Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeons of the Amber Griffin is a dungeon crawler about Ancient Pomeranians

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
fjxiOEX.jpg
I thought a few other cultures thought bells meant death. For whom the bells toll and all that.
B4lwX05.jpg

PD4ckA4.jpg

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Not exactly a blobber but IMHO, Drakkhen could have been immensely more enjoyable as a TB.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This looks like another dogshit Grimrock clone with the most generic fucking art direction. Slavs have notoriously low standards but will they really get excited over the warrior class being misspelled as WORJOR and priest as SUKA? It's bad when the uninspired and hastily thrown together Might & Magic X looks like it belongs at the Louvre in comparison. If it looks worse than the cardboard meals served by Ubishit in the promo material the game itself is going to be even worse on release when you actually play lit. Sometimes you see a game and you just know it will be completely forgotten in a month after release if not earlier, this is one of those games.

Rumor also has it that PlayWay S.A. is working on "Kashubia Simulator" based on the CMS 2021 engine.

Mortmal

Arcane
Lord of Riva how dare you fake news me ? look at sales, its barely anything and always been like that. Turn based blobbers are a dead branch of the rpg evolutionary tree.Iif there's stuff like grimoire, as overated it is here, discounted at 1 euro, it's evidence there's not much point making them anymore. Outside the codex no one is speaking about those ever.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Lord of Riva how dare you fake news me ? look at sales, its barely anything and always been like that. Turn based blobbers are a dead branch of the rpg evolutionary tree.Iif there's stuff like grimoire, as overated it is here, discounted at 1 euro, it's evidence there's not much point making them anymore. Outside the codex no one is speaking about those ever.

wow, you are coming of strong.

Seems like your message hasn't come across. You quoted Grunker and from what you said I got your meaning as "Real-time blobbers" don't sell, now I do not know if you meant blobbers in general or only TB blobbers don't sell :mystery:

And I "dared" to fake news you because games like Grimrock have sold plenty.

Mortmal

Arcane

Seems like your message hasn't come across. You quoted Grunker and from what you said I got your meaning as "Real-time blobbers" don't sell, now I do not know if you meant blobbers in general or only TB blobbers don't sell :mystery:

And is grimrock a turn based blobber young man ? is it ?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

can you please check your message, you have not been clear in the least. That is all I am going to say about this now. jeez.

Mortmal

Arcane

can you please check your message, you have not been clear in the least. That is all I am going to say about this now. jeez.
well grunker lament the fact it's a real time blobber by saying whyyyy real time, so i answer to this that turn based blobbers are not popular and never been.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
real time whyyyyyy
No one like them, they never been popular ever , and more important no one buys them.

well grunker lament the fact it's a real time blobber by saying whyyyy real time, so i answer to this that turn based blobbers are not popular and never been.
I rated your initial post
wtfamireading.png
because it seemed to refer to real-time blobbers, but it still deserves the same rating for referring to turn-based blobbers, which were one of the early CRPG subgenres and quite popular from 1981 (Wizardry) well into the 1990s. Turn-based blobbers gave rise to real-time blobbers (Dungeon Master 1987), which gave rise to 3D dungeon-crawlers (The Stygian Abyss 1992), which in turn gave rise to 3D Open World games (Morrowind 2002).

All part of the same prestigious tree. +M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
real time whyyyyyy
No one like them, they never been popular ever , and more important no one buys them.

wtfamireading.png
because it seemed to refer to real-time blobbers, but it still deserves the same rating for referring to turn-based blobbers, which were one of the early CRPG subgenres and quite popular from 1981 (Wizardry) well into the 1990s. Turn-based blobbers gave rise to real-time blobbers (Dungeon Master 1987), which gave rise to 3D dungeon-crawlers (The Stygian Abyss 1992), which in turn gave rise to 3D Open World games (Morrowind 2002).

There’s nothing prestigious about square dancing combat with superficial mechanics

Mortmal

Arcane
real time whyyyyyy

wtfamireading.png

There’s nothing prestigious about square dancing combat with superficial mechanics
Nothing prestigious in both case,real time blobber are just fun games, even the most sophisticated turn based blobber is a far cry of what real rpg are. There's hardly any evolution nor any progress to replicate the real experience since 30+ years now. Last games improving things are solasta , kotc2, and yes BG3, i cant name any new revolutionnary blobber.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Despite some production value shown in the trailer, overall it looks like another Polish cash grab game - generic witcher theme and getting subsidized by both the ministry and one of Kashubian (of course) museums. If it holds the tradition of similar projects, it will just disappear as soon as government funds stop coming.
logo-ministerstwo-pl.png
logo-muzeum.png

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Can't wait to walk the ancient pomeranians and explore the caves of Angie Griffin

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom