Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 + Summer Game Fest 2021 - June 10th to July 29th

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Someone give me 10 awesome reasons I should be horny about this year's E3.

Razer? Verizon? Gamespot? What are they showing, an RGB smart toaster that only outputs avocado toast?

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

1- Elden Ring (first-look gameplay trailer)
2- Todd Howard's Little Lies - Starfield Edition
3- The Outer Worlds 2 (announcement)
4- Brian Mitsoda's New Gig
5- ELEX 2
6- New Arkane Austin game (supposedly Project Omen, a vampire immersive sim)
7- Weird West (new trailer, and maybe a release date?)
8- Hotline Miami 3 (if only for the soundtrack)
9- Vampire: the Masquerade - Swansong (the only modern WoD game that has a chance to be any good)
10- The inevitable "E3 2021 in a nutshell" cringe compilations

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'd bet Elex 2 will likely be at Gamescom than E3 or Summer thing. Elex 1 was announced in time for Gamescom.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Somehow this is even messier than last year, companies like Warner still haven't announced the time of their E3 presentation. And why E3 and summer of games fest overlap is a complete mystery. The weirdest part is that some events like Ubisoft forwards are part of both...

ADL

Prophet

5- ELEX 2
9- Vampire: the Masquerade - Swansong (the only modern WoD game that has a chance to be any good)
You got Forza Horizons 5 which is releasing this year. Those games are awesome and should be pretty big on PC with a day one Steam release. FH4 came to Steam years later and it still was #1 top seller.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I'd bet Elex 2 will likely be at Gamescom than E3 or Summer thing. Elex 1 was announced in time for Gamescom.
In the pandemic times though it can go different. I expect teaser (short gameplay) of ELEX2 at E3 and proper gameplay at Gamescom, with the release early 2022 (March?).

Fuck, if they don't officially disclose it, there is nothing to wait (KCD2 is not coming in foreseable future, DeusEx is dead for 5 years at least, Starfield is going to be shit even if it is announced and Vampyre's games are enigma).

ELEX is the only truth out there: Eclectic, Lavish, Exhilarating, Xenial!

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Somehow this is even messier than last year, companies like Warner still haven't announced the time of their E3 presentation. And why E3 and summer of games fest overlap is a complete mystery. The weirdest part is that some events like Ubisoft forwards are part of both...

That's all Pope Doritos' doing. With all its faults, the ESA is doing the heavy lifting this year, and Geoff can neither face some competition nor handle sharing the spotlight. Pathetic, really.

Codex Year of the Donut

OYycYPbi_400x400.jpg

lol gaaaay

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
google translated fro polish:

Later, we will definitely see you on Saturday night - then we will talk about what Ubisoft is preparing for the next year. We have already seen the games prepared by the French giant, so the information will be first-hand. On Sunday, Microsoft will order us together with Bethesda, and after the weekend ... well, here we will keep you in suspense for a while, because the screening of the sequel of the popular erpeg on the Vistula is getting ready, which has not yet been announced.
Source: https://www.gry-online.pl/S018.asp?ID=2977

ELEX2

JDR13

Arcane

5- ELEX 2

I hope that's not supposed to be some kind of pecking order.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
(...)
(...)
That got my attention given that Dennaton Games ruled out a third part of the series for years, but there seems to be some evidence for it. I'm not sure what to think about it. I loved Hotline Miami 1, but was severly disappointed by the sequel, so if they release a new Hotline, I hope they stick close to the original game.

Dodo1610

Arcane
So this is interesting

Warhorse PR-guy tweeted this and Warhorse Twitter retweeted it. Also, KCD was the only big franchise that Deep Silver didn't mention in their last tweet. Unless they are trolling KCd 2 should be announced there.

Anonona

Learned
The only thing I could hope of this E3 is if Capcom announces Dragon's Dogma 2 and it isn't shit. At this point in life, I don't even mind if it isn't better, as long as is as good as the first one but with more content I will be happy.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

Yes, that got me puzzled, because the info I refered to (rpg sequel famous in Poland) can as well refer to KCD2 rather than ELEX2.

I was just under impression that Warhorse stated somwhere that we shouldn't expect anything from them anytime soon :?

I am gladly accepting both though :positive:

Still, it is PB games that have cult status in PL, so I am betting for ELEX2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom