Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I may be old fashioned, but in my day, any accusation of sexual stuff would be settled in, you know, an actual court of law, with a judge, a prosecutor, evidence, lawyers, procedures and all that jazz. What is this Twitter shit, this public lynching?

typical user

Arbiter
The game is probably finished story/character wise, will have it's marketing campaign launch anytime soon and Avellone might bring bad rep now. Remember Kevin Spacey and how long it took american court to settle the matter? Plus America still has issue with CHAZ and protests so corporations are trying to avoid any scandal now. It's likely the decision's been made because someone counted them dollar and figured they are better off ditching Chris than keeping him under the rug. Also Covid-19 is making people act insane in their houses - again look at protests and riots in USA.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
The first Dying light was mediocre. I haven't followed the development of the sequel but i hardly think that Avelone's contributions would have made a significant difference. Who cares about zombie Mirror's Edge anyway.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
It was nice for coop, but even then it got tedious here and there. We didn't even make it to the end because everyone was just kinda ... meh'd at this point.

Heard a lot of good stuff about the DLC though.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
They would have to restart development to completely scrub the game of Chris's input.
The "modern dark ages" motif, the factions, the outline of the story, etc. were all things he had a hand in.

Gerrard

Arcane
Sad, i was going to buy this game, now its a hard pass.
I was always on the fence because the devs' priorities were pumping out shitty DLC instead of improving even the simplest issues in the game (the crafting menu is atrocious).

Xeon

Augur
This kinda sucks, the demo they showed was so good it made me play the first game and I ended up kinda liking it overall.

I still hope the game will be good but this kinda killed my hopes of it being like the demo.

I think Dying Light was by far the best open world zombie game released. It seemed like it was made by people who were tired of the shit fucking gameplay in every other entry in the genre. The problem was that the grappling hook let you ignore core game mechanics, and it should never have been added as a tool. (The story was bland but who cares about story? Read a book or watch a movie.) This Avellone cancellation is fucking gay. I will p*&$!^& the second game and give it a try and see how it goes, probably.

tindrli

Arcane
I think Dying Light was by far the best open world zombie game released. It seemed like it was made by people who were tired of the shit fucking gameplay in every other entry in the genre. The problem was that the grappling hook let you ignore core game mechanics, and it should never have been added as a tool. (The story was bland but who cares about story? Read a book or watch a movie.) This Avellone cancellation is fucking gay. I will p*&$!^& the second game and give it a try and see how it goes, probably.

naaaah he will probably continue to write for them.. just incognito... the whole shitparade was just for media

Kerghnox

Novice
Imagine the writing and C&C turning out to be the best we've seen in years, but about 50-70% of the way through everything starts turning into shit.

tindrli

Arcane
only a totally retard or fool would delete, undo, all the work that is already payed and made.. that's just plain stupid and its not how business works At least not where i come from. and if they have their develop team as near as functional as their PR team no one will delete anything.. as i stated before... CA is still working.. from home or whatever. All the fuzz is for media and those SJ bullshit that everyone uses nowadays. bah

Ash

Arcane
Don't be so sure. There was conflict between the dev team and Avellone prior. It didn't sound like they were happy with his work even before he got cancelled.
Also stuff gets scrapped in game dev all the time.

Slaver1

Savant
The fact Techland are so far removed from the raging culture war/ Maoist revolution geographically, indeed being part of a post-Communism country to boot, makes their kowtowing to mob justice that much worse. An extra special fuck you to whoever was responsible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom