Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Forgot to mention before but I completed the Fable of the Feywild heroic saga. Had a lot of fun with that expansion. Really loved the whole fairy tale theme of the Feywild. Also, loved Redcaps and the design they went with for them. Only complaint is they didn't use them enough in the quests.

I personally don't get why everyone says Ravenloft is the best expansion. I mean yeah, the whole gothic horror vibe is great, but I personally feel like they have been getting better with every expansion they release.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I dunno, my favorite quest is still What Goes Up. They nailed this "final battle" thing perfectly.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I dunno, my favorite quest is still What Goes Up. They nailed this "final battle" thing perfectly.

Now that you pointed it out, it really does feel like the final battle in a single player RPG. With DDO being an MMO I think the "final battle" feel is mainly reserved for the Raids they design. Only Raids I have played are Chronoscope and Tempests Spine, but thank to Youtube I have watched some of other raids. Raids like Curse of Strahd and Too Hot to Handle give off the finale feeling you mentioned.

Vodoospyce who started playing in 2009 mentioned a funny thing about Shadowfell Conspiracy, whose final quest is "What Goes Up." It was actually the worst performing expansion and everyone apparently hated it at the time. It was the only expansion to not have a raid. It did so bad Turbine said they would never do another expansion for DDO. After Turbine went bankrupt and DDO went to Standing Stone Games (made up of former developers I guess) they announced Mists of Ravenloft and released it in Dec 2017. That why there is a large 4 year gap between Shadowfell and Ravenloft.

That also might explain why so many super long time players love it so much. It was their first new expansion in years after getting nothing but adventure packs.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It was actually the worst performing expansion and everyone apparently hated it at the time.

Oh, don't get me wrong - i like ONE quest in it. Absolutely loathe all wheloon quests for example. Can't decide which eveningstar quests are more atrocious - wheloon or druids.

Codex Year of the Donut
Vodoospyce who started playing in 2009 mentioned a funny thing about Shadowfell Conspiracy, whose final quest is "What Goes Up." It was actually the worst performing expansion and everyone apparently hated it at the time. It was the only expansion to not have a raid. It did so bad Turbine said they would never do another expansion for DDO. After Turbine went bankrupt and DDO went to Standing Stone Games (made up of former developers I guess) they announced Mists of Ravenloft and released it in Dec 2017. That why there is a large 4 year gap between Shadowfell and Ravenloft.
through a mirror darkly is one of the better quests in the game, which says a lot because the average ddo quest is already pretty good

but, yes, comparing the content between shadowfell conspiracy and menace of the underdark is silly.
just looking at menace's quests, it's basically a list of some of the best quests available in DDO. I would have been sorely disappointed by shadowfell conspiracy.
but menace also introduced many more features overall and introduced an entire new realm in itself.

Nim

Augur
After Turbine went bankrupt
Didn't happen.
That also might explain why so many super long time players love it so much. It was their first new expansion in years after getting nothing but adventure packs.
Ravenloft is beloved because its highs are pretty good and the bad part either short (into the mists, wizard of wines, yester hill) or simply meh (castle ravenloft part 2, sunrise). I'll take it over Admiral Vaunt and his Starfleet goons any day. Feywild is just half-assed forgettable, you might agree once you've played it a few more times.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
New Producer Letter. Out of all the things they announced in their roadmap, the thing that I am most excited about is the updated character bank space. They mentioned before that the reason they didn't offer more shared bank space was because the way it was designed and set up was very heavy on the server. Here hoping the new one works out great.

Oh, and all races, except shifter and iconic, are free now. New classic module, content, etc.

Lhynn

Arcane
New Producer Letter. Out of all the things they announced in their roadmap, the thing that I am most excited about is the updated character bank space. They mentioned before that the reason they didn't offer more shared bank space was because the way it was designed and set up was very heavy on the server. Here hoping the new one works out great.

Oh, and all races, except shifter and iconic, are free now. New classic module, content, etc.
They really need to start unifying currency and materials. Cant be that you have 300 different things.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Okay so starting today apparently in the DDO Market, Fables of the Feywild and Masterminds of Sharn expansion bundles are both 75% off. And Saltmarsh is 50%.

So the standard base editions are only $10 now. Surprised they are doing Steam like sales now on their expansions.

Sykar

Arcane
Okay so starting today apparently in the DDO Market, Fables of the Feywild and Masterminds of Sharn expansion bundles are both 75% off. And Saltmarsh is 50%.

So the standard base editions are only $10 now. Surprised they are doing Steam like sales now on their expansions.

Mh DDO store they cost 2500/2000 points still. Or were they more expensive before?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lol, no, leveled codexia again just two days ago. Actually after two months of just doing zawabi once in 3 days i'm playing more. Can't into long sessions right now, so i just run some widerness or 1-2 quests daily in ddo, when i have internet and/or time.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Lol, no, leveled codexia again just two days ago. Actually after two months of just doing zawabi once in 3 days i'm playing more. Can't into long sessions right now, so i just run some widerness or 1-2 quests daily in ddo, when i have internet and/or time.
Didn't you say you were from Ukraine? How do you still have access to power let alone internet? Isn't it a straight up Warzone now?

Codex Year of the Donut
Didn't you say you were from Ukraine? How do you still have access to power let alone internet? Isn't it a straight up Warzone now?
He's hiding in his basement with a generator using starlink.

roll-a-die

Magister
Men, other men, manlier men, and less than manly men, I have every piece of content for this game now. Now I simply need to play it more than once a month.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So i was sitting in epic levels for 2+ months only doing zawabi once in 3 days. My luck for raid loot is shit so i was hoping for 20th completion. And all i got is ~10 sets of desert upgrade mats. Fuck this shit, will reincarnate.

Nim

Augur
So i was sitting in epic levels for 2+ months only doing zawabi once in 3 days. My luck for raid loot is shit so i was hoping for 20th completion. And all i got is ~10 sets of desert upgrade mats. Fuck this shit, will reincarnate.
Have to do the 20th run on heroic to get the proper 20th list here. Basically heroic 20th was the raid items and epic 20th the shards before and they converted the epic one in the retarded way you just experienced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom