Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview E3 2014 Trailers: Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 4

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: BioWare; CD Projekt; Dragon Age III: Inquisition; Mass Effect: Andromeda; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Yesterday was the first day of this year's E3, and as usual, there were plenty of popamole trailers to go around. There aren't actually that many AAAwesome RPGs in development these days. South Park and Dark Souls 2 were released earlier this year, leaving us with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Dragon Age: Inquisition, which also featured in last year's E3.

We'll start with Witcher 3's trailer, which was actually a full-blown gameplay demonstration. Watch as Geralt hunts down and cinematically slays a mighty griffin in the woods, not forgetting to dispatch a group of bandits on the way (and awkwardly flirt with the herbalist they were harassing). It's a nice demonstration of the game's grid-based inventory, improved combat camera and open world:

Onward to the Dragon Age: Inquisition trailer, which shows...uh, a bunch of random epic fantasy stuff happening in the Frostbite Engine. Seriously, I got nothing:

But wait, there's more from BioWare! They're ready to talk a bit about the next Mass Effect too, and also about the mysterious new IP in development at BioWare Edmonton. And they're going to do it while wearing black shirts and sitting in dark rooms:

If you'd like to see more of Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are a bunch of additional gameplay demos out there on YouTube right now. As for me, I'll keep hoping that somebody leaks out some footage of Pillars of Eternity.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    Witcher 3 was just demoed at ign, they showed Novigrad and talking with Dijkstra, that was paradoxically more interesting to me than the combat part.

^ Top  
  3. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    i think im gona stick with a Prospector

^ Top  
  4. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    With the NDA, no one's going to be leaking anything of Obsidian's unless they want to be kept out of the loop forever.

^ Top  
  5. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Pike Novice

Pike
    [​IMG]

First tranny in a major video game?

^ Top  
  8. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
  9. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Angry black people will look like angry tranny black people, such is the way of things.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'm beginning to wonder whether Leliana is the designated groupie of the Dragon Age universe.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Amen, bro. A-men.

LoL @ these Bioware videos. So much effort to show absolutely nothing relevant.

^ Top  
  12. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    TW3 looks like TW2 with a Z-axis, same combat essentially *yawn*.

^ Top  
  13. Trash Pointing and laughing.

Trash
    There was some actual Dragon Age gameplay shown on that twitch stream. I can't imagine that not showing up on some youtube channel sooner or later.

^ Top  
  14. crawlkill Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!

crawlkill
    god the marketing people are just immersing us in their stomach acid with this nothing of an ME3 video

TW3 looks gorgeous and its cynicism is nice, but every time I play any of them I roll all of my eyes about the whole fuck all the pussy thing. I wanna play Geralt as entirely hard-bitten and detached from normal society. I don't really want the man even to remember he has a dick. I want him to spurn Triss' attentions with an almost-confused alienness. he's perfectly set up to be the non-slutbag male protagonist that way, but it's not even an option much of the time. breeders got a lot to answer for.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    you forgot to mention BOTOX tranny

^ Top  
  16. Dr Schultz Savant

Dr Schultz
    Actually it looks like they slow significantily down the pace, which could be both a god or a bad thing.

^ Top  
  17. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!!! and i meant shit for real
    :rage:

^ Top  
  18. Dr Schultz Savant

Dr Schultz
    Don't mean to be rude, but the 'dex is the last place on Earth where a mentally healthy person would collect feedbacks about an action combat system. And this's exactly the reason :asd:.

^ Top  
  19. Xbalanque Educated

Xbalanque
    ME4 - so much masturbation in just one movie!

^ Top  
  20. Minttunator Arcane Patron

Minttunator
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Those Bioware trailers, man! I can't believe people still buy their shit. :lol:

^ Top  
  21. Ogg Prophet Patron

Ogg
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I would usually agree. But here, I've learned something that I didn't know (but that may just be because I don't follow news on their games): Dragon Age will follow the story of another chosen one. It seems like the PC has been affected by some green slime that makes hims speshal. Another reason to be not excited.

^ Top  
  22. crawlkill Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!

crawlkill
    I was pretending that was an antagonist monologuing, but we're probably not so lucky

^ Top  
  23. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    After the nintendo conference?

I tried to tell Infinitron last night, but:

Show Spoiler

welp

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Zorba the Hutt Arcane Weasel

Zorba the Hutt
    :lol:

But to be fair, newsposters get to "fuck bitches" too...

^ Top  
  25. bat_boro Arcane

bat_boro
    I don't know about the game itself but it looks worse than Battlefield 3. I thought one thing this game would have wold be cool graphics at least considering the tech it runs on but even that is not impressive.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.