Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DX:HR leak impressions

baronjohn

Cipher
The graphics are nice. The overall feel is great, kind of like Ghost in the Shell, rendered with the Doom 3 engine. The character shadow rendering is bad. The interface is merely OK.

The writing is unremarkable. This is good because video game writing is usually remarkably bad. But in DX:HR it's ok and works with the game.

The voice acting is good, thousands of miles ahead of the first game certainly. The main character sounds like he's doing to die from lung cancer any minute, but that's about it.

The AI is kind of bad from what I've seen, just like the first game. Hopefully they'll fix this. Currently there doesn't seem to be much point in stealth since it's easier to just waste everyone except when stealth is important to the mission obj.

Friend black helicopter is now some Iranian pussy who seems to have a crush on our augmented stud, apparently missing that Jansen has elaborate floral patterns on his coat so he probably won't be reciprocating her affection.

The hub maps seem about as big or bigger than DX1. Crates. Crates everywhere.

The minimap/compass is so obtuse it's practically useless so you have to pay some attention where you are and where you're going instead of just following an arrow.

10mm pistol is king like in DX1. Headshots are lethal.

Ammo is very sparse on the highest difficulty. Much more so than in DX1.

There's a grid inventory system like in DX1 and it's very limited. You can upgrade it 3 times which gives you roughly 2x the space. You can now pick up individual items off corpses which is an incline in complexity over DX1. Also, items can be rotated and if you try to pick up something that can't fit into your current grid, the game will automatically play inventory tetris for you and rearrange items so the new one fits (if it can)

Persuasion is interesting if you get the social aug. Characters seem to have 3 personality type levels and the indicators light up when they say certain things and there's a description on the right which personalities respond well to what. There's also some sort of option to use pheromones, but I haven't quite figured it out

There's no lockpicking (?)

The hacking is now a minigame. It's basically a graph and you have to get from one node to another (or sometimes several). At each node there's a chance of detection which starts a countdown to failure and there are also special nodes that have various effects.

In conclusion,

In declare DX:HR an :incline: over DX1. Let the shitstorm begin.

MMXI

Arcane
baronjohn said:
po_girl_l.jpg

baronjohn

Cipher
I took screenshots furiously while playing. Sadly imgur compresses them in jpegs really badly. Meh.

Q28O9.jpg

KFGny.jpg

WmtzQ.jpg

d4Ia0.jpg

x9xtH.jpg

WHLPp.jpg

o12IV.jpg

mSVbk.jpg

zGX04.jpg

Oyy6W.jpg

3Jzs3.jpg

PdqR3.png

8ZTNQ.jpg

SZiRq.jpg

o26tC.jpg

RJnFQ.jpg

YmbXs.jpg

3GaMY.png

aUQWw.jpg

y1yHT.jpg

xzOoB.jpg

HFR9g.png

MapMan

Arcane
The locked down graphics settings made me not play this leak :graphicwhore:

Monocause

Arcane
Because implementing a cover system is, you know, fundamentally WRONG, just like health regen. Bugger if you should care that it's possible to don't use the cover system and play the game like DX1 or that the health regen on the Deus Ex difficulty doesn't really save your skin. It's just SO FUCKING WRONG GAWD.

On a more serious note - I like what I've seen. Like I said in the other thread, RPG elements of DX1 were actually expanded upon instead of being cut out. The art and general production direction is quite decent and unconventional; the game starts out quite challenging. Can't really comment on the plot but these factors alone mean that I sure as hell will be buying this game.

Everything you can USE is orange.
Orange theme.
SPACE BAR not SPACE. Oh and it tells you what to hold.
Popamole shooter.

The only thing you're right about is the orange theme, though I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by that. If you meant that you don't like the golden filter used, well, sucks. I like it.

Interactive object highlighting can be turned off and seems to be off by default. Pop-ups like the "SPACE" one can be turned off. I guess you could play the game like a popamole shooter but you don't have to and there's really no reason to as different approaches are simply more fun and rewarding. DXHR's combat experience is miles ahead of ME2.

Monocause

Arcane
Havoc said:
Pożyjemy, zobaczymy.

Nie pierdol, stary, tylko ściągaj leaka i pograj ;P Naprawdę jest zaskakująco OK - i nie jako "good for what it is", ale OK jako sequel DX. Oczywiście jest szansa że później gra leci w kulki, ale bez jaj. Sam design jest naprawdę znacznie lepszy, niż się spodziewałem.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Poczekam spokojnie... aż pojawi się na prestiżowych torrentach. :troll:

Black

Arcane
Newst at 11: DEHR is better than DE1 because it AWESOME button
UzGs1.gif

Let me know when DE gets a sequel/prequel that's not about flashy takedowns and being cool.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Black said:
UzGs1.gif

Let me know when DE gets a sequel/prequel that's not about flashy takedowns and being cool.

In your dreams :smug:

Seriously though this is probably the best that can be realistically hoped for in today's market. As long the story and gameplay is fun w/e.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Black said:
UzGs1.gif

I wonder what would happen in that area if the soldiers were placed farther apart. If the game would detect that automatically and then trigger the cutscene for you just disabling one of them, while the other in background unloads a gun at you, then it's salvageable.

If not, then its mechanics are too rigid to be worthwhile.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
It all looks kinda weird... couldn't have they made the weapons like, you know, MUCH bigger, I don't really need to look at my surroundings if I have a cool weapon to look at

Multi-headed Cow

I've been in a vaguely similar situation, where I did a flashy animated takedown on the guy on the right while both the dudes were talking. Dude on the left watched me arm blade the fuck out of his bro until the animation was done, at which point he shot me dead.

DraQ

Arcane
Monocause said:
Because implementing a cover system is, you know, fundamentally WRONG
Well, technically it is, but Kodex Kritikal Konsensus combined with more elaborate impressions regarding individual features make me rather hopeful.

Berekän said:
It all looks kinda weird... couldn't have they made the weapons like, you know, MUCH bigger, I don't really need to look at my surroundings if I have a cool weapon to look at
You mean like GEP gun?

LordDenton

Augur
baronjohn said:
4/10

There is zero chance that this game will better than the first. We aren't hoping for this to surpass the first one; we are hoping that it'll be about half as good.

you are all full of shit.

fukking kodeks cant believe that 2011 title can be better than 10 or 15 years old games.

no

fuck me

its not even 2011 title. its fukking beta version and its already better than any crpg from last 7 fukking years :yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom