Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons & Dragons Tactics vid...

trystero

Novice
Video of the D&D Tactics game for the PSP.... not a console fan, but this looks pretty decent. First time I have seen a video of the gameplay... too bad it isn't for PC, reminds me a little of TOEE:

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/04/26/dun ... lay-video/

- trystero

Texas Red

Whiner
How detailed is the character creation? Do you have 3 times as less options as in NWN for example?

MacBone

Scholar
That wolf took a long time to die compared to the banner thief. The game itself doesn't look too shabby.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Looks like fun; but yeah. I'd rather it be on PC or xbox 360.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Except FFT sucked like shit, and D&D Tatics looks to be good.

R00fles!

Surgey

Scholar
What. What. Final Fantasy Tactics sucked, but Tactics ADVANCED was good? That doesn't even begin to make any fucking sense in my mind. I didn't even know it was possible to form a sentence with those words. Unless you're joking, which I sincerely fucking hope you are.

I was looking forward to D&D Tactics until my brother sold his PSP. I mean, it looks cool, and it's about time we get an authentic D&D experience with cool classes like the psychic warrior, but I hear the interface is clunky and, for fuck's sake, it's for the PSP. What's wrong with the computer? Is it so wrong to ask that we have more than the core classes and retarded prestige classes (LOL NEVERWINTER NINE BEST TUNIC EVAR!1), and that we actually have authentic rules without a clunky interface?

Astromarine

Erudite

er. disregard that, I was misremembering. I played several of those tactics games on the gameboy, and I was confusing which it was. FFTA, if that's the one with the 20 minute long unskippable intro with the kids playing snow battles before your guy gets teleported to some magical fairy land, made me feel like ripping someone's balls out.

Fez

Erudite
Yes, FFTA was the one with the shitty intro and boring soon-to-be-emo kids.

Jason

chasing a bee
Tactics Ogre Advance (Knights of Lodis) is many much fun, but FFTA should be avoided for intense gayness. Unfortunately, FFTA2 looks to prolong the gayness.

Krafter

Scholar
Yeah, the FFTA story was embarrassingly bad. Nevertheless, I still liked it, as the turn-based battles are pretty cool, as is often the case. No where near the original Playstation game, but a solid game in it's own right, IMHO. I'm looking forward to the new one they are making for the DS, even with the apparent gayness. I'd like my main character to look like something other than a 14 year old blonde boy, though. Ugh.

I'm not going to buy a second handheld for playing two games, so unless D&D Tactics is ported, I can't see myself getting it. This game and Silent Hill Origins are the only two that I'm interested in for the PSP.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Am I the only one who liked FFTA more than FFT?

Sure, it made absolutely no sense that you learned your skills through the weapons you swung, but I liked it. Everyone bitched about the laws, but I liked how it forced you to use different strategies.

My biggest problem with FFT was how the story was constantly being shoved down your throat. I want to play a strategy game, not push on through lines and lines of lame dialogue. Hell, the game would stop in the MIDDLE of a battle to continue the story. Just once I wished you could just walk up and stab the enemies in the chest during one of their lame soliloquies.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
FFTA on GBA right? I liked them about equal. This game looks great. I'm figuring they aren't going to port to the pc, but that would be nice. I can't buy the psp for one game.

Deacdo

Liturgist
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Am I the only one who liked FFTA more than FFT?
Yes, as it shows increadably bad taste :)

FFT and TO for PS1/SNES are easily the best of console style tactical RPG. Front Mission 3 for the PS1 wasn't too bad, either. The rest more or less suck.

Chork

Scholar
Speaking of Front Mission... Squenix can't be fucked to bring a new game over, instead we get a rehash of an old game! With more CGI movies! On the PSP! Fuckers.

Krafter

Scholar
Deacdo said:
The rest more or less suck.
I liked Front mission 4, but It's hard for me to meet a turn-based game I don't like, admittedly.

I wish SquareEnix would crank out the Front Mission and Final Fantasy Tactics games at the level they do the regular 'ol Final Fantasy series. That would be cool by me. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom