Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 + Summer Game Fest 2021 - June 10th to July 29th

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Yes, that got me puzzled, because the info I refered to (rpg sequel famous in Poland) can as well refer to KCD2 rather than ELEX2.

I was just under impression that Warhorse stated somwhere that we shouldn't expect anything from them anytime soon :?

I am gladly accepting both though :positive:

Still, it is PB games that have cult status in PL, so I am betting for ELEX2.

46AMtn.jpg

Apparently, he does not answer exclusively to Warhorse Studios nowadays (did work on Iron Harvest for Deep Silver, for instance), so that teaser could be... We'll have to wait and see™.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
To anyone that cares: Jeff Grubb (game journo and "insider" from GamesBeat) said the Xbox + Bethesda E3 conference will have up to 4 or 5 new game announcements.

If I had to guess:

1 - Project Omen (Arkane Austin)
2 - Wolfenstein III (MachineGames)
3 - A "do you guys not have phones?" mobile title
4 - The Outer Worlds 2 (Cainarsky Collective)
5 - Another licensed game deal (Arkane Lyon + Mandalorian?)

Extra guesses:

- new MMO from Zenimax Online
- teaser for the "next-gen" inXile RPG
- A second mobile game nobody asked for
- QUAKE!
- the acquisition of the Deus Ex IP

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
As a player of The Elder Scrolls Online I've been under the impression that TESO has been on the backburner for quite some time. They've been working on something new for years and we have no idea what it is besides that it'll be a new IP and uses a new engine. If not this year, definitely next year.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
As a player of The Elder Scrolls Online I've been under the impression that TESO has been on the backburner for quite some time. They've been working on something new for years and we have no idea what it is besides that it'll be a new IP and uses a new engine. If not this year, definitely next year.
Please let it be TESOffline.

Looking forward to footage from:

- Elden Ring
- Zelda BOTW 2
- KCD 2
- The Touryst 2
- The Evil Within 3
- Hitman: Codename 007
- New/Remade Witcher(s)
- Jedi Fallen Order 2
- Whatever Inxile is working on
- Whatever the Disco Elysium dudes are working on
- Resident Evil 4 remake
- New/Remade KOTORs

Unannounced stuff that could be interesting:
- Neverwinter Nights 3 (focused on toolset creation and seamless multiplayer matchmaking)
- MGS1-3 remakes
- Deus Ex remake
- Warcraft 2 remaster

Little hope left for anything good from the likes of obsidian/piranhabytes/bethesda/bioware/ubisoft.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
So this is interesting

Warhorse PR-guy tweeted this and Warhorse Twitter retweeted it. Also, KCD was the only big franchise that Deep Silver didn't mention in their last tweet. Unless they are trolling KCd 2 should be announced there.

It's probably too early to even tease, but it's not impossible that it's Payday 3. I own stocks in Starbreeze so I've followed them along for a while now and they entered a deal with Koch not too long ago. Probably not though, they've only been at it for a couple of months.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/pc-gaming-show-2021-preview/

What to expect from the PC Gaming Show at E3
Watch the PC Gaming Show live on Sunday, June 13 at 2:30 PM Pacific.

Next weekend is going to be wild.

After a tumultuous 2020 scattered June's usual stack of gaming events across the calendar, balance has been restored. 18 livestreamed events (and counting) will take place from June 9-15 as part of a reunified E3, and the PC Gaming Show is dead-center in the middle of it.

Part of a giant day of programming that will also feature Microsoft and Bethesda, Square Enix, Back 4 Blood, and our compatriot show The Future Games Show, the PC Gaming Show will air Sunday, June 13 at 2:30 PM PST / 5:30 PM EST. Watch the show live on twitch.tv/pcgamer, youtube.com/pcgamer, or practically anywhere else. This year's show will broadcast on a record number of platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Steam, TikTok, VENN, Reddit, Entertainment Weekly, and international partners such as WEBEDIA, Wechat, Bilibili, and AfreecaTV. But not on the Golf Channel. You will not find us on the Golf Channel.

Expect a more concentrated 90-minute event, a bright moment focused just on PC gaming amid the plentiful activity of E3. And into that duration we've packed as many great trailers as possible, a total of 39 new videos, game announcements, and interviews that will make up this year's broadcast. Here's a preview of some of what you'll see:

PC Gaming Show 2021 partial lineup
  • Exclusive content, along with beta and launch information for Naraka Bladepoint
  • Techland will be showing Dying Light 2 Stay Human and giving the first in-depth look at its main character Aiden and his internal motivation, alongside revealing more about the Dying Light 2 Stay Human universe
  • The first reveal of a new game from Kasedo Games & Bulwark Studios
  • Big news for the Orcs Must Die! franchise
  • New content from New Blood Interactive
  • New gameplay for Hello Neighbor 2, new modes revealed for Rawmen, and a world premier of a new title from tinyBuild
  • A new announcement from Pixelated Milk
  • A reveal of the next game from Shiro Games
  • SEGA and Amplitude Studios will have a major announcement and reveal for the highly anticipated strategy game, Humankind
  • Exclusive content from All In! Games and Chernobylite
  • An announcement from EVE Academy
  • A new Chivalry 2 announcement from Torn Banner Studios
  • NACON and Big Bad Wolf are showing a brand new trailer for Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong
  • An exclusive offer from GeForce NOW, NVIDIA's cloud gaming service
  • Other exciting unrevealed games
  • And a message from Valve regarding Steam
The PC Gaming Show will also include exciting new content from:

• Frontier & Frontier Foundry
  • Fellow Traveler
  • Tripwire Interactive
  • Humble Games
  • Ishtar Games
  • Alawar Games
We're also doing something a little unusual, if you didn't catch it from Day[9]'s short announcement video above: the PC Gaming Show will be taking place in outer space. Listen, when a StarCraft legend says "Hop in my spaceship," you don't say no. This will be by far the highest-end production we've created, and it's one we've had a lot of fun pulling together.

Not unrelatedly, here are our sponsors for this year's show, without whom we couldn't broadcast an E3 event from orbit.

PC Gaming Show 2021 sponsors
  • MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
  • Intel
  • All in! Games
  • EVE Online
  • Frontier
  • Frontier Foundry
  • Humble Games
  • Modus Games
  • Robot Entertainment
  • SEGA
  • tinyBuild
  • Tripwire Interactive

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Oh, look, we won't have to wait till july:

• NACON and Big Bad Wolf are showing a brand new trailer for Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong

Other than that, nothing much to look forward IMO.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
That's a horrible line-up.

Was hoping for a secret announcement by SEGA (P5R). But, oh well....

ADL

Prophet

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm surprised that neither lineup has a Star Citizen presentation. I guess they're just crunching so hard that they don't have the time for that kind of nonsense.
CIG tends to show up at that PC gaming thing. They'll probably show off the new gas planet landing zone with the space whale due at the end of this month to mid-July in 3.14
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/release-view
maxresdefault.jpg

Actual game footage of said area is NPC's in T-pose with texture errors everywhere.

Alphons

Cipher
(...)
8- Hotline Miami 3 (if only for the soundtrack)
(...)
That got my attention given that Dennaton Games ruled out a third part of the series for years, but there seems to be some evidence for it. I'm not sure what to think about it. I loved Hotline Miami 1, but was severly disappointed by the sequel, so if they release a new Hotline, I hope they stick close to the original game.

Well, they already "teased" HM3 6 years ago...

It's just an inside joke like Hotline Milwaukee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom