Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Lautreamont

Augur
That early access reviewer says "I'm not sure if Avellone's work is still embedded into the game. If it's not, you can definitely tell that [Techland] took inspiration from it" and that it plays like an RPG reminiscent of New Vegas.

I just want to kill zombies and fight monsters with bros.

Yea, that's all this game needs to be; sandbox parkour and dropkicking zombies off skyscrapers.

ADL

Prophet
Aiden is such a douchy name. Sorry all Aiden Codexers out there.
6a830013d42d1b058c1e8aadde14c7aa72ca4e1123433917db59b64f13283ae3_1.jpg

Glad I picked this up before the reviews started coming out for almost half price. Sometimes the gamble pays off. Keys spiked up ten or twelve dollars since I last checked 2-3 days ago. Wonder how much his complaints with the parkour system is answered by the progression system. Either way, they'll be updating the game for five years so if it comes out with minor issues they have a good track record of fixing and improving stuff.

Gerrard

Arcane
Excellent post-launch support = shitting out countless garbage "DLCs" with new items while not actually improving the game in any substantial way despite many issues

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Excellent post-launch support = shitting out countless garbage "DLCs" with new items while not actually improving the game in any substantial way despite many issues
The actual expansion the following was good and added new mechanics, Bozak horde dlc was very good for co op gameplay same with the free prison heist dlc rest was new items and outits for retards I never needed those. You can get all the worthwhile dlc if you buy Dying light enhanced edition.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/88801/

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Do people actually care about these weird thematic developer interviews? Just show us gameplay.

Or better yet, release a demo.

ADL

Prophet
Don't think anyone will defend the numerous stupid cosmetic shit like the astronaut DLC but the overwhelming majority of additions were free and added new modes, new maps, a whole bunch of events, some of the best mod support in recent years and reworked systems like parkour and the combat.

Here's some PS5 footage showcasing the different modes.
Quality mode with ray tracing
Resolution Mode (4K)
Performance mode (60 FPS+)

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Apparently it has a lot of C&C and good writing. Also leaning heavily on RPG elements. I'll just leave this here. Should watch/listen to it. Pretty good. Not a fan of the chick but I'm more interested in the gameplay info.

Artyoan

Arbiter

This guy has a side quest and quite a bit of gameplay. Exclusive early showoff but apparently also a build that lacks bug fixes and polish of the release. Looks a lot like the first one but a bit more floaty to me. I'm sure I'll play it at some point.

Artyoan

Arbiter
I am here today to point out the obvious. The hype for this game seems to be incredibly low. Even though I'm personally interested.

typical user

Arbiter
I am here today to point out the obvious. The hype for this game seems to be incredibly low. Even though I'm personally interested.

Because of Cyberpunk. I don't want to see any promotional materials, I don't care. I can't be disappointed if I did not watch them. But I can be pleasantly surprised if the reviews after first month are good.

Fuck CDPR.

notpl

Arbiter
I thought the first game was relatively fun the whole way through and it never even occurred to me that I might not want to play the sequel. I don't give a shit who did or didn't write the game (avellone is a tedious hack, paraphrasing a wikipedia page about a concept you remember from your gen-ed philosophy course is not "writing") or how messy the development was, the gameplay trailers look like essentially the same game and there's no reason to assume I won't enjoy this one.

ADL

Prophet
Looks like the first ten minutes of the game. Hope you can return to this area later, it looks nice.

Also they put out a roadmap last night.

Yosharian

Arcane
Glad I picked this up before the reviews started coming out for almost half price. Sometimes the gamble pays off. Keys spiked up ten or twelve dollars since I last checked 2-3 days ago. Wonder how much his complaints with the parkour system is answered by the progression system. Either way, they'll be updating the game for five years so if it comes out with minor issues they have a good track record of fixing and improving stuff.
Where did you get your key from? GMG don't have any yet...

ferratilis

Magister
If you preorder a game, any game, in a world where Cyberpunk exists, you deserve to get shit. Just saying.

Codex, of all places, should be a place where people don't fall for cheap marketing. "Good C&C" lol, like any game in the last decade had done it well.

BruceVC

Magister
If you preorder a game, any game, in a world where Cyberpunk exists, you deserve to get shit. Just saying.

Codex, of all places, should be a place where people don't fall for cheap marketing. "Good C&C" lol, like any game in the last decade had done it well.

What if you go along with something willingly, is that the same as " falling for it " ?

ADL

Prophet

I paid $32 and it's completely refundable within 14 days of delivery marked on the account as long as I don't view the key. Enjoy paying $60 + tax because the 'never pre-order' mentality though.
How much did you pay?
$32

ferratilis

Magister

I paid $32 and it's completely refundable within 14 days of delivery marked on the account as long as I don't view the key. Enjoy paying $60 + tax because the 'never pre-order' mentality though.
How much did you pay?
$32
I'll play it two years from now when it's $15, complete, bug free, and with all content. But thanks for beta testing the game for the rest of us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom