Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Nim

Augur
Do they not have a test server?
Lamannia, but in reality it's a preview/hype server. If it goes on Lama it's gonna go live that way 99% of the time.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone here played in the cashgrab hardcore server? I'm thinking in pausing my EQ play for few days and play DDO as an hardcore necromancer and see how far I can reach before dying.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Anyone here played in the cashgrab hardcore server? I'm thinking in pausing my EQ play for few days and play DDO as an hardcore necromancer and see how far I can reach before dying.
its hard without dedicated group of friends. I gave up when I noticed that I spend more than half of my playtime getting a party. Would probably be easier if I was leet opener, but sadly only my old characters on regular server are.

Get ready to die due to random lags.

My rogues died from traps, still was fun

spellsinger bard is op, hence why you will usually have multiple in single group lol

Reinhardt

Arcane
hardcore is dumb especially considering i can't play ddo without vpn because of... sanctions, i guess. kwans really can't tell hihils and moskals apart.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hardcore is not to try to get the lv cap and go raiding. Is just to see how far you can get. I"m playing the server announces when someone dies. Most people dies about lv 5.

I never memoreized false life, but memorized it in HC and use it a lot. Also did some mistakes, for eg, I should have picked maximize + empower spell and the SLA magic missile. That would ahve saved me a lot of trouble.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Readed a bit the DDO forum while doing aerobic at the gym and seems like Wiz is one of the worst classes for HC and if someone wanna plays as an Wiz that much, focusing in Eldritch Knight using far more melee Eldritch Strike + buffing spells and picking few Pale Master survival based stuff like Deadly Tought and shroud of the zombie is the way to go for maximum survivability. But one huge drawback is that only at mid levels, the "Dread Knight wiz" would be able to pick medium armor + shield and most people die bellow lv 6 without being fragile wizards.

At lv 7 with Death Aura, negative energy buff and resist energy giving +20 to each element + displacement + stoneskin + MEDIUM armor, things become way easier.

BTW, I'm lv 6 at moment. Almost died 3 times but luckly avoided death. I'm focusing mostly in pale master but focused way more in survivability than damage in spell pick, feats and etc.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
why play pale master when you can be bard with max cha, have cha to hit and dmg with trusty pointy rapier, along with emp and maximize on sound related SLAs? Also healing.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
playing HC is stupid, server isn't stable enough for it

I'm playing with 204ms ping and reached lv 7. Just be cautious.

why play pale master when you can be bard with max cha, have cha to hit and dmg with trusty pointy rapier, along with emp and maximize on sound related SLAs? Also healing.

Because I don't like that type of class. Also, I can heal myself too. Death Aura is an DoT AoE heal centered around the caster and negative energy burst can dishes 100+ damage at the level 7 while healing the caster, his pet and damaging mobs. Since I need my buffs in case of server instability, I'm using way more wands to hit enemies and way less spells.

Remember, I can heal myself with negative energy.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm enjoying a lot playing as an necromancer. This HC season changed a lot the rules. Instead of base level +4 limit to enter quests, the limit is +2(ie - you can't outlevel the elite difficulty). And some fey wild hunt wolves will spawn from nowhere and attack the player.

I almost died in the part bellow. The blackbone skeletons destroy my stoneskin armor pretty quickly and and one of this fay spawned while I was engaging with the giant and used his attacks to make me vulnerable VS acid while the enemy casted acid abilities and the giant knocked me down. I literally went to 5 hp and if wasen't by quicken maximized empowered negative energy burst, I would have died... Never got so close to death and it was not even in elite difficulty. Merely hard. Screens bellow.

qZaqCye.jpg
zmzL3n4.jpg

The server announces every time that an player above lv 5 dies in hardcore. Is quite rare to see someone above lv 10 in HC and walking in the cities, i saw a total of ZERO pure casters above lv 10.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Cryomancer :what:
you know you can click that buttonon the left of your hot bar and it will pop out, allowing you to have 2 or more right?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Cryomancer :what:
you know you can click that buttonon the left of your hot bar and it will pop out, allowing you to have 2 or more right?

Only because you are seeing only one bar, doesn't means that im using only one. I am using 5. I just prefer to ctrl +2/3/4/5 and then ctrl +1 to move back tto my main bar. Is faster to cast that way and polute less the ui.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone here played Ravenloft in hardcore? I almost died in Invitation to Dinner - NORMAL. This area is quite troublesome. I think that I will only do Ravenloft quests in level 12, after I get necrotic ray + necrotic blast SLA.

Look how tinny the village are from the top of Strahd's castle :

mhRJrPP.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT :

Died. To a ballista in ToEE relative close to lv 11, where necromancers START to become good.

El2PwAo.jpg

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Anyone here played Ravenloft in hardcore? I almost died in Invitation to Dinner - NORMAL. This area is quite troublesome. I think that I will only do Ravenloft quests in level 12, after I get necrotic ray + necrotic blast SLA.

Look how tinny the village are from the top of Strahd's castle :
That really is such an amazing wilderness area. You can actually jump from there and float down to the village with featherfall.

Also, getting to level 11 is really amazing to me. Highest I got was level 3. Died doing Redemption with a group on elite. A champion hound spawned and killed me while I was acting as the groups tank.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Highest I got was level 3. Died doing Redemption with a group on elite. A champion hound spawned and killed me while I was acting as the groups tank.

I have an entire bar only for the protection of energy spells. If a fey hound spawns and dishes acid damage I will quickly CTRL + 4 and press "8" to cast protection vs acid which against the hound is essentially as powerful as +120 hp. As for dying near lv 11, I forgot to cast displacement. If I had it, I would't have died... Is extremely rare to see pure casters above lv 10 in HC.

And in this season, the fey hounds and fact that you can't play elite quests 2 levels above the quest makes by far the hardest hardcore league so far

In the next league, I will try as an carceri storm warlock. In DDO, due the UMD skill, CHA based casters are way better than INT based casters. I would suggest for you to run lots of quests in lower difficulty and then, buy lots of mid/high level scrolls with that money, if you can pass the UMD check. It is extremely important for elite/reaper quests.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Except to pick maximized/empowered magic missile at low level for mere 2 mp, there is any point in archmage tree? The SLA which they get are TRASH compared to sorcerer's SLA, their DC, utility and damage gain are trash compared to Pale Master tree and the survivability is trash compared to Eldritch Knight tree. Having Medium armor + Large shield with no spell failure is way more powerful than anything in archmage tree.

Nim

Augur
We have brought down the game worlds while we investigate an issue with items going missing from Reincarnation Caches. We will have more information as soon as we can.

:mixedemotions:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Except to pick maximized/empowered magic missile at low level for mere 2 mp, there is any point in archmage tree? The SLA which they get are TRASH compared to sorcerer's SLA, their DC, utility and damage gain are trash compared to Pale Master tree and the survivability is trash compared to Eldritch Knight tree. Having Medium armor + Large shield with no spell failure is way more powerful than anything in archmage tre

I'm guessing there attitude is something like "Pale Master and Eldritch Knight are good, so no priority to fix that tree." Who knows, maybe they will make Archmage archtype in the future and fix that tree?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Except to pick maximized/empowered magic missile at low level for mere 2 mp, there is any point in archmage tree? The SLA which they get are TRASH compared to sorcerer's SLA, their DC, utility and damage gain are trash compared to Pale Master tree and the survivability is trash compared to Eldritch Knight tree. Having Medium armor + Large shield with no spell failure is way more powerful than anything in archmage tre

I'm guessing there attitude is something like "Pale Master and Eldritch Knight are good, so no priority to fix that tree." Who knows, maybe they will make Archmage archtype in the future and fix that tree?

Also, is a F2P tree. Another pact for warlock is probably way higher in their priority list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom