Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 + Summer Game Fest 2021 - June 10th to July 29th

Codex Year of the Donut
I hate this timeline, I want to go back.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Square Enix is live:

E259OpbWYAAPjIo

DeepOcean

Arcane
Starfield: "I'm a stunning and brave woman looking intensively to a console."
Outer Worlds 2: "Guys, I gonna make a joke about game trailers that show nothing while showing nothing, it is so funny like the humor of Outer Worlds 1."
Arkane: "4 generic worktard quirky millennials try so hard on the hope the cringe will distract you from the fact that Arkane is doing a Lef4Dead clone."
Halo: "Hey guise, we fixed the lighting now."
Sea of Thieves, ESO and Fallout 76: "Hey guys,we still exist, remember us?"

Oh, Microsoft, I was hoping for you to save us from the boredom not join them.

You put so much effort into being as grumpy and jaded as possible, you forgot STALKER2, Atomic Heart, and Age of Empires.
Age of Empires, I know for a long time so no news here, Atomic Heart is on limbo for years with cool trailers but nothing of concrete to deliver, Stalker 2, the trailer looked promising but I noticed on how stiff the camera movement was, probably was mostly scripted.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Do we really want a Deus ex revival in CURRENT_YEAR? Better the series rest in peace.

Indeed. As we have already witnesses with other beloved IPs that have been continued by different studios, or sometimes even people who did work on the originals but years later, at some point it is best to let some IP rest than than turn them into the bastardizations we have now.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Do we really want a Deus ex revival in CURRENT_YEAR? Better the series rest in peace.
Yes, we do. The nu-Deus Ex games were good. Stop being such a defeated corpse, actively wishing for the worse so you can excuse your bitter self loathing lack of existence. Have fun, play some video games or something.

vibehunter

Learned

I don’t know what the current state of Eidos is, but if it’s the same talent that made HR and MD, a new game to conclude the Jensen story would be welcome.

gongal

Educated
Canadian Deus Ex game in the current game.... I can't believe people still want that.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

passerby

Arcane
I'm late with this comment, but I liked the STALKER 2 trailer, I think they've got the mood and artstyle right.
Gameplay looks good too, better than Metro, less cinematic, without overly elaborate animations.

Looks like they are at least trying to replicate the original experience. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Did they really have to put that stupid act in the show?
Just focus on the games and the interviews and leave story telling and acts for Youtubers who are better at it.

ADL

Prophet
oh my goodness i can't believe devbo-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom