Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy is Hellgate London + DX

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I want to replay this. I need to experience the thrill of being hacked by ATM machines more often in my daily life.

oscar

Arcane
I really loved the lore and plot of this (and the endings are very different). Like a mixture of the best of Dune and 40K but with a realistic sense of technological/demographic scale and that surrealist French genius. Small moments like that black afro'd white gangster weeping about electrocuting civilians testicles or the realisation of your own brainwashing against your best friend.. the gameplay and lore mixed excellently making you question what a psycho you had become

Sykar

Arcane
E.Y.E. is one of those games I get tempted to re-install now and then, because I remember the shootings being reasonably amusing, whist also having a metric shit-ton of WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON in it. It feels like the kind of game Prosper might make, except maybe not quite that bonkers. If you get it on Steam you can always just play experience it for 2 hours then refund it if you're still sane, or even carry on playing it if you're having a jolly old time.

82d.jpg

pidstuff

Educated
Are there mods or essential fan patches for that game? Or do you just go vanilla.
The only mod I have is the one that removes the fish-eye in scopes, it's just a preference. Other guys recommend a certain map for farming Brouzoufs and suitcases.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I was thinking about getting this in the next Steam sale, but those horror stories I'm reading about broken savegames make me think twice. Other than disabling Windows Defender, is there any other, more reliable fix?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
There will be some shenanigans but in my experience there won't be much trouble if you only quit out after returning from a mission. 4 playthroughs and nothing gamebreaking (some shenanigans tho). You should not let it in any way discourage you from playing seeing as it's
actually pretty thematic for the game, my guess is they tried for some kind of savegame meta elements but it just didn't work out very well at all. This might be complete bullshit tho.

Renevent

Cipher
I own this and have tried to get into multiple times...never could get past the first hour or so. I always thought it looked really cool and has cool ideas. Def should give it another go.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Tried it a while ago, to acquire familiarity with the so-called Source Engine ARPG Trinity - Bloodlines, Dark Messiah and E.Ψ.Ǝ.

EYE is not RPG by any means - it's the finest specimen of FPS with stats bunched on top. There are stats, augs and researches, but they change quite little. Ironically, EYE predates the current tread for such type of game design.
As an FPS game is competent enough - gunplay is great and weapon selection is nice. Shooting is definitely enjoyable.
Game looks great - marvelous aesthetics, graphic design and setting, atmosphere - all is top notch. Story is very vague in a good way.
AI is complete trash, it's on the Counter Strike bots level. Strange, I remember Combines in baseline HL2 being coded fairly good, but I guess it was level-related behavior.
Levels are huge, non-linear and pleasant to the eye. Good level design.

But the gameplay is what killed it for me. You just run around on empty maps, killing braindead bots without the end. This gets tiresome fairly quick and you need to kill more because grind. That's a shame, with a better AI and some kind of thought-out encounter design this game would have been a masterpiece along with the likes of Stalker.

pidstuff

Educated
I personally liked the game. It's really not an RPG unless STALKER is one.

You'll definitely find the game a chore if you can't stomach the respawning enemies so you could grind your upgrades and research but if you don't mind that, and are a fan of the setting it presents to you, which is literally a rip off of different sci-fi and cyberpunk media (Ghost in the Shell tank battle area, Total Recall stuff like the plot making you unsure who you're really working for even including getting your ass to Mars, that level that's kind of like Alien/s even the enemies look familiar, etc), then you just might like it.

Add to this the many ways you can approach encounters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom