Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DX:HR leak impressions

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
This is looking like VTM:B

:love:

mwnn

Novice
It's up on Usenet - so you don't have to piss about with torrents.

http://www.nzbindex.nl/search/?q=De...dq=&poster=&nfo=&hidespam=0&hidespam=1&more=0

With the second crack applied.
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1112525891

Only played through the intro so far and like the look of it. After which I hear the game opens up nicely.

Like the first person/third person shooting mechanics. Attaching to cover with the RMB and popping up with the W key. Or you can shoot blind or go back to first person and aim down the sights with MMB.

Whist your health regenerates it does so incredibly slowly. Enemies are quick to react, accurate and I've seen signs of intelligence.

It doesn't look like the colossal screw-up that Invisible War was.

Can a game that lets you punch prostitutes in the face be that bad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWoVsF0MIo

:thumbsup:

Black

Arcane
1. Faces- they're weird, especially Jense's or what's his name. His eyes are huge.
2. Cover system- nothing new to complain, same old bullshit with being able to see everything while being practically invisible.
3. CUTSCENES. In DE1 you started the game and to the end there were no fucking cutscenes. This game has them and a lot of them.

Other than that, it's better than I expected, multiple way to get from point A to B, secondary objectives etc still in.

Oh yeah, scores.
Uhhh, I guess I can give it 3.5 stars out of 7 potatoes.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Desu Protocol it is.

The last mission. Rather big warehouse/underground vault location. Turns into a single corridor at the end. And a forced boss who can receive 20 headshots without blinking an eye.

Monocause

Arcane
Turned out my rig's easily able to handle DXHR. I just needed to clean up its inside a bit - some dust had built up and safety measures were slowing shit down when temperature got to dangerous levels. Now it runs real good, with the occasional FPS drop at NPC-heavy locations like Serif building, but it's still very playable.

I'm fucking impressed TBH. I did the first mission and some sidequests in the Detroit hub - the game seems awesome. They got quite close to the original DX feel. Game's challenging and helluva fun, they've expanded upon RPG elements from the first one - not only is the skill(aug) system more robust, but also you've got real vendors! None of that "I'll take one of these three options for five hundred".

Currently in Derelict Row. Really stable for a preview build, crashed on me only once. There's a shitload of stuff easy to miss, for instance:

When you're in Derelict Row you can overhear a conversation that a Purity First guy did something on the rooftop. You can go and check it out - there's no way to do it while remaining undetected since there're proximity mines up there, and blowing them up puts everyone on alert. When you hack a terminal on the rooftop suddenly Pritchard contacts you asking what have you done then hangs up abruptly. This probably is a hint that Pritchard is a mole - seems fairly obvious so far, but it's really nice that there's a lot of stuff you can miss in the game.

FaChoi

Educated
Monocause said:
When you're in Derelict Row you can overhear a conversation that a Purity First guy did something on the rooftop. You can go and check it out - there's no way to do it while remaining undetected since there're proximity mines up there, and blowing them up puts everyone on alert. When you hack a terminal on the rooftop suddenly Pritchard contacts you asking what have you done then hangs up abruptly. This probably is a hint that Pritchard is a mole - seems fairly obvious so far, but it's really nice that there's a lot of stuff you can miss in the game.

I guess you are just exploring during the undercover cop womans side mission? Sarif sends you to hack that terminal as part of the main mission as that tower was hacking into our communications. I assume you won't have to back there now when the main mission would normally require it

Monocause

Arcane
FaChoi said:
I guess you are just exploring during the undercover cop womans side mission? Sarif sends you to hack that terminal as part of the main mission as that tower was hacking into our communications. I assume you won't have to back there now when the main mission would normally require it

Good to know, I'll post later when I see if it garners a reaction from Serif/Pritchard.

Black

Arcane
And one more thing- those fucking takedowns. Take way too much time.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
You faggots shut the hell up. Your impressions are only valid if you're a true nano aug'd DX bro that replayed the game at least 10 times. Otherwise what you say is shit

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Serious_Business said:
You faggots shut the hell up. Your impressions are only valid if you're a true nano aug'd DX bro that replayed the game at least 10 times. Otherwise what you say is shit

My edition is augmented.

Irate?

Also playing through this definitely feels like a VTM:B/Deus Ex hybrid. In other words great.

There are some issues of course like the cutscenes. Damn you SQEENIX!! And the takedown animations. But it definitely surpassed my expectations.

The intro part was terrible though.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Whats the required system specs to run this game?
Something tells me i might be able to get away with running this on high settings like i could with the witcher 2

J1M

Arcane
I hated DX2 with a passion.

DX3 is way closer to a DX1 feel than I ever expected it to be. The cutscenes wouldn't be as jarring if they were in-engine or rendered at 1920x1200.

Yay:
-Difficulty (I assume we are all playing on the hardest)
-Exploration!
-World detail, extras
-Music!
-Magnum
-Aug system

Not sure if want:
-The french influences of its creators are not so subtle. The main characters all look like they were born of french americans and people apparently smoke a lot in futureland.

Nay:
-Highlighting is kindof required because the environment is so dense with detail, I don't really mind how they did the yellow except on ladders but there is a gray texture that is irritating. I hope someone creates a mod that just deletes that texture from the game files.
-I wish I could disable the glow/depth of field effects and keep the yellow filter. Perhaps someone can educate me on this.
-The engine sometimes hitches if you quickly look at a detailed scene, then runs smoothly. I'm guessing this is texture loading or something.
-Would like to increase volume of protagonist's voice, everyone else is fine. Probably something about distance of model from camera in conversations.

Conclusion:
Glad I have it pre-ordered. Will recommend to fans of prestigious games. Somewhat shocked a studio in Montreal was capable of this.

punchz

Novice
Black said:
And one more thing- those fucking takedowns. Take way too much time.

H2cfM.gif

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What about the AI? I know since you guys liked Deus Ex you don't care about dumb AI but how about it? Are they blind? Do they climb? How long do they search for you? Do they work in teams?

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
AI doesn't really bother to search for you. Two guards once saw me enter a restroom and took 5 seconds before deciding to enter, and even then only opened the door and took a few steps inside before giving up.

Twinkle

Liturgist
What about the AI?

There is no AI. Blind, deaf, slow-moving cretins without any sense of self-preservation whom you can exploit to your amusement.

In other words - the definitive Deus Ex experience. :M

SoupNazi

The one thing that did annoy me was that climbing a ladder means immediately disappearing out of their sight.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If it doesn't have a non lethal path i won't go through with it. I want to play my nano-jesus and just played hitman.

He killed his fucking bird for fucks sake. No respect for danger canaries. Miners loved them.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I can only say :decline:

(Knockouts are ok. No knockouts in dx was impossible too.)

Jezal_k23

I do not give a shit if the game looks bad, as long as the game is good, which I didn't think it would be.

But I've been hearing positive reception to this leaked version.

I must say I'm intrigued.

:thumbsup:

baronjohn

Cipher
Well in the leaked preview, you only have to kill the boss. Same as DX1.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I've already been over this. There is no boss you have to kill in DX1. Just Anna Navarre, and she can be avoided with a bug - exposing unused dialog too. You cause deaths in cutscenes and allow some to take place (anne killing lebdev, the launching of the missile).

Pity the game has no corpse retrieval system like hitman, the dark mod and thief so they more or less ignore them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom