an event worth running.

Nim

Augur
Haven't done the Snowpeak festival yet. Which is probably a good thing since they seem to be spending a lot of time patching it these last few days.
There was a named item in the new run that gave 300 sentient xp. That's the only reason they hotfixed. Petty but what else is new.
I checked the rewards list on the DDOwiki and it actually has some incredible good rewards. What stands out to me are the augments. Sapphire of Snowpeaks Speed gives maximum run speed of +30% at level 8!
Upgraded Quiver of Alacrity at lvl 1 says hi. Aka the best item from last years anniversary token.
And the ruby eye of the glacier augment scales off of the minimum level of the weapon you slot it into.
Is terrible.

roll-a-die

Magister
Still level 8 but finally finished doing early house K missions to get my favor to 75 and get a second bank tab.

On another note, I realized last night I've played 130 hours of this so far since I last checked, and decided to drop $35 into it on a sub and DDO points.

Only to realize I came up about 500 points short of getting Masterminds of Sharn. So now I need to grind out newbie quests on other servers to see if I can make up the deficit.

Or just wait a month or so till I can spend a bit more lucre on it.

Nim

Augur
So now I need to grind out newbie quests on other servers to see if I can make up the deficit.
The first 5 favor on a server give 50 points. So if you haven't played on any other server that's 350 points. Basically no work required.

roll-a-die

Magister
Did the winter mario bullshite, never again, took me an hour with my crappy ghetto connection rubberbanding me back and fourth every 3rd jump. And then... Three jumps before the end, I clipped into an object, then fell. And ended up falling on the invisible floor and dying. Having to release and start over.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Did the winter mario bullshite, never again, took me an hour with my crappy ghetto connection rubberbanding me back and fourth every 3rd jump. And then... Three jumps before the end, I clipped into an object, then fell. And ended up falling on the invisible floor and dying. Having to release and start over.
Yeah, jumped to first chest and noped out of it. I have enough jumping in regular quests already.
Is terrible.
It depends. Not something i would use as melee but for inquisitive with high rate of pew-pew it's actually ok.
Not that many options anyway. Meteoric ruby is better, but i can't get it from drop with my luck. What else?

There are 4 things i can't get no matter how many times i try - kobold admiral armor(i don't even need it anymore, just a matter of principle!), ruby, riftmaker and tail of scorpion.

Nim

Augur
Is terrible.
It depends. Not something i would use as melee but for inquisitive with high rate of pew-pew it's actually ok.
Not that many options anyway. Meteoric ruby is better, but i can't get it from drop with my luck. What else?
2% Chance On Hit to cause a burst of glacial frost that deals 7 to 14 cold damage per Minimum Level of the weapon to all nearby enemies
So, best case you use it in a lvl 30 weapon and it does 210-420 damage 2% of the time to all nearby enemies. So (210+420)/2/50 gives 6,3 damage per nearby enemy on average.
Or I can use a basic 8d6 ml 28 ruby and get 28 dam per hit.
If you can clump up 4+ enemies every single time the ruby of the glacier triggers, sure it could be better. Seems unrealistic ?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Man it really is amazing the kind of builds it is possible to create in this game. This new video from one of my favorite DDO youtubers just blew my mind.
Even though the kinds of builds I play in RPGs always tend to be standard fare, I'm always impressed by people who can create unique stuff like this using the options in the system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom