1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Multi-headed Cow, Dec 7, 2011.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  1. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    :bounce:

^ Top  
  2. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Tranny mode?

^ Top  
  3. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Automatic pre-order for half the codex I guess

^ Top  
  4. damicore Augur

damicore
    That looks so uggly it hurts.

^ Top  
  5. Peter Arcane

Peter
    That face :what:

^ Top  
  6. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Face...? Oh, there is a face there too.

^ Top  
  7. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    But yeah the artwork for the new female character is pretty terrible in that promo pick. Looks better in-game.

^ Top  
  8. Deakul Augur

Deakul
    Can't see equipped gear on character, terrible game.

^ Top  
  9. shihonage Subscribe to my OnlyFans Patron

shihonage
    Bubbles In Memoria
    Looks like they're going for the androgen look. No need to select gender, everybody wins.

^ Top  
  10. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It is masturbating.

Was Used Inappropriately Before.

^ Top  
  11. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    I knew from the very start that the little guy is masturbating, which is why I use it.

^ Top  
  12. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    The 1.08 patch which adds the new female hero and a decent amount of other changes/fixes should be out today or Friday.

^ Top  
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It looks a bit like SMA :/

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I just picked up Dungeons of Dredmor today on STEAM. Looking forward to this and the new patch.

^ Top  
  16. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    The new achievements reveal some of the new skill trees, like emomancy :D

^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Looks like 1.08 and the release of the expansion have been put off until Monday per their twitter. I'm sort of glad because I'm pushing through the 8th floor of a Going Rogue game with a pretty good build. I originally intended it just to get the wacky achievement where you have to equip dual clockwork axes and some other stuff but I found some crazy crossbow that does around 30ish damage and I have the crossbow talent to boot. If I manage to get to Dredmor he should be pretty easy to kite at range.

^ Top  
  18. I've only racked up 18 hours and never even seen Dredmor yet. I'm the worst. THE WORST. Biggest thing holding me back from playing more is how long it takes to clear a dungeon floor. I'm hoping the new "Smaller dungeon floors more XP" setting is balanced well, since that'd be much more my speed. Grinding though dungeon floor 1 again and again is a bit of a bummer when it takes as long as it does in Dredmor, compared to the speed you move through early floors in Nethack typically. Possibly my biggest complaint with the game after playing it a while.

My best character was before they nerfed the obvious fireball 2-3 times, and then I accidentally fireballed myself. Probably could've had a victory with that character if not for spastic mousing.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Yeah, the size of the floors is a bit much so the quick mode should help. It should be more about experimenting with builds than grinding it out 10+ hours to get to the last floor. And to think they're adding floors in the expansion. At first I thought they might put another boss five floors past Dredmor but since there is no achievement about killing a new boss I'm guessing they're just going to stick him five floors lower.

^ Top  
  20. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    And just killed Dredmor on Going Rogue/Permadeath. I'm pretty surprised at how fast he went down. Of course I cheesed it by using an invis pot to get some distance then hit him with a couple of those squid arrows, a thermite bomb, an acid arrow, and two or three holy hand grenades. Also managed to drink all of the resistance pots and eat one of those grunge mushrooms, too. I just looked up and he only had a sliver of health left so pew pew.

It obviously helped that I played through on easy and moderate first: allowed me to figure out what all of the items are for and which are more useful than others. Build against him really doesn't matter at all since you can easily kill him with thrown weapons and area of effect arrows. Melee fighting him is risky and pointless. Only real challenge is getting to him. I just ran away from the Monster Zoo on the tenth floor since it would probably kill me, just find Dredmor and deal with him.

Quick tips: save that Canadian hat and shield to use on the frost floor. There's also a fire shield that helps on floor nine (and maybe hold on to some rings or whatever that have fire resist). The other resists are hard to come by which is why the tenth floor is so bad.

^ Top  
  21. Apparently ITZ COMING tomorrow, and the 1.0.8 patch is already on Steam so you can make a female hero. :bounce:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    BROS I BOUGHT THIS IN ONE OF THE FREEWARE BUNDLES SO I MIGHT GET SOME OF THIS SHIT TOO

^ Top  
  23. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I'd hold off on playing right now as there are a lot of bugs/crashes in 1.08 (particularly when crafting or using the newly added abilities) -- so it might end up being more frustrating than fun for a first timer. In general note that casters are a lot easier to play than melee as you can pretty much avoid 90% of damage. A good caster build would be Promethean up to Obvious Fireball (the dragon pet can tank/solo most of the stuff on the first couple of floors), Fleshsmithing up to Corpse explosion (although the last talent is pretty good the Zomby is pretty worthless unless it was buffed in the recent patch plus the corpse explosion effect creates a weaker version of the gas cloud you get at the max talent), supplemented by Ley Lines, Blood Magic, and uh... Magic Training I think it is. The rest don't really matter. Keep in mind they fleshed out the talents in 1.08 so that everything has at least five ranks so it's not as easy to max stuff as it was before. Clearing 100% of the floors until the 10th you'll only get to about level 20-21ish, possibly higher depending on the number of traps you unarm/doors you lockpick.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.