Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DX:HR leak impressions

Deakul

Augur
SZiRq.jpg

Anime models.

Dezzy

Novice
So, this is from the team that's also working on Thief 4? hm..

Jezal_k23

It seems to look like shit. You see, that's how faithful to Deus Ex it is.

Therefore the game is amazing, confirmed.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
taviow said:

Did you miss the memo saying that the leaked demo is locked to lowest settings in order to keep file size down? It's an advance copy intended for journalists meant to give them a head start on their reviews, not indicative of the final product in terms of presentation or polish.

sea said:
taviow said:

Did you miss the memo saying that the leaked demo is locked to lowest settings in order to keep file size down? It's an advance copy intended for journalists meant to give them a head start on their reviews, not indicative of the final product in terms of presentation or polish.

You'd think they would want to make the game look as good as possible for journalists.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Clockwork Knight said:
You'd think they would want to make the game look as good as possible for journalists.
Maybe, but keep in mind this is both a quick and dirty preview version, the options available for video settings are more limited than what has been suggested in previews so far, and chances are they may have wanted to keep file sizes down.

Of course, we could be wrong, in which case I'd say... there had better be a DX11 executable, high-res texture pack, or INI tweaks to improve things, else this is one game seriously harmed by its console roots.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
sea said:
Of course, we could be wrong, in which case I'd say... there had better be a DX11 executable, high-res texture pack, or INI tweaks to improve things, else this is one game seriously harmed by its console roots.

Is that all you require of a cRPG then? DX11.

I'll just stick to cRPG's that have multiple ways of doing thing, stat based combat, stat based skills, choice and consequences, stat based dialoge skills... to name a few.

Enjoy your dx11 faggot.

gromit

Arcane
Don't take it out on DX11. DX >9 is a sincere (yet quite buzzword-marketable) attempt at cleaning up the mess made from a decade of the HAL suffering graphic-whore tack-ons.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Will the AI be as good as Deus Ex? I enjoy taking out a building full of enemies just by climbing a ladder. Then there was that time I took out an entire squad by crouching under a desk.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Jaesun said:
sea said:

I'll just stick to cRPG's that have multiple ways of doing thing, stat based combat, stat based skills, choice and consequences, stat based dialoge skills... to name a few.

Enjoy your dx11 faggot.

Tell us about your favourite DOSBox graphics filter Jaesun.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Jaesun said:
sea said:

Enjoy your dx11 faggot.
Except Deus EX isn't a RPG. :M

Destroid

Arcane
The environments look fantastic, character models not so much. Hopefully they will be improved with higher settings.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lord Rocket said:
Tell us about your favourite DOSBox graphics filter Jaesun.

U5 certainly looks next-gen, none of those archaic jaggies.... :smug:

Excidium said:

It's in the RPG section....ergo it is.

Deakul said:
[horrible screenshot.]

Anime models.

Jesus how fucking unproportioned is this? Legs like a daddy-long legs, arms like a T-rex, weeaboo face.

baronjohn

Cipher
I didn't notice it ingame. It's probably just perspective.

Also, I am very disappointed by the graphicswhoreism in this thread. You whine about the decline and yet you're at the core of it. Typical Codex.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
DraQ said:
Berekän said:
It all looks kinda weird... couldn't have they made the weapons like, you know, MUCH bigger, I don't really need to look at my surroundings if I have a cool weapon to look at
You mean like GEP gun?

And still that doesn't take as much screen as a simple pistol here.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
baronjohn said:
I didn't notice it ingame. It's probably just perspective.

Also, I am very disappointed by the graphicswhoreism in this thread. You whine about the decline and yet you're at the core of it. Typical Codex.
The only decline is this thread being in General RPG discussion.

Excidium said:
Jaesun said:
sea said:

Enjoy your dx11 faggot.

:lol:

All that bile sometimes clouds our judgement.

In Jaesun's case, it might be cum instead of bile

edit: it bears repeating.

Rhalle

Magister
Derivative consoleshit. Looks like Mass Effect: Detroit.

abija

Prophet
Regarding the overlays, golden filter and action popups:
MVhLD.jpg

can be easily changed in options to:
pF0NS.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom