Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy is Hellgate London + DX

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
You'll most likely see a couple of my maps in that DLC, I was working on them before I was let go.
You worked with EYE devs? Have a preemptive brofist: :bro: Also fuck the haters.

thesoup

Arcane
You'll most likely see a couple of my maps in that DLC, I was working on them before I was let go.
Were you employed there or did they outsource stuff to you? Tell us how was working with them like.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Rather they fix the single player/base game than add multiplayer modes.

oscar

Arcane
What's wrong with the single player/base game? Was pretty solid and a lot of fun to me. But I don't know why you'd replay the main campaign of an FPS (even if it does have RPG/Deus Ex elements) after completing it. Perhaps once to see different dialogues and endings.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bugs, glitches, incomprehensible text. Didn't even get halfway through. I can appreciate it was done by a few guys but they lack of support is glaring (game is almost two years old now and there haven't been many fixes). I outlined my complaints in a thread on EYE either here or on the RPG forum (it's an old thread) and pointed out a Steam forum post where they basically said, yeah we're just enjoying the profit and buying big screen tvs and shit for the office and working on EYE 2.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The game is solid mechanically but I agree, buggy as hell. Amazing concept but the game really doesn't need new content, it needs more polish and a native English speaker to do the translation.

oscar

Arcane
Truth be told I thought the weird semi-broken English added to the atmosphere and the feeling of you being isolated and alone and never too sure of what's actually going on.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a fine line between semi-broken and incomprehensible and they crossed it. Again, I find it hard to believe that in nearly two years they couldn't throw a few ducats towards a better translation. Not going to bitch and complain too much since I only paid $2.50 for it but regardless of how much I spend I'll always call a spade a spade.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Yeah I was an employee, and before we had our offices I worked from my home so it was very different. I never had a real 'job' experience before since I was mostly studying english literature, and I dropped off of uni and moved to Paris to work with them (I live in the south of France). Unfortunately once I was there things didn't go very well for various reasons even though the adventure started really great, and we split up last year when I finished working on my multiplayer levels. I don't know how much they changed them but I can see Sepulchre (the tomb thing) is still in.

Multi-headed Cow

I never really thought to myself "Wow. Deathmatches could really improve this game.". Looking forward to the 4 new sp / coop locations though.
This. It's a cool weird game but I can't say as I felt a desire to play against other humans in it. May give it another play once this update hits. Ran through it twice before then.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is probably my favorite game from 2011. Glad to see it's still being updated with bug fixes and new content.

oscar

Arcane
Yeah I didn't experience a single bug. The game also played very smoothly with no lag or stuttering, which is nice considering the graphical problems I've gotten with far uglier games.

I purchased it about ten months after its release so perhaps they'd patched out the bugs by then.

Raapys

Arcane
This game makes me sad. It has excellent atmosphere, cool game world and fun gameplay, but also shittons of unrealized potential. Another few years in full development, some polish and maybe a few design changes, and it would have easily been a classic. Instead it ends up an interesting and unique, but ultimately average, game.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I love EYE but Imagine how good the game could have been if it was done with a AAA budget and a larger team.

thesoup

Arcane
An AAA budget would, sadly, require a publisher which would in turn require them to xboxify the game.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
They still don't spell English words correctly. "Initialisation"

Truth be told I thought the weird semi-broken English added to the atmosphere

How people can support gibberish and a nonsensical plot is beyond me. If the developers actually gave a shit, they could've spent minimal time fixing any of the translation errors. E.Y.E. could've been awesome. But the fact is, they didn't care enough to have set difficulties [IE proper monster spawns], much less work on having proper English, in a game that was primarily consumed by an English speaking audience. So they basically released a game permanently in debug mode, without coherent English/Translations. If this was any other company, they'd be flogged.

Deakul

Augur
Oh wow, the melee combat looks boring as all hell.
And the game seems to feel completely like a Source mod.

:killit:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The guns in EYE feel a million times better than any Valve-made game, that's for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom