Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview E3 2014 Trailers: Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 4

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BioWare; CD Projekt; Dragon Age III: Inquisition; Mass Effect: Andromeda; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Yesterday was the first day of this year's E3, and as usual, there were plenty of popamole trailers to go around. There aren't actually that many AAAwesome RPGs in development these days. South Park and Dark Souls 2 were released earlier this year, leaving us with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Dragon Age: Inquisition, which also featured in last year's E3.

We'll start with Witcher 3's trailer, which was actually a full-blown gameplay demonstration. Watch as Geralt hunts down and cinematically slays a mighty griffin in the woods, not forgetting to dispatch a group of bandits on the way (and awkwardly flirt with the herbalist they were harassing). It's a nice demonstration of the game's grid-based inventory, improved combat camera and open world:

Onward to the Dragon Age: Inquisition trailer, which shows...uh, a bunch of random epic fantasy stuff happening in the Frostbite Engine. Seriously, I got nothing:

But wait, there's more from BioWare! They're ready to talk a bit about the next Mass Effect too, and also about the mysterious new IP in development at BioWare Edmonton. And they're going to do it while wearing black shirts and sitting in dark rooms:

If you'd like to see more of Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are a bunch of additional gameplay demos out there on YouTube right now. As for me, I'll keep hoping that somebody leaks out some footage of Pillars of Eternity.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Witcher 3 was just demoed at ign, they showed Novigrad and talking with Dijkstra, that was paradoxically more interesting to me than the combat part.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With the NDA, no one's going to be leaking anything of Obsidian's unless they want to be kept out of the loop forever.

Pike

Novice
zx0dw6.png

First tranny in a major video game?

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
god the marketing people are just immersing us in their stomach acid with this nothing of an ME3 video

TW3 looks gorgeous and its cynicism is nice, but every time I play any of them I roll all of my eyes about the whole fuck all the pussy thing. I wanna play Geralt as entirely hard-bitten and detached from normal society. I don't really want the man even to remember he has a dick. I want him to spurn Triss' attentions with an almost-confused alienness. he's perfectly set up to be the non-slutbag male protagonist that way, but it's not even an option much of the time. breeders got a lot to answer for.

Dr Schultz

Augur
TW3 looks like TW2 with a Z-axis, same combat essentially *yawn*.

Actually it looks like they slow significantily down the pace, which could be both a god or a bad thing.

IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!!! and i meant shit for real
:rage:

Don't mean to be rude, but the 'dex is the last place on Earth where a mentally healthy person would collect feedbacks about an action combat system. And this's exactly the reason :asd:.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'll keep hoping that somebody leaks out some footage of Pillars of Eternity.
Amen, bro. A-men.

LoL @ these Bioware videos. So much effort to show absolutely nothing relevant.
I would usually agree. But here, I've learned something that I didn't know (but that may just be because I don't follow news on their games): Dragon Age will follow the story of another chosen one. It seems like the PC has been affected by some green slime that makes hims speshal. Another reason to be not excited.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
But here, I've learned something that I didn't know (but that may just be because I don't follow news on their games): Dragon Age will follow the story of another chosen one. It seems like the PC has been affected by some green slime that makes hims speshal. Another reason to be not excited.

I was pretending that was an antagonist monologuing, but we're probably not so lucky

bat_boro

Arcane
I don't know about the game itself but it looks worse than Battlefield 3. I thought one thing this game would have wold be cool graphics at least considering the tech it runs on but even that is not impressive.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:nocountryforshitposters: :hero:

I did mention the fact that both Witcher 3 and DA:I had additional gameplay demos that were available on YouTube at the bottom of the newspost. Not gonna spend any more effort tracking down popamole videos and posting them on the Codex's front page

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom