Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons of Edera - roguelite action RPG dungeon crawler - now available on Early Access

Andhaira

Arcane
https://monstertoothstudios.com

Looks fun for what it is. Sometimes you just want a medieval action-rpg with minimal dialogue, plot/story/thinking to spend a couple of hours on and numb your mind from RL.

Anyone played this puppy and can give feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyast

Cipher
* Watches trailer *
* Sees Objectives "Slay 20 goblins, Slay 5 orcs" *
* Runs away *

Skdursh

Savant
This is out now. No idea if it's shit or not. Came here to find out and no one has said a word about it in 2 years. I don't know for sure, but it looks "cheap", like an asset flip.

Edit: I'm trying to post a link to the GOG store page, but NuDex keeps trying to insert ad tracker faggotry into the link instead of just posting it.

Whatever, here's a plaintext link: https://www. gog .com/game/dungeons_of_edera just delete the spaces cause I can't even plaintext post it without NuDex altering it.

Last edited:

Dhaze

Cipher
I watched a short gameplay video, and it feels off all over. The boss fight at the end is quite comical, as the boss roars to make arrows rain from the sky in spots, and also roars to make goblins materialize out of thin air—then the goblins (who move at the same speed as the boss, ensuring they stay right next to him) explode on their own, taking a big nice fat chunk of the boss' hp with them.

Parts of the U.I. are okay, I guess. Clean and minimalist dialogue boxes that do what they aim to do:

qycGZIQ.png

Then, parts of the U.I. feel like they're from a different game (note the actual, literal Diablo-style loot, with prefixes and suffixes):

eUvSE1f.png

And some still are straight out of some shitty mobile game aimed at five year old kids:

P6L3HG4.png

Some standard, okay-looking barrels:

M1GY2AY.png

But then this cartoonish monstrosity of a treasure chest:

3Ko7XVB.png

Piles of gold that scream 'asset flip':

Ij02LKx.png

As far's I'm concerned, that's too many bright red flags flapping noisily in the wind.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played a bit. Honestly, quite average. I don't like the ridiculous amount of cooldowns on everything, the gear dependency and other things. Still a bit fun to play TBH. After I get more skills mostly the damaging totem at lv 15 maybe I will change my mind but so far, many skills are very lackluster... Blizzard in every single game that I saw was cool, yet here is just a small ice rain in a very small location which rarely hits the enemies. Bugthesda did this spell right.

---------------------------------

The controls and UI is also very console focused. I would rate it : average.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom